SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Trixie58

Hey just doing a quik update, prolly my last of the year. This pic is after my relaxer last wk (dec 3). This will be my starting point as i go into nxt yr. I'm like an inch or two away from shoulder length, ill prolly get there in a few months then maybe join the APL 2014 challenge. Maybe nxt yr will be a better hair year after my breakage in march that took the rest of the year and tons of cutting to resolve. My stylist said i have normal layers now and no more damage, so hopefully i can start anew.
Using chlorella and msm, prenatals, viviscal, biotin and flaxseed. Also using no heat other than my hot oil treatments and trying to drink water and baggy nightly. hopefully i can grow and retain with that. Lets see everyone elses picks and hair lessons for the year! I know i had a few :)

Attachments

• image-1846248950.jpg
    image-1846248950.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 44
  • image-852727330.jpg
    image-852727330.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

londonfog

I took my crochets out yesterday & did my relaxer. I don't know if I missed washing & conditioning my own hair or having my crochets more. Any hoo I still don't think I've hit SL. I flat ironed & had some growth but not mind blowing. My edges have made a remarkable recovery though. They aren't as thick as I want but I'm not embarrassed to hide the sides anymore & I'm positive they'll continue to grow. My hair has made a complete recovery over my year journey & I can put a ponytail!! It was only 4 inches long but I didn't have to struggle to get it in the scrunchy. I even played around with my homemade stocking bun & it was nice!! Ending pics attached. I'm rocking a phony pony for a couple months to give my hair a break from the braiding then right back to my crochets! In the mean time I got a bathroom cabinet fulla conditioner calling my name! Sorry the attachments are crazy! Don't know how to fix that.

ForumRunner_20131213_162240.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131213_162145.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131213_162145.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 31
  • ForumRunner_20131213_162206.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131213_162206.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 28
  • ForumRunner_20131213_162258.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131213_162258.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 24
  • ForumRunner_20131213_162315.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131213_162315.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 27

Babygrowth

DarkJoy

I hope so. I just have to remember not to get hair lazy. My last pregnancy I bc'ed and it was horrible for me no extra growth and lots of headaches. This time I may relax I may not but with my product stash I'm sure it will be much better than before.

Thanks londonfog! Next year we will be APL maybe even close to BSL!

Trixie58

Somewhat unrelated but I am off chlorella. This is the second time ive tried it and wound up with an unbearably itchy scalp after a week, and this time compounded by shedding thats still going on despite a round of garlic shampoo and aphogee 2 step. Maybe it doesnt like my chemistry? Hopefully my body and hair will be bak to normal soon now that I'm off it.

faithVA

I'm probably not posting end of year pics. I didn't have much growth or retention this year. I'm just going to pretend like 2013 didn't happen :look:

HanaKuroi

Trixie58 said:
Hey just doing a quik update, prolly my last of the year. This pic is after my relaxer last wk (dec 3). This will be my starting point as i go into nxt yr. I'm like an inch or two away from shoulder length, ill prolly get there in a few months then maybe join the APL 2014 challenge. Maybe nxt yr will be a better hair year after my breakage in march that took the rest of the year and tons of cutting to resolve. My stylist said i have normal layers now and no more damage, so hopefully i can start anew.
Using chlorella and msm, prenatals, viviscal, biotin and flaxseed. Also using no heat other than my hot oil treatments and trying to drink water and baggy nightly. hopefully i can grow and retain with that. Lets see everyone elses picks and hair lessons for the year! I know i had a few :)

Your hair looks very healthy. It looks so nice and even. Your hair will grow very quickly. Stay doing what you are doing.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I'm probably not posting end of year pics. I didn't have much growth or retention this year. I'm just going to pretend like 2013 didn't happen :look:
Awww faithVA! I know the feeling... was just debating that very thing. Think I'll post a starting picin the 2014 SL challenge that can technically serve as an ending pic as well since I wont be moving on to APL :ohwell:

My low retention was my own fault. Well the scissors fault:look:. They. just. would. NOT. leave. my. hand. :nono:

Getting that split ender when I get paid. That way, I wont cut an inch, when really all I needed was 1/8th. My last cut was almost 3" in the back. It evened things a bit with the crown, but I'm still feeling it:perplexed.

faithVA

[USER=343979 said:
DarkJoy[/USER];19435105]Awww faithVA! I know the feeling... was just debating that very thing. Think I'll post a starting picin the 2014 SL challenge that can technically serve as an ending pic as well since I wont be moving on to APL :ohwell:

My low retention was my own fault. Well the scissors fault:look:. They. just. would. NOT. leave. my. hand. :nono:

Getting that split ender when I get paid. That way, I wont cut an inch, when really all I needed was 1/8th. My last cut was almost 3" in the back. It evened things a bit with the crown, but I'm still feeling it:perplexed.

I will do the same. I have in puffy twists right now but will take a pic when I take them out. I don't know exactly what my problem was in 2013. :ohwell: It's in the past. Plan to do better in 2014.

ronie

Will post end of year pic the first week of January. I may flat iron for New Year's Eve. My hair seemed to have recovered from its breakage spell since yesterday' treatment ( Claudie normalizing DC). So I will see how it feels next week. If all goes well I will flat iron. If not I will just do a pull test. Great pictures ladies. Congratulations to all the SL ladies, and to all of us who made progress in general. 2014 will be even better.

SingBrina

Here is my current length on 11/05/13... It's grown a lot since that picture because I've been doing the monistat and GHE...that stuff is amazing. But it looks shoulder length?

PhotoGrid_1388256406005.jpg

Last edited:

faithVA

[USER=248302 said:
SingBrina[/USER];19438905]Here is my current length on 11/05/13... It's grown a lot since that picture because I've been doing the monistat and GHE...that stuff is amazing. But it looks shoulder length?

View attachment 239331

Congratulations. I would definitely say that you are shoulder length.

ChannieBoo3

So I'm still in between sew-ins and don't have a specific end of the year pic but this is close enough lol

image-3370976126.jpg

Although I can't quite say that it's shoulder length , I can say that it's thicker ! I didn't bother to straighten it since I went into a sew-in but congratulations to those who reached their goal !