SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

MsKikiStar

:hiya: Hey ladies! I haven't been on here in a while due to a lack of a work/life balance. But anywho...
My hair has gotten longer than I expected. So I just might be shoulder length already or full-shoulder by end of the year. I'll be back with pics after I find a light colored tee shirt.

BonBon

So much hair came out of my head yesterday on wash day:nono:

I left my cornrows in for longer than intended because of unexpected events but I had about 4 balls of hair by the end :perplexed Probably normal but I don't like it. :lol:

Tried Keracare humecto overnight but the jury is out. I think I prefer the ORS replenishing pak.

Wenbev

did a blow out to use the split ender, made two passes to make sure all the ssks and split ends were cut off. thinking to try a bantu knot out tonight.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Flatironed last week. Then washed the the other day and wore a flat twist out. Kinda missed the straight. Boo. Think it's time to change the look. So I'll keep it stretched for a while with curlformers until I'm bored. :yep:

Babygrowth

Flatironed last week. Then washed the the other day and wore a flat twist out. Kinda missed the straight. Boo. Think it's time to change the look. So I'll keep it stretched for a while with curlformers until I'm bored. :yep:

Which ones do you use? I was thinking of buying them but idk.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
hey @Babygrowth! I use the short and narrow. I also dont use a bunch. I tried before using like 40 on my fine low density hair, but my hair strightens easily. Relaxer straight is not the business for me (looks too thin).

I flat twist at the roots and put the 'formers on the end so it's not super straight at the roots and keeps volume.

The best stretch seems to happen when using a setting lotion. I've used Mizani, Lottabody and Mixed Chicks. Just using a butter or oil doesnt get good straightening results and it reverts too dang fast.

Just try them! They're really versatile as you can see. Just requires some experimentation and knowing what you want--ex, body vs spiral curls, etc

Last edited:

Babygrowth

hey @Babygrowth! I use the short and narrow. I also dont use a bunch. I tried before using like 40 on my fine low density hair, but my hair strightens easily. Relaxer straight is not the business for me (looks too thin).

I flat twist at the roots and put the 'formers on the end so it's not super straight at the roots and keeps volume.

The best stretch seems to happen when using a setting lotion. I've used Mizani, Lottabody and Mixed Chicks. Just using a butter or oil doesnt get good straightening results and it reverts too dang fast.

Just try them! They're really versatile as you can see. Just requires some experimentation and knowing what you want--ex, body vs spiral curls, etc

Cool! Thanks for visual. I'm going to have to try these. Didn't know they had short and narrow.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I jut took advantage of the Obia sale and ordered 1 thing (I know I can't believe it myself lol) I got the twist whip butter.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Wenbev

tried the flat twist and bantu knot epic fail. Hair was too loose, looked beach waves at 5am was flat by 7am. boo.

tequilad28

I'm 11 weeks post and I'm going to get a Touch up next week. So I added a protein treatment with nexxus emergencee to my wash day today and my new growth was super soft detangling was a breeze. I'm really liking the avocado pudding by VS

faithVA

I'm going to move over to the 2014 thread. I don't feel like updating two threads :ohwell: I will post my end of year pic in both spots though and come back and congratulate any ladies that reach SL.

naija24

Do you keep your hair moisturised in the braids.

Crown n Glory methods website has a good braid regimen. I haven't worn braids for years but once I started to saturate my braids with braid spray every 2-3 days I maintained my hair really nicely.

I do believe my hair was a little thinner in spots because of the strain when people braid too tightly though -_-

Sumra, sorry for not responding. I don't frequent here like I used to. I do use braid spray when I'm in braids but my scalp still itches something fierce. I think it has something to do with synthetic hair.

I was considering a weave but I feel like I would personally hate the maintenance. I would only consider it if I could get a weave (full SL) and just not even THINK about my hair for 4-5 months. So that the next time I do see my hair, i'm skimming APL (4 inches away).

MsKikiStar

So I'm back with pics. I made it to shoulder length :). In these photos my hair was flatironed from the previous week. Also hit my 1-year post BC on 10/28. Please disregard the shiny-ness of my face :look: it was midnight lol.

Attachments

• image-3583736473.jpg
    image-3583736473.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 36
  • image-1459050978.jpg
    image-1459050978.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 34
  • image-39602975.jpg
    image-39602975.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 31
  • image-1480312198.jpg
    image-1480312198.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 41

faithVA

So I'm back with pics. I made it to shoulder length :). In these photos my hair was flatironed from the previous week. Also hit my 1-year post BC on 10/28. Please disregard the shiny-ness of my face :look: it was midnight lol.

:congrats:

Yay, we are seeing the beginning of our December graduates. Let the pictures flow.

londonfog

My cornrows are getting loose under my crochets. I gots another week & a half to go to make 6 weeks in crochets. I'll go purchase my relaxer & phony pony next week (maybe a new flat iron too). I'll pony it for a few weeks after I relax & then put some crochets back in. So far I've gone 2 rounds of crochets 6 weeks at a time.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.

Woot! Woot! Congrats girl! :)

HPG

Babygrowth

Hey ladies. Idk what to do. I am 6 months post relaxer and I just now found out I may not relax for another 9 months or so. Help me?! I need to figure out what to do. Should I weave it up, wig it out and crochet it down? Lol... last time I went through this I chopped it off and I can't do that this time... Suggestions please...

xu93texas

Hey ladies. Idk what to do. I am 6 months post relaxer and I just now found out I may not relax for another 9 months or so. Help me?! I need to figure out what to do. Should I weave it up, wig it out and crochet it down? Lol... last time I went through this I chopped it off and I can't do that this time... Suggestions please...

Umm...why 9 months? :)

I would wig it up. I've had my weave in for 2 weeks and I miss my hair and scalp and the ease of wigs. However, I paid too much money for the hair, color, weave service, and cut/style. This bad boy is staying in for at least 8-9 weeks to get my monies worth. I just told my hubby I could've purchased a lot of wigs for the same amount.

Babygrowth

Umm...why 9 months? :)

I would wig it up. I've had my weave in for 2 weeks and I miss my hair and scalp and the ease of wigs. However, I paid too much money for the hair, color, weave service, and cut/style. This bad boy is staying in for at least 8-9 weeks to get my monies worth. I just told my hubby I could've purchased a lot of wigs for the same amount.

Well, I am preggers with baby #2 :grin:! I do like wigs but I can't do lace wigs because I somehow end up losing my edges even when I baby them. :perplexed:

xu93texas

Well, I am preggers with baby #2 :grin:! I do like wigs but I can't do lace wigs because I somehow end up losing my edges even when I baby them. :perplexed:

Congratulations!!

I don't do lace wigs. My signature wig is a pixie wig. Now that I'm rocking all this hair, I'm looking at longer length wigs.

Your avi pic is cute. Are u still wearing that hairstyle?

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.

Awww congrats! What a blessing :)...
I'd say wig it so you have access to your hair when you want to.

HPG

Babygrowth

Congratulations!!

I don't do lace wigs. My signature wig is a pixie wig. Now that I'm rocking all this hair, I'm looking at longer length wigs.

Your avi pic is cute. Are u still wearing that hairstyle?

Thank you! I love those braids but they were getting super heavy and my edges were starting to have a fit so I had to take them out :(

Awww congrats! What a blessing :)...
I'd say wig it so you have access to your hair when you want to.

HPG

Thank you! Theres nothing like being able to take that wig off at night and let your scalp breathe! Plus I like to wash/cowash my hair frequently!

Babygrowth

Here are my ending pics. I have trimmed since then but I'm not taking any more pics until March. Sorry they are upside down.

ForumRunner_20131211_162433.jpg

ForumRunner_20131211_162448.jpg

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Congrats Babygrowth! The prenatals will give you a nice growth spurt...and good for the baby too :lol: Nice growth and ending pic!

ANd you too HairPleezeGrow! Shoot, you about to be APL!

I have a holiday party Saturday night. Thinking I might *gasp* blow dry and flat iron for that and use that for ending pics :yep:

SingBrina

I'm in braids right now. I did hit shoulder length and not sure if I posted a pic. I'll post another later anyway. I'm doing monistat and jbco oil mix in my hair daily. Hoping I can get an inch a month and reach apl in June instead of December. Only going to straighten my hair 5-6 times next year I'm hoping