Sistaslick - Chinese Bun

pet

Yeah girls!! This bun is great!

I actually did a remix on it too...

Instead of putting my hair into one ponytail, and splitting the pony in half, Sometimes I just part a circle in the middle of my head, make a ponytail in the middle, divide the ponytail into four, twist it around the stick, and take the rest of my hair that is out divide it into however many I want to, and twist away! It ends up looking like a big bun with a lot of twisties packed close together...next time I do it, I will take pictures.

I did this hairstyle for a senior piano recital (just graduated college), and people were floored when I told them I did it myself. It really did look like it was professionally done!

My motto is...always do a remix on the original...

Tee

pet said:

Instead of putting my hair into one ponytail, and splitting the pony in half, Sometimes I just part a circle in the middle of my head, make a ponytail in the middle, divide the ponytail into four, twist it around the stick, and take the rest of my hair that is out divide it into however many I want to, and twist away! It ends up looking like a big bun with a lot of twisties packed close together...next time I do it, I will take pictures.

I did this hairstyle for a senior piano recital (just graduated college), and people were floored when I told them I did it myself. It really did look like it was professionally done!

You take any pictures yet.

gorgeoushair

pet said:

Girl, where are your pics?:) Looking forward to seeing them:)

sunnieb

Bumping...

This is very old, but even my style-challenged self was able to do this on the first try so I thought others would like it. You have to follow Sistaslick's instructions because the links no longer work.

I'll be wearing this to work tomorrow! :yep:

sunnieb

^^^ I will! I'll post the pic in this thread! I'm hoping others will do the same and offer their spin on it like some of the previous posters. :yep:

sunnieb

Bun results:

Well, it started out ok (remember I'm a styling rookie):

IMG00475.jpg

IMG00477.jpg

Then, while at my desk, my hairstick fell out! :blush: I couldn't put the bun back, so I ended up doing this:

IMG00484.jpg

I hated this look, so I just took it down and wore it straight. :sad: I'll keep trying 'til I get it! :yep:

taz007

WOW, Sunnieb! That bun came out really beautiful!!
I am going to try this. I hope that my hair is long enough...