Single Christian Women's Support - THE REMIX!

foxee

I hope the book brings you renewed hope ladies!

I received the book yesterday and read it in one sitting. Lynette shared a lot of the same frustrations as I have over the years and it was great to see her receive the husband she'd been praying for. :yep:

Divine.

I received the book yesterday and read it in one sitting. Lynette shared a lot of the same frustrations as I have over the years and it was great to see her receive the husband she'd been praying for. :yep:

The book actually made me a little grateful. I'm still in my early twenties so I have a whole lot of time ahead of me. I can't say I would be the most suitable person to wait that long :lol:

nlamr2013

Hey ladies checking in! God must really be about to work on me I'm either losing friends or drifting apart from them amicably left and right. Yet despite having a smaller circle I feel at peace. Every now and then I'll feel the urge to chat but then my phone will ring with someone better.

I've resolved to not let my feelings(not knowing anyone, having to ride the bus in my church clothes etc) get in the way of finding a church home.

Oh also, who do you all like to watch on YouTube Christian based any topic? I recently discovered angelcheron(sp) and whatisjoedoing(sp) and definitely feel having something like that on in the background when I'm doing whatever than some of the shows on netflix.

Highly Favored8

Hey ladies checking in! God must really be about to work on me I'm either losing friends or drifting apart from them amicably left and right. Yet despite having a smaller circle I feel at peace. Every now and then I'll feel the urge to chat but then my phone will ring with someone better.

I've resolved to not let my feelings(not knowing anyone, having to ride the bus in my church clothes etc) get in the way of finding a church home.

Oh also, who do you all like to watch on YouTube Christian based any topic? I recently discovered angelcheron(sp) and whatisjoedoing(sp) and definitely feel having something like that on in the background when I'm doing whatever than some of the shows on netflix.

nadaa16 Heather Lindsey is good!

Divine.

Hey ladies checking in! God must really be about to work on me I'm either losing friends or drifting apart from them amicably left and right. Yet despite having a smaller circle I feel at peace. Every now and then I'll feel the urge to chat but then my phone will ring with someone better. I've resolved to not let my feelings(not knowing anyone, having to ride the bus in my church clothes etc) get in the way of finding a church home. Oh also, who do you all like to watch on YouTube Christian based any topic? I recently discovered angelcheron(sp) and whatisjoedoing(sp) and definitely feel having something like that on in the background when I'm doing whatever than some of the shows on netflix.

I like realtalkkim. I want to say that's her YouTube name as well.

Phoenix14

Pray for me yall. I'm back to being so discouraged. I've been seeing someone and he really did/does (heck Idk) to be a great man. But after some recent stumbles I'm starting to think that the right man won't be quick to stumble along the way. He would also be equally convicted of our wrongdoings. I won't have to ask him what his intentions are because they'll be apparent because he will also be actively seeking the Lord's heart.

Needless to say, my walk and prayer life fell to the wayside. It might be time to cut ties and recommit. It's even starting to get to the point where I'm frustrated and distracted at church. All I see are couples and fills me with sorrow. Am I the only one dealing with this?

Oh, and everyone I know is getting engaged/married. Even the ones who have only been in relationships for less than a year.

Divine.

Pray for me yall. I'm back to being so discouraged. I've been seeing someone and he really did/does (heck Idk) to be a great man. But after some recent stumbles I'm starting to think that the right man won't be quick to stumble along the way. He would also be equally convicted of our wrongdoings. I won't have to ask him what his intentions are because they'll be apparent because he will also be actively seeking the Lord's heart. Needless to say, my walk and prayer life fell to the wayside. It might be time to cut ties and recommit. It's even starting to get to the point where I'm frustrated and distracted at church. All I see are couples and fills me with sorrow. Am I the only one dealing with this? Oh, and everyone I know is getting engaged/married. Even the ones who have only been in relationships for less than a year.

You're not the only one. I'm going through the same thing kinda. The same guy I have even dealing with for the past year has been a huge stumbling block for me.

After shutting it down with him for 100th time, he came right back :look: every time he comes back it messes me up and I lose focus. I start rationalizing how maybe he is the one but the timing is wrong. During the last time we spoke he claimed he was doing better. For a second that made me happy, but neither his fruit nor his actions lined up.

Everything you said in your post is right. If you haven't set boundaries with this guy, please do. Be clear about how your interactions with him should be pushing you closer to God. People make mistakes, but if his mistakes are negatively impacting you it may be best that you take a step back. He may be a good man, but that doesn't make him a Godly man.

Allow him to figure out his relationship with God on his own. You can be there, but you need to take a hands off approach to this. You work on yourself while he works on himself. If the relationship is toxic, by all means cut ties. Do whatever it takes so this man is not a distraction. In addition, prepare yourself for the realization that he is not the man for you. Do not bank on him changing into the man you need him to be. That's not to say it doesn't happen, but you should not put all your eggs in one basket.

Last edited:

nlamr2013

Phoenix14 I agree with divine I've not personally Dealt with that so it may be easier said than done but if something isn't doing you good that thing needs to go. If you feel like he's leading you from Christ it's definitely time to move on.
I want to reinforce good does not equal Godly.
I will Def lift you in prayer but I think the fact you realize is time for change is awesome!

Phoenix14

Thank you ladies! My mother prayed for me this morning as I cried to her about how I was feeling. I truly believe that I am convicted for a reason. My convictions drive me and I am eternally grateful that the Lord has given them to me. I really don't think I can see him right now.

My mother also confirmed what a lot of people have been telling me. It's time to open up my heart.

Sarophina

I like TorahCents. She gives solid advice and her videos are funny as well.

Divine.

I came to a realization today. I was talking to a close friend earlier and she was expressing her feelings for a guy she's talking to. She really likes him and everything feels right. She has peace.

That's when it hit me. When the right man comes along, you won't have to question it. Period. Everything will fall in line.

There's certain things I wish I didn't have to go through in order to get to this point. Spending time trying to rationalize with God gets you nowhere. Having peace is truly the answer to the "is he the one" question. Who knew it would be that simple?

luthiengirlie

I came to a realization today. I was talking to a close friend earlier and she was expressing her feelings for a guy she's talking to. She really likes him and everything feels right. She has peace.

That's when it hit me. When the right man comes along, you won't have to question it. Period. Everything will fall in line.

There's certain things I wish I didn't have to go through in order to get to this point. Spending time trying to rationalize with God gets you nowhere. Having peace is truly the answer to the "is he the one" question. Who knew it would be that simple?

This really hit me hard too.. Peace in everything that you do as directed by HIm.. especially married..

DreamLife

Random thoughts - A half of a man is indeed no man at all. I cannot deal with my issues and your baggage as well. Just let me move on with my life and stop trying to pull me back into your drama.

And yep, that's exactly right what you all stated up thread...when there is no peace, it is time to go.

bellatiamarie

Ladies, some soul ties are rooted DEEP!! Deeper than our minds can fathom. God has been bringing some things up in the last few months that I thought I was done with over 5 years ago. Some strongholds you have to fast and pray to the Lord for Him to TRULY release you from so that you are able to move forward in PURPOSE. It's definitely time for me to do some serious soul searching and heart purging again. But I thank God for bringing this up now. I can't even begin to explain the situation to ya'll because I could literally write a whole book... and that's how I know this is a true soul tie situation. But just know... what has been revealed to me was not by happenstance or chance. God needs me to know what's truly going on and He needs me to know that it is HIM revealing it to me. But I'm grateful and I praise Him for showing me the light. I am truly breathing a sigh of relief and I urge any of you single Christian ladies that have soul ties to any man from your past to really seek God. Seek Him!

Divine.

bellatiamarie I believe it! Like I said before, the guy I was seeing previously keeps coming back (no matter how times I block him, tell him not to speak to me, etc.). Sometimes it's frustrating because I just want this cycle to be over. I just want him to leave me alone, disappear, something :nono: I have prayed countless times for God to remove him and give me the strength to move forward, and nothing changes. I'm so happy you posted this because this situation has been racking my mind for months!

Phoenix14

I haven't seen the source of my soul tie in 5 years. Yet, he still pops up in dreams etc. I know that the final hump I'll have to surpass is the FALSE Belief that he's the only one who could love me the way I am. That is directly from the devil. I know that now. Now for my subconscious to get that message lol

bellatiamarie

bellatiamarie I believe it! Like I said before, the guy I was seeing previously keeps coming back (no matter how times I block him, tell him not to speak to me, etc.). Sometimes it's frustrating because I just want this cycle to be over. I just want him to leave me alone, disappear, something :nono: I have prayed countless times for God to remove him and give me the strength to move forward, and nothing changes. I'm so happy you posted this because this situation has been racking my mind for months!

I completely understand! I've prayed as well... :yep: but I really need to seek God for clear direction in my case. Our connection even after not being together for over 5 years is still undeniable... He calls me every so often as well... reopening the wounds.I know the memories will remain, but I want to be able to give my whole heart to God and to my true husband when he comes along... I'm praying for clarity for all of us going through this.

bellatiamarie

I haven't seen the source of my soul tie in 5 years. Yet, he still pops up in dreams etc. I know that the final hump I'll have to surpass is the FALSE Belief that he's the only one who could love me the way I am. That is directly from the devil. I know that now. Now for my subconscious to get that message lol

I know this all too well... Those dreams are powerful and I truly believe that we are even more at risk of the enermy's attacks when we're sleeping.

LoveisYou

Ladies, some soul ties are rooted DEEP!! Deeper than our minds can fathom. God has been bringing some things up in the last few months that I thought I was done with over 5 years ago. Some strongholds you have to fast and pray to the Lord for Him to TRULY release you from so that you are able to move forward in PURPOSE. It's definitely time for me to do some serious soul searching and heart purging again. But I thank God for bringing this up now. I can't even begin to explain the situation to ya'll because I could literally write a whole book... and that's how I know this is a true soul tie situation. But just know... what has been revealed to me was not by happenstance or chance. God needs me to know what's truly going on and He needs me to know that it is HIM revealing it to me. But I'm grateful and I praise Him for showing me the light. I am truly breathing a sigh of relief and I urge any of you single Christian ladies that have soul ties to any man from your past to really seek God. Seek Him!

bellatiamarie, when you say seek God, did you ask Him to reveal the soul ties? Did you pray for Him to remove them?

bellatiamarie

bellatiamarie, when you say seek God, did you ask Him to reveal the soul ties? Did you pray for Him to remove them?

Initially, no... I'd been going on about my life not giving my ex a second thought for real... matter of fact, I had his number blocked on my phone because he would place random calls to me that were annoying me.

He called me from another number in February and told me that he has a 5 month old baby. Why he felt the need to tell me that? I don't know.. But it literally tore me up... The fact that I'm single, no prospects, try to do things the right way, want a husband and kids, etc... Also, the fact that I've known this man since high school and our relationship was really my first/only and longest... that news really did something to me... I was tore up for about a month after he told me that even though the two of us have been apart for over 5 years going on 6.

My reaction to what he told me let me know that my soul had never been completely detached from his... If I had been completely free from that situation and If God had set me free I would've really been free and what he told me would've never affected me like it did. But I never did seek God to set me free and God had to show me that I never sought Him to completely disconnect me from that man... Here I am almost 6 years later working through a soul tie that I thought was done and over with... now I'm really seeking God to loosen that soul tie so that I can connect to the one that's really meant for me when the time is right.