Single Christian Women's Support - THE REMIX!

Lucia

Ladies
I was just in the prayer request thread and novena thread and it stuck me that we all know the praying in numbers works.

I wonder if we as single ladies who have the call to be wives and mothers shouldn't we start praying for each other on the regular for others in the thread who've expressed they're call to be wives?
If you're already been doing that great keep it up and thanks zillion. :grin:
I haven't been consistent on this but I'm up for the challenge who's with me?

Mat 18:20
20 [a]For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.”

Lucia

Ladies I need prayer I'm in such emotional turmoil and deep pain right now.
I even feel selfish for asking you to pray for me for help with this. But I'm now confused and lost.
I was in a LDR it ended a while ago bc he had to get his schooling and job together. So I gave him his space but slowly communication dropped off. So I figured either he doesn't want to resume the relationship until he has something to offer or he's no longer into me and has someone else.
Well today I saw the beautiful wedding pictures of him and his bride in a lavish wedding at some luxurious hotel. I knew this was a possibility but I'm still devastated. There were no we are engaged stuff beforehand so I didn't know at all.
It should not have hit me so hard but it did. I've been in tears all day off and on.

Divine.

I even feel selfish for asking you to pray for me for help with this. But I'm now confused and lost.
I was in a LDR it ended a while ago bc he had to get his schooling and job together. So I gave him his space but slowly communication dropped off. So I figured either he doesn't want to resume the relationship until he has something to offer or he's no longer into me and has someone else.
Well today I saw the beautiful wedding pictures of him and his bride in a lavish wedding at some luxurious hotel. I knew this was a possibility but I'm still devastated. There were no we are engaged stuff beforehand so I didn't know at all.
It should not have hit me so hard but it did. I've been in tears all day off and on.

You are not selfish! You are human :yep: The way you are feeling is perfectly normal. I will keep you in my prayers :bighug:

Belle Du Jour

Praying for you. :hugs:

God has something better in mind for you.

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
What's an "LDR." long-term relationship? I'm sorry and know it hurts but it ended and he moved on. He's not the one G-d has for you. Keep on hoping and moving forward. Get some fresh air and exercise and pray through the anxiety. Praying for you.

Lucia

Amen from your lips to Gods ears.

What's an "LDR." long-term relationship? I'm sorry and know it hurts but it ended and he moved on. He's not the one G-d has for you. Keep on hoping and moving forward. Get some fresh air and exercise and pray through the anxiety. Praying for you.

LDR =long distance relationship

@Belle Du Jour @kanozas

Ladies Thank you so much

bellatiamarie

Praying for you @Lucia

That's terrible... but you will get through this. Don't beat yourself up for how you're feeling. It's only natural to feel hurt after heartbreak. Just remember that God will heal your broken heart.

You'll make it through sis... keep pushing and praying.

Divine.

I was going to blog about this, but I decided to write it here.

Something I have been struggling with is the idea that you have to reach a certain level of righteous before you can have a husband. I have always been taught that you must be content in the Lord first and only then would you get a husband. I'm not sure I believe this anymore.

There's so many beautiful Christian women serving the Lord wholeheartedly that I can't believe this. I am perfectly content in the Lord, but that doesn't mean I don't want a husband! I wasn't called to singleness, so I won't accept it as God's will for my life.

I don't know why there are so many single Christian women. I don't know why we have to wait longer than the average woman to find our Mr. Right. However I do know the type of man I want God to bless me with. The fallacy many women believe is that the measure of how long we wait is based solely on our devotion to the Lord. I do think it matters, but I don't think it's the whole story.

We all have a vision of the man we want to spend the rest of our life with. If you're really honest with yourself, you would want God to take His time with him. You would also want God to mold you into the woman you need to be to complement your husband.

I get impatient sometimes...but when I think about my future husband I get excited. He will be exactly what I need because God perfected him in His image :cupid:

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
May the LORD grant that each of you will find rest in the home of another husband." Then she kissed them goodbye and they wept aloud - Ruth 1:9

Lately we can find a lot of articles on how we shouldn't really be aspiring that much to marriage because in the end it doesn't bring us happiness. And it is semi true. But I like this Scripture here found in the book of Ruth, it can easily be glanced over but it's so important. This is God's Word and He says we will find rest in the home of our future husbands. Right now I am homemaker and breadwinner and though I'm holding on, I need to come up with a sustainable long term solution should I remain single for another decade because I can not keep going at this rate for a long time. Marriage is NOT the solution, but as God Himself said: two are better than one.

kanozas

May the LORD grant that each of you will find rest in the home of another husband." Then she kissed them goodbye and they wept aloud - Ruth 1:9

Lately we can find a lot of articles on how we shouldn't really be aspiring that much to marriage because in the end it doesn't bring us happiness. And it is semi true. But I like this Scripture here found in the book of Ruth, it can easily be glanced over but it's so important. This is God's Word and He says we will find rest in the home of our future husbands. Right now I am homemaker and breadwinner and though I'm holding on, I need to come up with a sustainable long term solution should I remain single for another decade because I can not keep going at this rate for a long time. Marriage is NOT the solution, but as God Himself said: two are better than one.

To me, that's part of the culture of death. It's anti-family and Judaism and Catholicism/Orthodoxy stress the importance of family and how it relates to faith and the Church or body of believers and adherents. When building families is the cultural basis of your faith, it's hard to get around it. Even priests and religious "marry" the Church and Jesus. Adam and Eve became family. I think you should find articles that support marriage rather than these ones that present it so negatively. I agree, I've seen a lot of those and it's discouraging if you allow it to take the place of the bible's intent. Worse, they seem to target Black women the world over. I think this is a satanic attack. Marriage is desirable and people should seek it, depending upon their known vocation in life.

There is a lot of symbolism between marriage and the Church and I believe there is a lot of mystery involved in both. It is a process and many blessings come through it. The world doesn't value marriage and that attitude has infiltrated believers.

kanozas

You know, I don't want a man who whores himself with other women. This double-standard of just women being pure or celibate is nonsense. Jesus was also a virgin. Did people miss that point? Who on earth should want a man who looks at another woman, past or present, and decides that that's all she's worth - his ejaculatory tool? No thanks. Past mistakes? We're all in the position of needing forgiveness. But who wants a man who can't control his passions? No thanks. How he treated other women is very telling.

Last edited:

Nina_S

@Lucia I pray that you find peace!

I totally agree with Belle Du Jour. There is so much better coming your way - more than you can imagine. MAKE ROOM! I pray that WE ALL have the patience and strength. I have learned that with disappointments that there is something better. Recently I had to be reminded, "That wasn't what you have been praying for!" Once I took inventory and revisited God's promises I sat myself right on down. Just yesterday I read a devotional that really spoke to my heart and I hope it blesses you...

SEPTEMBER 15, 2015

Unwanted Change in Your Life
KRISTEN STRONG

"The LORD had said to Abram, ‘Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you …’ So Abram went, as the LORD had told him." Genesis 12:1-2a, 4a (NIV)

I stand in the kitchen, lost in the rhythm of dinner preparation, while singing with a tune sauntering from the radio. Suddenly, an offbeat percussion noise invades my peaceful space as it bounces around the house. I quickly move to the window to see if it’s what I think it is. Sure enough, nickel-sized hail pings everything, like a drumbeat set to the tune of destruction.

I fly out the door to bring my potted plants toward protection. But it’s not ‘til the storm leaves and the hail melts that I see the full extent of the damage.

Flourishing flowerbeds have been reduced to flower shrapnel. The potted arrangements fared better because I brought them in mid-storm, but many petunia and geranium stems stand stark naked, their foliage in limp piles on the Miracle-Gro dirt.

Commence yours truly throwing a fit big enough to make any toddler proud. I stomp my feet and shout, "It’ll take a miracle to get these flowers back to the way they were!"

This is one change I could do without.

If you’re like me and have spent much of life viewing unwanted change with crossed arms and stomping feet, you might see it like a devastating hailstorm. Just when your life is settled and moving along well, something comes along and damages much that is beautiful within it.

The man who was supposed to stay, left.
The place that was "home," is no longer your address.
The boss you showed your best work to, showed you the door.

A monumental moment fell into your life, and it stands like a stone in your pathway blocking your contentment. Within the darkness of your fears, you think, "It’ll take a miracle to get things back to the way they were."

As a longtime Air Force wife, my life played to the soundtrack of change. Just when I got used to something — our location, local friends, my husband’s schedule — things would be shaken and rearranged, and I’d have to get used to something different. I spent years fighting this reality until one day I felt the Lord ask me to change my prayers from God, remove this change from my life to a new perspective: God, remove my attitude toward this change.

Sometimes, a girl has to find a new song to sing. I needed new lyrics to redirect my attention from my fears to the faithful promises of God, like the one found in Genesis.

In Genesis 12, when God asks Abram to leave his home for a new, unfamiliar land, He gave Abram a promise to hold onto during the weary transition. A promise to bless Abram through the change. And you know what? God does the same for you and me as He did for Abram.

If God is sending you to a new place, He’s sending you with a promise of blessing.

Perhaps the best thing you and I can do is, like Abram, obey God by leaning into the change rather than fighting it.

Whether you experience transition under your feet, in your heart, or both, the Lord is using it for you, not against you. He is bringing you to a new place for the purpose of blessing you. We can trust change is not a life hindrance, but a life occurrence acting as a stepping-stone toward God’s best for us.

It’s more than OK to mourn the loss change brings. But as we do, may we also remember that change is not the end. A new song, sung to the tune of God’s promises and to the steady rhythm of His grace, is the blessing to find as a result.

Dear Father, thank You that while unwanted change is a surprise to me, it’s not a surprise to You. Thank You for being my safe place where I can share my fears about this change. Help me to believe that if You’re allowing something I never fathomed into my life, it’s because You’re working something unfathomably good for me through it. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

TRUTH FOR TODAY:
Romans 9:33, "God warned them of this in the Scriptures when he said, ‘I am placing a stone in Jerusalem that makes people stumble, a rock that makes them fall. But anyone who trusts in him will never be disgraced.’" (NLT)

Galatians 3:29, "And now that you belong to Christ, you are the true children of Abraham. You are his heirs, and God’s promise to Abraham belongs to you." (NLT)

RELATED RESOURCES:
Read the rest of Kristen Strong’s change story as well as the stories of others in her hope-filled book Girl Meets Change: Truths to Carry You Through Life’s Transitions.

Find more everyday encouragement and downloadable freebies when you stop by Kristen’s blog, Chasing Blue Skies.

Enter to WIN a copy of Girl Meets Change by Kristen Strong. In celebration of this book, Kristen’s publisher is giving away 10 copies! Enter to win by leaving a comment here, letting us know why you’d like a copy for yourself OR whom you would give the book to, if you won. {We’ll randomly select 10 winners and email notifications to each one by Monday, September 21.}

REFLECT AND RESPOND:
What changes are you fearful about today? What is one way you can lean into the change in your own life?

Belle Du Jour

Yes I very much feel not at rest. Something or possibly someone is missing. We all have a call to a vocation, to permanency. Not having that is starting to wear on me. I'm not even specifically praying for marriage anymore. I'm asking God t o fulfill my vocation, whatever that is. May the Lord answer all our prayers and give us places of rest.

LiftedUp

That's horrible Lucia. I pray that you find peace regarding this situation and for your emotional strength and well being.

LiftedUp

Yes I very much feel not at rest. Something or possibly someone is missing. We all have a call to a vocation, to permanency. Not having that is starting to wear on me. I'm not even specifically praying for marriage anymore. I'm asking God t o fulfill my vocation, whatever that is. May the Lord answer all our prayers and give us places of rest.

This is random... I know... but have you tried joining a couple of Ministries at your church and/or parish? You may have of course but it just came to me to ask.