Single Christian Women's Support Thread

FlyyBohemian

hey ladies!!!

Soooo last wk or so i've been feeling like forget this celibacy stuff....i made it a yr and thats great but dang Lord give me something I need to know that one day I will get married so i'm not waiting in vain......it was a woe is me kind of wk....so of course the Devil knowing my struggle sent so many Toms and Harrys its been crazy!! I mean I was just getting a new # every day type of mess But for some reason it made me even more sad...i was struggling with these emotions and I got dudes interested in me but not in my God smh!!! Thankfully after avoiding "meet-ups" and sticking to my decision of not giving up I cried out to God again...then I went to my friends church and they were having an hr prayer on breaking chains (its going on for the rest of the wk) I had to cry out just say God take these feelings away...i left feeling that God heard my cries. Later that night my friend who is a minister and has the gift of prophesy and knows my struggle said she didnt want to depress me but she feels i wont be married for another 3yrs!

Can I say i'm actually RELIEVED!! yes i just wanted someone to say what i've been feeling...that no my Adam is not coming tomorrow lol I think that was what was bothering me I know i'm not ready...but knowing that yes it will happen and I got time just made me feel better in working on myself and my relationship with Christ!

whew wanted to get that off my chest..have a blessed day!

Be careful with prophecy...it's only in part. Also, sometimes people speak out of emotion. What was the purpose in telling you that? How would knowing that have benefitted you? When you have a gift you should exercise wisdom when using it. Some thing that a person knows may turn themselves farther from God than toward God. Maybe it's me but I'm so tired of the way some "church folk" do black women. The bible says test every spirit to see if its from God. Sometimes what a person says can reflect worldly circumstances or their perception and not God. If that's not what you want, don't own that. I rebuke any negative frame of thinking that is going on in your mind in the name of Jesus. I speak life to your spiritual life and I speak life into your future marriage as well. Your husband will appear at a time you won't even realize. He will have a heart for God. Be encouraged. Your future marriage will be blessed. I have spoken it into existence. In Jesus name it is done.

Last edited:

Highly Favored8

Be careful with prophecy...it's only in part. Also, sometimes people speak out of emotion. What was the purpose in telling you that? How would knowing that have benefitted you? When you have a gift you should exercise wisdom when using it. Some thing that a person knows may turn themselves farther from God than toward God. Maybe it's me but I'm so tired of the way some "church folk" do black women. The bible says test every spirit to see if its from God. Sometimes what a person says can reflect worldly circumstances or their perception and not God. If that's not what you want, don't own that. I rebuke any negative frame of thinking that is going on in your mind in the name of Jesus. I speak life to your spiritual life and I speak life into your future marriage as well. Your husband will appear at a time you won't even realize. He will have a heart for God. Be encouraged. Your future marriage will be blessed. I have spoken it into existence. In Jesus name it is done.

I touch and agree with you my sister in Jesus name. For my sister. I love the last paragraph! God bless you your post blessed me as well!

Divine.

So is everyone doing? I don't have much to report other than that I'm back on the right track again. It's amazing how Satan catches you at your most vulnerable moments. I spend hours listening to God's words so I can protect myself from these attacks, especially at work.

I am still very single. No prospects at the moment. I'm not sure how this situation with the guy I previously talked to will turn out. All I know is that God is trying to get my attention and I'm listening this time.

bellatiamarie

Lately I have been thinking (too much) about several guys from my past... I hate to waste time reminiscing and thinking about "what could've been." I am single with no prospects and for some odd reason I can't get my head out of the past.

One is a guy that I was with for some years and he did me very wrong (irreconcilable)... Another is a guy I was really good friends with in college but after I moved away for grad school our friendship pretty much fizzled out.... I have been tempted to reach out to them... Smh, bad, I know.

The last is a guy that had a crush on me in high school... We were really close in HS, but I never really had feelings for him... We had some of the same interests back in HS and I used to let him read my poetry.... Things got bad between us when he tried to kiss me while on our senior trip and we pretty much stopped talking to each other... I never even gave him a second thought for real since graduation day... we hugged and said our goodbyes.... I added him on FB some years later but we never really said much to each other.

Well, here it is 10 years later and we run into each other at a poetry event in August 2012... He hugged me twice that night and promised to give me info on other local poetry events... I have been pining since that night and I don't know why!!!! Today over a year later and I cannot get this man out of my head!!!

We have had small exchanges via text and FB but nothing really significant... He has invited me to several poetry events, but I've declined them all... He is Christian and seems to be ambitious/goal oriented... He seems very serious/genuine about his walk with Christ and honestly, I don't know if I'm more infatuated by the fact that he is serious about his walk with Christ or if it's him that I'm infatuated by... Smh.

Either way, I want to stop thinking about this man!!!! Him and the other two, but more so him! My rationale for posting this is just to put it out there!!! I have been suffering in silence and it is becoming counterproductive in some ways being hung up on this one dude in particular. I honestly don't even want a relationship right now... And I definitely don't want this "crush" or whatever it is. Pray for me!!

stephluv

i'm there with you ladies bellatiamarie && Rae81 FB doesnt help esp when I see previous guys in my life all hugged up with their SO...i'm like darn i'm happy they are happy but it would be nice if I found someone too......am the only one that cant wait for the moment I can post pics with my SO lol Ppl just think i'm hiding a man but little do they know if I really had one it would be known lol

stephluv

I touch and agree with you my sister in Jesus name. For my sister. I love the last paragraph! God bless you your post blessed me as well!

@FlyyBohemian and Highly Favored8 Thank you both!! I do agree not sure how that was supposed to benefit me lol But i guess she could tell I was anxious so honestly I did get some peace....just learning to Trust the Lord more and stepping out on faith! It may have not been prophesy and more opinion:look:

Last edited:

stephluv

Been venting all day...started a thread hoping we get some feedback

Proverbs 31 duties/roles - FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS PLEASE

these are the times I wish I had more Christian women mentors in my life

Last edited:

sweetvi

This encourages me:

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged". Deuteronomy 31:8

Britt

Been venting all day...started a thread hoping we get some feedback

Proverbs 31 duties/roles - FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS PLEASE

these are the times I wish I had more Christian women mentors in my life

Same here... i feel so alone, like I have no one irl to really talk to or encourage me. I do have one friend that's a Christian and she's spoke to me and comforted me before. At this point though, I've prayed that God lead me to right group of women for fellowship/friendship, all I have so far is my online community lol. I attend a mega church so right now it's kinda hard to meet anyone there. In due time, in due time. I would love a mentor that can help answer my questions and provide guidance and wisdom.

sweetvi

Rae81

It was deep. Our light should be shining. She is right!
"Do not be afraid of your own light, for it was put in you so that others who are blinded by their own darkness could see your light"

Last edited:

Divine.

sweetvi Praise God! He knew I needed to hear this. The Holy Spirit has been working over time on these confirmations lol out of the blue I just felt something saying, "Let your light shine. You're too dim." Now I understand. Thank you!

Belle Du Jour

I made this blog because a photo of my husband and I has gone viral on the internet. I wanted to share the story behind the photo for the hundreds of thousands of people who found inspiration through this sweet moment we had.

The Story Behind the Photo

Moments before I was to walk down the aisle my soon to be mother in law came in the dressing room where my bridesmaids and I were all gushing with giggles and fluttering about finishing last minute details.

"Sweetheart, your groom has called for you!".

In a nervous tizzy I said, “What?! I’m not ready! I have to get my shoes and…” She had already taken my hand and led me to a corner, where my groom was waiting. I barely sat down; I was filled with so much anticipation! So much excitement! So many nerves!

"Is he going to like my dress? Does my hair look pretty? Can he see me?!"

Right around the corner sat my soon to be husband, I so was nervous he might see me yet secretly hoping to catch a glimpse of him. In my excited state I was the first to speak,

"Hi sweetie! We’re getting married today!"

"I know baby and I want to pray with you before we do."

There we sat around the corner hand in hand, and together we bowed our heads. People were rushing about; the wedding coordinator directing people here and there, the photographers snapping photos and the bridal party enjoying each others company. Yet in that moment, in the quietness of our hearts and minds, my husband and I were alone in the presence of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

My husband prayed that God would bless our marriage, that through thick or thin together we would never lose hope in one another. That instead of focusing on each others imperfections we would always rely on Christ’s perfection. That we would wake up every day and chose to love one another not through our own strength but by the power of Christ’s perfect love.

With our hands clenched tightly to one another together we said “Amen”, both with shaky voice and just like that I was whisked away to blot the tears off my face and put on my veil.

After my bridesmaids, mother, mother-in-law and every other girl in the room had finished zipping, curling, tucking and blushing me up I looked in the mirror. There I stood wearing my pure white wedding dress, ready to walk down the aisle to my Prince Charming.

See, he is not only my Prince Charming because of his incredibly handsome looks, or wonderful humor, or the fact that we have so much in common. He is my Prince Charming because he helped me protect the most precious gift that I owned, my purity.

Soon after we had started dating I nervously told my Prince that I was a virgin and planned to be until the night of my wedding; to which he replied he would have it no other way.

Throughout our dating relationship and engagement we constantly fought, what at times felt like a losing battle. We fought temptation with prayer, scripture and accountability. I had friends checking up on me if they knew we were together late at night and he regularly met with other Godly men to pray for strength. At times, especially as the wedding grew closer, we thought we were attempting to do the impossible.

“Why are we doing this?” I would ask in my weakness, and he would remind me, that it’s because God had told us too.

“I can’t do it, I can’t… this is too hard!” he would confess to me and I would pray for his strength.

When I walked down the aisle in my white dress, I looked straight into the eyes of the man that had laid himself down to protect and honor the wife that God had given him.

When his eyes first caught mine he looked into the face of the woman that had waited for him, the woman that would support him and love him for the rest of His life, through good times and bad.

I share all of this because in that prayer we prayed, which was captured here on camera we asked the Lord to use our wedding to bring Him all of the glory that He rightfully deserved. We had not gotten where we were by our own strength, but by His hand of protection on our relationship.

God has used this photo to inspire hundreds of thousands of people already and for that we are humbled and honored! I wanted to take it a step further and give God praise and thanks for how we arrived at that quiet corner, holding hands and ready to begin our lives together.

http://thepowerofprayer.tumblr.com/post/40525128644/powerofprayer

stephluv

^^^^^ awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

dang i really cant have no regrets that i'm not a virgin anymore but dang it would have been bittersweet to have waited for my Adam! I've been trying to make sure all my baby cousins wait until marriage tho Cant have the whole fam get caught up

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
The Bible speaks about faith quite alot. What you believe is so important that on a number of occasions Jesus stated that someone was unable to heal because he or she did not believe. Sometimes you think you believe something because you profess it all of the time, not so. From the time I was a child I've been bombarded with images of this 'impossible love'. Whether it's Romeo and Juliette, the Disney princesses or Bollywood movies, in the mainstream media love is often portrayed as something that you crave so much but someway how is elusive to you and cannot be attained. First of all it's a fallacy because it places love in someone else and second of all it's the complete opposite of what The Bible teaches. In 1 Cor 13:8 it is stated that love never fails, key word here is NEVER. Yet I've heard people utter things like: "we really loved each other but it just didn't work out" or even "we really loved each other but it just wasn't meant to be", or how about "we will continue to love each other but have decided to go our separate ways"...ummm what? All that is fed into our psyche and subconsciously we start to believe that if two people truly love each other then something will always stand in their way and they won't be able to be together. When God clearly states that yes you will have a number of things stacked against you but you will triumph over them together. I will write more about what brought this train of thought forth tomorrow. Enjoy your weekend ladies!

bellatiamarie

I did some serious soul searching and heart purging tonight. I'm single right now but I need to work on my relationship with Christ before I can even begin to think about a relationship with any man... I gotta get closer to Him.

Britt

I did some serious soul searching and heart purging tonight. I'm single right now but I need to work on my relationship with Christ before I can even begin to think about a relationship with any man... I gotta get closer to Him.

I'll hv a seat next you. I'm in the same boat. Though I'll be honest, I'm 31 and I find myself thinking - please Lord don't let this take forever :look: :lol:. But I realize I'm here fr own doing and trying to do what I thought was best. Since only He knows what's best and I'd like to avoid future heartache, why not let Him take the wheel? Why don't I start with even getting to know Him and have a relationship with Him?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Rae81

I'll hv a seat next you. I'm in the same boat. Though I'll be honest, I'm 31 and I find myself thinking - please Lord don't let this take forever :look: :lol:. But I realize I'm here fr own doing and trying to do what I thought was best. Since only He knows what's best and I'd like to avoid future heartache, why not let Him take the wheel? Why don't I start with even getting to know Him and have a relationship with Him?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Well slide over and let me sit next to yall. Im 32 and think the same thing "please dont let this take a long time" but where do I start. I know I need to read my bible more but where do i begin, thats my question

Phoenix14

Well slide over and let me sit next to yall. Im 32 and think the same thing "please dont let this take a long time" but where do I start. I know I need to read my bible more but where do i begin, thats my question

Right here with you

Divine.

Rae81 Phoenix14 To begin a relationship with God, treat the relationship like you would with a man. You spend time getting to know this person. You make time for this person. You put your best foot forward. Treat God in this manner.

Buy a notebook or a prayer journal. Jot down all your thoughts to God. Tell him all of your struggles. The purpose of this is to realize that you cannot do it all by yourself. You need the Holy Spirit to comfort you and give you strength. Once you confess that you are literally nothing without the grace and mercy of our Father the healing can begin.

Each day, spend intentional time with God. This is your quiet time. I would start with 30 minutes and increase it from there. Use this time to pray, worship, and read your bible. I find that 30 minutes is not enough time for me to spend time with God. I need at least an hour :lol: Sometimes an hour isn't enough because I just love being in the presence of God. The enemy can't harm you when you are in God's presence.

I spend my time with God in the morning because my work days are pretty hectic. I get up an hour earlier than I usually do and begin writing in my prayer journal. As I get ready for work I listen to praise and worship music. I try to read my bible in the morning, but I usually do this when I get home from work.

If you need a good place to start in the bible, I would just start from the New Testament (I started with John) and read all the way through. Then use a bible study plan to go through the Old Testament.

These all ways you can start getting to know God better. By no means is this the full scope of your relationship with God. This is only a starting point. I have been through several ups and downs with my relationship God so if anyone needs encouragement you can always PM me :yep: Hope this helps!

bellatiamarie

^^^ Divine. I agree wholeheartedly... Begin your relationship with God by getting to know Him and spending time with Him... I know the way... Smh... whoever coined that phrase "when you know better, you do better" they LIED!!! I know the right way.... But I haven't made it a point to do better.

I read recently in one of my daily devotionals: "friendship [with God] gives you favor; intimacy gives you access." This hit me like a ton of bricks.... I'm friends with God... But I'm not truly intimate with Him... Intimacy with God requires some serious work and COMMITMENT... As with any truly intimate relationship.

I'm ready to take my relationship with God to a higher level.... I'm ready to not just praise Him for what He has done or what I would like for Him to do for me... but I want to be in a place where I sincerely praise and worship the Lord God simply because of who He is and because He is ALWAYS worthy.... No matter what my situation is.

This is what I meant when I said I had to do some soul searching and heart purging last night.... There are too many past hang-ups and too many distractions that have been really prohibiting me from giving my WHOLE heart to God... For me I think I have to realize that there is no quick fix and just like with any relationship I will have to put in the work and commit to really learning about who God is.

Divine.

bellatiamarie That's how my journey started! I can attest that your relationship with will not progress until you wholeheartedly seek the Lord. My relationship didn't really take off until I had a spiritual encounter with God. This actually happened recently. I really hope my previous post helps someone because I know what it feels like to be bound by the enemy. It feels horrible. And as single women in Christ, we are easy targets.

This journey won't always be easy but remember some of these promises:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Matthew 7:8 KJV

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it. Luke 9:24 KJV

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Matthew 5:6 KJV

Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. Matthew 5:12 KJV

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28 NIV

However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" 1 Corinthians 2:9 NIV