Single Christian Women's Support Thread

Natural Love

I can relate to both of you. My relationship lasted around 4 years and ended last summer. We were engaged, but I prayed to the Lord about it, to show me what to do. He answered. It's difficult because I just didn't want to start over again. But it was a blessing! God is good.

My prayer is that we all let God lead us.

Welcome to you and ToyToy!

It is such a blessing to be growing in God's spirit with one another.

I prayed over my relationship also. It's not easy but God knows what is best for us better than we do.

Stay uplifted, Sister!

Prudent1

I just went through this very thing. I am newly single for the first time in 4 years. I miss him, I am worried about him, I love what God has done for me more, I love my new SO( myself) more. I needed to be apart from him, it wasn't a healthy relationship in my opinion.

I am so newly single, that it may not count to many people. Maybe in time my feelings will change, hopefully they will stay the same though. :) However when I feel like crying about him I listen to Cry Your Last Tear- Bishop Paul Morton and it makes me feel better.
Uh- let's hope not:spinning:. Into every life some rain will fall but as a believer, you have what you say (and think). You are already ontrack for success. A big part of dealing with any situation is using scripture or songs to meditate on and get your mind focused on God.:yep: Anyway, ladies I would like to participate in this thread for both support and to answer any questions, offer prayer, etc!

Prudent1

This has been posted here before but I will post again. Not limiting our discussions to marriage but I know that is something some people desire...
Knowing God’s Plan for You Regarding Marriage
Unto You, O Lord, do I bring my desire to find a godly husband (wife). Lord, I trust in, lean on, rely on and am confident in You. Let me not be put to shame or be disappointed; let not my enemies, the spirits of rejection, hurt, inferiority, or unworthiness triumph over me (Psalm 25).
Heavenly Father, it is written, “For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you”, says the Lord, “thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome. Then you will call upon Me, and you will come and pray to Me, and I will hear and heed you. Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” says the Lord (Jeremiah 29:11-14 amp)
Heavenly Father, I am looking for Your plan, Your answer for my life. It is my desire to be married. But I must be sure in my decision that I am living as You intend and than I am accepting whatever situation You have put me into. According to Your Word, marriage will bring extra problems that I may not need to face at this time in my life.
Lord you weigh the spirits, the thoughts and the intents of the heart (Proverbs 16:2), therefore, I give them wholly to You. I ask that You cause my thoughts to become agreeable to Your will, and so shall my plans be established and succeed. Because You Lord, are my Shepherd and I have everything I need! I trust to You my life, Lord, that You will let me rest in the meadow grass and lead me beside the quiet streams. You will give me new strength and help me do what honors and glorifies You the most. Heavenly Father, help me to not be afraid, and to know that You are close beside me, guarding and guiding me all the way as I seek Your will for my life. Lord teach me to always pray and not to faint, lose heart, or give up that I may know Your will for my life. I ask You Lord to give me strength to accept Your will even if that means that it is not Your will for me to be married at this time (Luke 18:1). In Jesus Name I pray. AMEN!

loolalooh

This has been posted here before but I will post again. Not limiting our discussions to marriage but I know that is something some people desire...
Knowing God’s Plan for You Regarding Marriage
Unto You, O Lord, do I bring my desire to find a godly husband (wife). Lord, I trust in, lean on, rely on and am confident in You. Let me not be put to shame or be disappointed; let not my enemies, the spirits of rejection, hurt, inferiority, or unworthiness triumph over me (Psalm 25).
Heavenly Father, it is written, “For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you”, says the Lord, “thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome. Then you will call upon Me, and you will come and pray to Me, and I will hear and heed you. Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” says the Lord (Jeremiah 29:11-14 amp)
Heavenly Father, I am looking for Your plan, Your answer for my life. It is my desire to be married. But I must be sure in my decision that I am living as You intend and than I am accepting whatever situation You have put me into. According to Your Word, marriage will bring extra problems that I may not need to face at this time in my life.
Lord you weigh the spirits, the thoughts and the intents of the heart (Proverbs 16:2), therefore, I give them wholly to You. I ask that You cause my thoughts to become agreeable to Your will, and so shall my plans be established and succeed. Because You Lord, are my Shepherd and I have everything I need! I trust to You my life, Lord, that You will let me rest in the meadow grass and lead me beside the quiet streams. You will give me new strength and help me do what honors and glorifies You the most. Heavenly Father, help me to not be afraid, and to know that You are close beside me, guarding and guiding me all the way as I seek Your will for my life. Lord teach me to always pray and not to faint, lose heart, or give up that I may know Your will for my life. I ask You Lord to give me strength to accept Your will even if that means that it is not Your will for me to be married at this time (Luke 18:1). In Jesus Name I pray. AMEN!

Thank you for this prayer, Prudent1!!

Natural Love

Prudent1, welcome and thank you for that wonderful prayer.

All4Tris, I welcome you,too.

This has been such a blessing to me and I hope that you ladies are being blessed as well.

loolalooh

Had a difficult bout of missing-the-ex last night but held strong and prayed. Feeling better today especially after reading some passages in Proverbs and the prayer above.

Natural Love

Had a difficult bout of missing-the-ex last night but held strong and prayed. Feeling better today especially after reading some passages in Proverbs and the prayer above.

Trust me, you are not alone.

I sometimes I get lonely and then I realize that in God's eyes I am better off because of the type of relationship we had (if y'all know what I mean:blush:). It brings me comfort knowing that I can lay down at night without that guilt.

Stay blessed Sistah and I willl send up a prayer for you.

LovelyRo

I know for me, I'm in a much better place now that I am single! Two blessings came from my last relationship... one of them is my son and the other is that it brought me back to the Lord and this time, I'm serious about my walk with Christ! I now realize that God is so faithful to us... even when we don't deserve it!!!

Natural Love

Maybe this will help those who are in their loney stage....it definitely helped me.

The Struggle Of Being Alone

Genesis 32:24 "This left Jacob all alone in the camp, and a man came and wrestled with him until the dawn began to break."

Being alone seems to be a challenge more to individuals now than ever before. It can be a frightening period of your life no matter how long or short the period may be. Yet, being alone is usually where God has to get us if He is going to do with us what He did with Jacob.

Jacob had just finished sending his wives, children, and all of his possessions across the Jabbok River. He sent them ahead of him not knowing what was going to happen to him because he had made some bad choices earlier in his life with his brother Esau and didn't know if Esau was going to kill him. So there he is, family gone, money gone, and wondering what his life was going to look like. He could have been wondering if he would ever have the relationship with the love of his life again. He could have been wondering if he would ever have the opportunity to see his children grow up. And yet, it was necessary for him to be alone at that point in his life. He actually thought it was his choices that caused him to be alone. No my friend. God set him up to be alone! Listen to this phrase, "This left Jacob all alone in the camp, and a man came and wrestled with him until the dawn began to break."

It wasn't until everyone had gone, his relationships were gone, his possessions were gone and loneliness was setting in that a man showed up to wrestle with him. It's as if God was waiting for this moment. Loneliness seems to make you wrestle with every fear, insecurity, doubt, and more emotions than you could ever imagine. Yet, God already knew that. That's why he waited until he was alone. He didn't wrestle forever. He just wrestled until the breaking of day. That means that loneliness only lasts for awhile. But once the struggle was over, God had asked Jacob questions of who he really was, touched his hip which affected how he would walk the rest of his life, and healed him from his past. I know being alone is a struggle friend, but it won't last always. I know you can even be in a crowd and feel alone. The wrestle you have is God trying to see who you really are so you can be secure in him, yourself, and your future.

Sometimes we have to send away relationships because we got our identity from them and forgot who we really were before they ever showed up. Keep wrestling on the inside. Just make sure you have the mindset Jacob had. "I will not let go unless you bless me!" If you have to be lonely or wrestle with loneliness, know that a blessing is tied to it in the end! Keep wrestling friend. The next thing you know it will be a new day, a new season, and you will be a new person that will arise from the struggle!

This is no time to pout but praise! The very fact that you are wrestling with loneliness and being alone is a sign that things are dark now but daybreak is just around the corner. Wrestle just a little longer. Yes, a little longer even if you are tired. Yes friend, a little longer. You'll be glad you were alone when it's over. This is not about how cute you are, how much money you have, or how good a man you think you are compared others who have relationships. This is about your future and your relationship with God. That's personal.

Prayer: Dear Jesus, someone is feeling the pain of loneliness is too much to bear. Help them be still and know that you are God. Help them grow and learn to be at peace with their alone time so they can be ready for whatever or whomever you have when they finish this season. Even though it's challenging, remind us we can do all things through Christ who gives us strength. Help us not to be the cause of our own aloneness by refusing to be vulnerable as well. wrestle us down until our spirit is strong enough and our mind is clear enough!

In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Stay blessed!

Natural Love

I know for me, I'm in a much better place now that I am single! Two blessings came from my last relationship... one of them is my son and the other is that it brought me back to the Lord and this time, I'm serious about my walk with Christ! I now realize that God is so faithful to us... even when we don't deserve it!!!

amen to that...

loolalooh

Trust me, you are not alone.

I sometimes I get lonely and then I realize that in God's eyes I am better off because of the type of relationship we had (if y'all know what I mean:blush:). It brings me comfort knowing that I can lay down at night without that guilt.

Stay blessed Sistah and I willl send up a prayer for you.

Thank you, ladies. This thread brings a lot of comfort. Your words are very true. It gets hard as V-day approaches, but yes, you're both right ... it is far better to be closer to God now than where I was in that relationship.

loolalooh

Maybe this will help those who are in their loney stage....it definitely helped me.

The Struggle Of Being Alone

Genesis 32:24 "This left Jacob all alone in the camp, and a man came and wrestled with him until the dawn began to break."

Being alone seems to be a challenge more to individuals now than ever before. It can be a frightening period of your life no matter how long or short the period may be. Yet, being alone is usually where God has to get us if He is going to do with us what He did with Jacob.

Jacob had just finished sending his wives, children, and all of his possessions across the Jabbok River. He sent them ahead of him not knowing what was going to happen to him because he had made some bad choices earlier in his life with his brother Esau and didn't know if Esau was going to kill him. So there he is, family gone, money gone, and wondering what his life was going to look like. He could have been wondering if he would ever have the relationship with the love of his life again. He could have been wondering if he would ever have the opportunity to see his children grow up. And yet, it was necessary for him to be alone at that point in his life. He actually thought it was his choices that caused him to be alone. No my friend. God set him up to be alone! Listen to this phrase, "This left Jacob all alone in the camp, and a man came and wrestled with him until the dawn began to break."

It wasn't until everyone had gone, his relationships were gone, his possessions were gone and loneliness was setting in that a man showed up to wrestle with him. It's as if God was waiting for this moment. Loneliness seems to make you wrestle with every fear, insecurity, doubt, and more emotions than you could ever imagine. Yet, God already knew that. That's why he waited until he was alone. He didn't wrestle forever. He just wrestled until the breaking of day. That means that loneliness only lasts for awhile. But once the struggle was over, God had asked Jacob questions of who he really was, touched his hip which affected how he would walk the rest of his life, and healed him from his past. I know being alone is a struggle friend, but it won't last always. I know you can even be in a crowd and feel alone. The wrestle you have is God trying to see who you really are so you can be secure in him, yourself, and your future.

Sometimes we have to send away relationships because we got our identity from them and forgot who we really were before they ever showed up. Keep wrestling on the inside. Just make sure you have the mindset Jacob had. "I will not let go unless you bless me!" If you have to be lonely or wrestle with loneliness, know that a blessing is tied to it in the end! Keep wrestling friend. The next thing you know it will be a new day, a new season, and you will be a new person that will arise from the struggle!

This is no time to pout but praise! The very fact that you are wrestling with loneliness and being alone is a sign that things are dark now but daybreak is just around the corner. Wrestle just a little longer. Yes, a little longer even if you are tired. Yes friend, a little longer. You'll be glad you were alone when it's over. This is not about how cute you are, how much money you have, or how good a man you think you are compared others who have relationships. This is about your future and your relationship with God. That's personal.

Prayer: Dear Jesus, someone is feeling the pain of loneliness is too much to bear. Help them be still and know that you are God. Help them grow and learn to be at peace with their alone time so they can be ready for whatever or whomever you have when they finish this season. Even though it's challenging, remind us we can do all things through Christ who gives us strength. Help us not to be the cause of our own aloneness by refusing to be vulnerable as well. wrestle us down until our spirit is strong enough and our mind is clear enough!

In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Stay blessed!

And thank you so much for this! Wrestling away.

LovelyRo

Amen to that Natural Love! There was time when all I wanted was peace of mind... I just wanted to be OK with what happened. I know that my strength and my peace of mind comes from the Lord! Sometimes you have to go hard and fast along with those prayers!!! God's Grace provides more comfort than you could have ever imagined!!!

Last edited:

LongTimeComing

Uh- let's hope not:spinning:. Into every life some rain will fall but as a believer, you have what you say (and think). You are already ontrack for success. A big part of dealing with any situation is using scripture or songs to meditate on and get your mind focused on God.:yep: Anyway, ladies I would like to participate in this thread for both support and to answer any questions, offer prayer, etc!

This is so true, I hope not either! I have found some really great song to help me along my way. As well as some good scriptures.

DreamLife

Subscribing to this thread...I really need some encouragement. Family and friends seem to just say the wrong things to me all the time...asking me why I'm not married, trying to set me up with ungodly people, or just not understanding. Thanks for starting the thread.

Natural Love

Welcome ubanchic and Dreamlife.

Hopefully this thread will give you the support that you need.

I have appreciated all the ladies in this thread.

Yes, we do have to send out extra support since V-day is upon us!

ToyToy

I need some encouragement :(. And some prayers for God to strengthen me. This is so hard sometimes :(.

LongTimeComing

I just watched Juanita Bynum's No More Sheets for the first time. That message was so on time for me right now.

Everytime God gets ready to move I go get a man to do it for me... It is time to date God.

Wow...

ToyToy

I am new to this myself, and I feel your pain. This is tougher than anything I have ever done. Know you aren't alone. I will pray for you.

Sending up prayers for strength and comfort.

Hang in there....we are all here with you to support you:yep:

Hi Guys, thank you so much!!
I have just been so discouraged lately, but I've been keeping up with this thread, and am drawing strength. It's just a struggle sometimes to stay positive and not give up. Especially, when you have believed for certain things for such a long time.

Natural Love

I have just been so discouraged lately, but I've been keeping up with this thread, and am drawing strength. It's just a struggle sometimes to stay positive and not give up. Especially, when you have believed for certain things for such a long time.

Keep looking to the Lord. He will give us exactly what we need (not what we want) in his timing. We have to be steadfast and trust in him and above all submit and love him even through this time of difficulty. Keep focused and meditate on his word. He is working this out for your good and just know that when all is said and done, you will be blessed beyond belief.

May God continue to bless, comfort and keep you during this difficult time.

ToyToy

Keep looking to the Lord. He will give us exactly what we need (not what we want) in his timing. We have to be steadfast and trust in him and above all submit and love him even through this time of difficulty. Keep focused and meditate on his word. He is working this out for your good and just know that when all is said and done, you will be blessed beyond belief.

May God continue to bless, comfort and keep you during this difficult time.

Thanks wasn't enough. Sending you a :).

loolalooh

Hey ToyToy. Stay encouraged. Many of us can relate to how you feel. I know it's difficult, but remember that good things come in God's time. It will be well worth the wait.

LovelyRo

Satan is attacking FULL BLAST over here! I'm staying prayerful and I'm going to have to do a lot of reading tonight to get back on track! I'm just tired. It sucks that I still have to communicate with my ex because well we have a child together. It's just a mess! I've been able to let go of our relationship (for the sake of my son) but, he's just a monster! Please keep me in your prayers ladies!

Natural Love

Satan is attacking FULL BLAST over here! I'm staying prayerful and I'm going to have to do a lot of reading tonight to get back on track! I'm just tired. It sucks that I still have to communicate with my ex because well we have a child together. It's just a mess! I've been able to let go of our relationship (for the sake of my son) but, he's just a monster! Please keep me in your prayers ladies!

Hey All4Tris:

Satan is QUITE busy but we must put on our suit of armor and like you said stay in prayer and KNOW that the victory is ours.

I will difinitely pray for you, but also him. He may need a touch from the Lord as well.