Single Ladies...lets Discuss Isaiah 54

Flourishnikov

Somewhere Flourishing...
I was listening to a sermon by Pastor Bill Winston and he referenced the scripture in the passage below. I was moved to read it in its entirety and I feel like God speaks to not only the people of Israel, but also to single women in this chapter.

Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the LORD.

2Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes;

3For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited.

4Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more.

5For thy Makeristhine husband; the LORD of hostsishis name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

6For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God.

7For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.

8In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.

9For thisis asthe waters of Noah unto me: forasI have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.

10For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.

11O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest,andnot comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colours, and lay thy foundations with sapphires.

12And I will make thy windows of agates, and thy gates of carbuncles, and all thy borders of pleasant stones.

13And all thy childrenshall betaught of the LORD; and greatshall bethe peace of thy children.

14In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee.

15Behold, they shall surely gather together,butnot by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.

16Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

17No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tonguethatshall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. Thisisthe heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

The commentary in the link below is how I would interpret this passage, but let me know what you ladies think, too.

http://biblehub.com/commentaries/guzik/commentaries/2354.htm

Flourishnikov

Somewhere Flourishing...
@Iwanthealthyhair67
Im gathering that God wants us to rejoice and praise him despite being single (unwed w/o child) and that we need not fret, because our latter days will be greater than our former. Therefore, we need to prepare for the blessings that are to come, because God is going to bless us abundantly. There is no need for us to be shameful or sad about being single, because God is our husband and our provider from which will cometh our future (real life) husband. It may appear that He has forsaken us, but He has not and instead will show us great mercy. He will always be kind to us, because nothing can separate us from His love and peace. Our foundations shall be formed with lots of favor and an abundance of prosperity and our children covered by the Lord. Our righteousness in the Lord, will not allow any hurt, harm or danger to come near us. All of this He has promised to His faithful servants.

sweet_silvia88

Amen,

Let me add what came to me while reading the word of the Lord.

Single Lady I'm talking to you reading this.
Remember, Sorrow may last for a night... but Joy comes in the morning!

Oh how awesome in His name, He is a faithful God, A God that does what He said He will do. Dont dought Him. Trust Him. Lift up your voice to Him in your secret place of worship and Cry out with a voice of thanksgiven because He has never left your side.

He gave you breath and strength to see this day, login and check this post for a reason.

The Lord of Host will put a new song in our mouth that will Glorify Jesus.

Don't worry if others go ahead of you, rejoice with them and in due time they will surely rejoice with you.

I pray I encouraged someone,

Blessings,
Silvia

Belle Du Jour

God will always be our first husband, even if He blesses us with an earthly spouse. I tell Him all the time that although I want to be married, no man will take His place. And I will gladly tell my husband that too :giggle:

The kind of man I'm looking for is one who is looking for a woman who will put God first. That is what I'm striving to do.