Single ladies - Let's talk about sex

Zeal

OK...... Ladies

I was apprehensive about telling you all this.. I did not know if or how you would respond to this. But confession is good for the soul. It's not that bad. I just caught myself off guard.:blush:

I know that God created us with certain feelings. I was walking from the grocery store with my Morning Star Eggs, Sausage, and hash borwns. It is balmy outside a pouring rain. As I was walking in the pouring rain, to my door. I actually thought and it came out of my mouth. If I was married.... I'd be having sex righ now. :blush::blush:

I actually said that to myself. But I said it aloud and gasped. I know that is not what marriage is all about.

I just kind of shocked myself. It's just the fact of what I thought and how I thought it. I could have at least said , I would be making love. :ohwell::ohwell:

Am I the only one who something like this has happend to?

Honestly, what's wrong with you thinking that? We're wired to want and desire sex, and that's why I think that this extended singleness that many of us go through is NOT a good thing... we're forced to suppress desires that are God-given for years and years on end, if not decades. (This is assuming that folks are practicing celibacy during their single period.)

I'll get into it more later... I'm working. :D

I've never had that happen to me personally but then again I've been married to the same man since I was 18 years old (and no I wasn't pregnant). It makes perfect sense though. Marriage is basically your God given right to have sex as much as you and your partner like, which is why I love being married :grin:.

OK...... Ladies

I was apprehensive about telling you all this.. I did not know if or how you would respond to this. But confession is good for the soul. It's not that bad. I just caught myself off guard.:blush:

I know that God created us with certain feelings. I was walking from the grocery store with my Morning Star Eggs, Sausage, and hash borwns. It is balmy outside a pouring rain. As I was walking in the pouring rain, to my door. I actually thought and it came out of my mouth. If I was married.... I'd be having sex righ now. :blush::blush:

I actually said that to myself. But I said it aloud and gasped. I know that is not what marriage is all about.

I just kind of shocked myself. It's just the fact of what I thought and how I thought it. I could have at least said , I would be making love. :ohwell::ohwell:

No. Not at all.

OK...... Ladies

Sometimes it's SEX and somes its MAKING LOVE!!!!!!!

If I were marriage and when I do, I will tearing somebody up, especially that time of month. It's OK if God gives you something you can enjoy and while you waiting it is OK to wonder as long as we keep control of our thoughts in Jesus Name.

OK...... Ladies

I know that God created us with certain feelings. I was walking from the grocery store with my Morning Star Eggs, Sausage, and hash borwns. It is balmy outside a pouring rain. As I was walking in the pouring rain, to my door. I actually thought and it came out of my mouth.

If I was married.... I'd be having sex righ now. :blush::blush:

Your thoughts were in perfect order...

If I was married....
If I was married....
If I was married....
If I was married.... I'd be having sex right now.

Now, let's make a more positive affirmation out of these thoughts to this...

When I am married....I will be making love with my husband right now... :love3:

There's always a way to turn our thoughts and situations around, giving all of the glory to God our Father. Amen :giveheart:

Sometimes it's SEX and somes its MAKING LOVE!!!!!!!

If I were marriage and when I do, I will tearing somebody up, especially that time of month. It's OK if God gives you something you can enjoy and while you waiting it is OK to wonder as long as we keep control of our thoughts in Jesus Name.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::blush::blush::blush:

Thanks Ladies for all of your input. Star - Please Hammer don't hurt 'em.

Love you Shimmie.

http://thegiftofsingleness.blogspot.com/2006_11_01_archive.html

Also... http://www.amazon.com/Getting-Serious-About-Married-Rethinking/dp/1581347413

Debbie Maken comments on Romantic Love and apparent Monks in training!
Captain Sensible writes: I am delighted to say that I have received a comment from the author Debbie Maken in response to the post entitled "Wisdom and foolishness in the strangest places".
Rather than only post it in the comments section, I have taken the decision to also post it here - so vitally important is the message contained within it.

"It is amazing that a pop star would be able to spot something as sublime as the consuming need for romantic love, and yet Christians would feel the need to squelch same, as if it were an idol, something to subdue, master, destroy so that it cannot get in the way of our otherwise mediocre, half-hearted, mildly devoted relationships with God. None of us are that single-minded about God-- whether married or single. The simple reason for this is because God did not create us to be that way. We were not born to be monks, and we kid ourselves and contradict our very nature, the more that we think we are. We are not monks in any aspect of our lives from personal consumption to spending habits to being endlessly entertained, and yet when it comes to our sexuality, we think our selective monkishness and continued passivity to downright neglect of marriage will bring about more spirituality or devotion. There is a good word for cafeteria monkishness-- hypocrite.

"God is the creator of our sexuality and He meant for it to be good and for it to be acted on in the most appropriate way-- through marriage. For us to now place such a desire in competition with the creator of it is truly foolish.

"Sometimes when I hear about these bachelors writing on sites like Purposefully Single and all of these other singleness pundits extolling the virtues of this mystifying gift (the "gift of singleness"), I often feel like we are the children of Israel, where the promises and blessings of the Covenant are going to be skipped over us but be given to others who have followed His blueprint more closely-- i.e. to be fruitful and multiply. The broken hearts of many single women and men is only the beginning; we should fear the fallout a generation from now if this misteaching about the gift of singleness actually seeps any further into the body of Christ.

"Many thanks to those who publish this blog and for all your support of my book."

Debbie Maken

http://thegiftofsingleness.blogspot.com/2006_11_01_archive.html

Also... http://www.amazon.com/Getting-Serious-About-Married-Rethinking/dp/1581347413

Debbie Maken comments on Romantic Love and apparent Monks in training!
Captain Sensible writes: I am delighted to say that I have received a comment from the author Debbie Maken in response to the post entitled "Wisdom and foolishness in the strangest places".
Rather than only post it in the comments section, I have taken the decision to also post it here - so vitally important is the message contained within it.

"It is amazing that a pop star would be able to spot something as sublime as the consuming need for romantic love, and yet Christians would feel the need to squelch same, as if it were an idol, something to subdue, master, destroy so that it cannot get in the way of our otherwise mediocre, half-hearted, mildly devoted relationships with God. None of us are that single-minded about God-- whether married or single. The simple reason for this is because God did not create us to be that way. We were not born to be monks, and we kid ourselves and contradict our very nature, the more that we think we are. We are not monks in any aspect of our lives from personal consumption to spending habits to being endlessly entertained, and yet when it comes to our sexuality, we think our selective monkishness and continued passivity to downright neglect of marriage will bring about more spirituality or devotion. There is a good word for cafeteria monkishness-- hypocrite.

"God is the creator of our sexuality and He meant for it to be good and for it to be acted on in the most appropriate way-- through marriage. For us to now place such a desire in competition with the creator of it is truly foolish.

"Sometimes when I hear about these bachelors writing on sites like Purposefully Single and all of these other singleness pundits extolling the virtues of this mystifying gift (the "gift of singleness"), I often feel like we are the children of Israel, where the promises and blessings of the Covenant are going to be skipped over us but be given to others who have followed His blueprint more closely-- i.e. to be fruitful and multiply. The broken hearts of many single women and men is only the beginning; we should fear the fallout a generation from now if this misteaching about the gift of singleness actually seeps any further into the body of Christ.

"Many thanks to those who publish this blog and for all your support of my book."

Debbie Maken
Bunny thank you for sharing this. We do not have to 'settle' for less than what we were created to desire. We do not have to settle for singleness... we don't.

God bless you, Bunny. :giveheart:

These are natural desires that God puts in all of us. It's not wrong to have a thought about sex cross your mind. It happens to us all. The Bible even talks about sex, and in detail. It's only wrong to lust after people and wanting to have sex before marriage. But you said if your were MARRIED you'd be doing that, which is probably true!

Bunny thank you for sharing this. We do not have to 'settle' for less than what we were created to desire. We do not have to settle for singleness... we don't.

God bless you, Bunny. :giveheart:

And God bless you too, Shimmie! :giveheart:

I have just felt so free and happy and lighthearted after reading these recent materials and am stronger than ever now about my faith in getting married...

It was like, I needed to feel that it was okay to want marriage... I felt that I was somehow being ungrateful by being discontent with singleness... not saying that my life is miserable, because it's not AT ALL, but God designed me and the majority of the Earth's population to want a mate! And it's okay to strive for marriage, motherhood and being a good wife! :)

(And to have a GREAT outlet to satisfy God-given physical needs! :D)

I'm just saying that it's okay to want to be married so that you can have sex! Nothing more...

Ohh... absolutely! I personally never thought otherwise.... I cannot imagine that the Lord would make a person born with feelings that could not be (or allowed to be) fulfilled....

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::blush::blush::blush:

Thanks Ladies for all of your input. Star - Please Hammer don't hurt 'em.

Love you Shimmie.

Too funny!! I will keep the hammer in mind. I cannot wait until God blesses me with my mate looking forward to enjoying our time together.

Back