SL 2015

faithVA

I dont have any space to put a hooded dryer which is pretty annoying :(. Have you ever tried the portable ones that are used with a hairdryer. I was considering one but read a few bad reviews so I didn't bother.

I know there are some ladies on LHCF that use them and they said they work fine. They tend to be inexpensive so it's worth a try.

I have a Gold N Hot dryer which works fine. It doesn't take up much space. You can store it in a drawer.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I got alot of compliments on my hair today. This is an old curlformers set that I had two strand twisted in the front and bunned the back for 2 days and today I. Decided to take it down and separate the heck out of the curls.

Eta: I didn't realize me face was a showing! !:eek: I thought I uploaded the covered one.

Attachments

• rps20151118_133524.jpg
    rps20151118_133524.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 20151118_161253.jpg
    20151118_161253.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

londonfog

While in Target like 3 weeks ago, I came across some Camille Rose Naturals Coconut Water Style Setter that was marked down from $15.99 to $11.18. There were no other Camille Rose products at all! This was the last & only container. I still wasn't trying to pay that $11.18 though. So I'm back again in the same Target last week & came across the same container. I guess I must've felt differently about that $11.18 because I went on ahead & grabbed it. I'm glad that I did! When I took my twists down, they were super moisturized, soft & shiny. My lil twisty puff feels so soft!! The product is semi creamy & semi buttery feeling all at the same time. This is definitely what I need to retain length for the cold Illinois weather! I would like to be able to find it elsewhere since that Target didn't have anymore.

I signed up for CurlBox last month & got my first shipment yesterday. It included Cantu Shea Butter products:
1. Wave Whip Curling Mousse
2. Moisturizing Curl Activator Cream
3. Dry Deny Moisture Seal Gel Oil
4. Extra Hold Edge Stay Gel.
5. Coconut Curling Cream

All of the products were full size with the exception of the Coconut Curling Cream (which was a packet) & none of them are found in my city (or surrounding) except for the curl activator & curling cream. I already have both of these anyway & I like them. The total value of the products are about $40 (not including the packet) but through CurlBox it was $25 ($20 products + $5 for S&H). I really liked the products from previous months so I figured it was worth $25 a month so that I could continue to find products that I like for my hair while staying in a reasonable budget for "Product junkying!" :lachen:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Managed to give myself a slight protein overload but I aint trippin. She'll be back after a DC or two. What I get fir 2 hard protein treatments in a row (added neutral fill to my reconstructor).

Also my forgetful behind forgot to take vitamins all last month. So being a slow grower seeing barely 1/4 inch. If that. :ohwell: cant sleep on those multis anymore

InBloom

In my new-growth
Managed to give myself a slight protein overload but I aint trippin. She'll be back after a DC or two. What I get fir 2 hard protein treatments in a row (added neutral fill to my reconstructor).

Also my forgetful behind forgot to take vitamins all last month. So being a slow grower seeing barely 1/4 inch. If that. :ohwell: cant sleep on those multis anymore

Protein overloads suck, don't they? I too, have been slack on my vitamins. I get sick of choking down pills sometimes. Since I'm a slow-grower also, you'd think I'd be more consistent. Gonna hit my reset button.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Haven't taken my vitamins in 2 weeks :spinning:
Haven't inverted this month for the required timeframe (need to stick with solid 4 minute sessions for 7 days each month).
Today is wash day but I'll probably do it tomorrow

Overall feeling bored with this cornrow life.. and its affecting my desire to stay on my regimen. 1st world problems..

I promise to get back on it this weekend.

I will take down this set of cornrows next Saturday and my new set will be on 11/30.
Forgot about how boring cornrows/wigs are.. but the payoff is sooo worth it. :afro:

Guinan

Re-Branding
I went to CVS today b/c I had a 5.00 coupon and I purchased a turbie towel for my hair. I cant wait to use it. I also bought Aveeno for my face. Aveeno products have always done wonders for my skin.

I still haven't wash my hair yet. I have my VERY loose old curl former set that I have been doing two pigtail flat twists at night and then the next day I unravel to a loose semi-frizzy waves. I'm loving the volume of it. I'm having fun wearing my hair done. I access the damage next week. But for now I'm having a much needed protective stylin break.

GGsKin

The only pills I've been consistent with are my garlic pills. I had to slack off/ reduce my intake of MSM- I feel like it was causing skin to break out recently. So now, I only take one a day (sometimes two).

Ooh, I did buy another bottle of Mineral Rich at the beginning of the month and I've been remembering to sip that.

And yay! My hair is no longer green lol. I removed my wig and most of the colour had attached itself to my silk scarf. Still haven't washed my hair, but I moisturised it with my shower head, oiled my scalp with my mix, and carefully put my wig back on.

If I'm not careful, I will never redo these canerows. I had to plait my hair smaller than I would usually. This, and terrible family circumstances at the minute has made me a little hair lazy.

ETA: forgot I also inverted for 5mins. I need to keep that up.

Last edited:

ForestRose

Looks normal cuz its all proofed and coily. Bet if you stretched it out straight it wouldn't look so alarming.
It looks normal to me. After 2 weeks, I have a slightly smaller poof ball.
It looks totally normal. I have that every wash day:confused: (every 1-2wks)

Ty so much. I guess seeing all the big clumps come out was just a little bit of a shock. It's easy to forget that we shed 100 a day.

I also just realised that this is the first time in my HHJ that I have done extensions and haven't redone most of them.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.

In the end, it took only 2 cowashes and two 2 min rinse out condish (left on while showering) using AIA Coconut cowash and V05 for the rinse. She feels fabulously moisturized and is really shiny.

Plan to continue my weekly reconstructive treatments this weekend.

Wenbev

Is this a normal amount of shedding after 3 weeks of braids? It seems like a lot to me :(
It looks totally normal. I have that every wash day:confused: (every 1-2wks)
It looks normal to me. After 2 weeks, I have a slightly smaller poof ball.
Looks normal cuz its all proofed and coily. Bet if you stretched it out straight it wouldn't look so alarming.
+4 I agree, totally normal. You haven't been able to remove shed hairs on a regular basis. I'd also pull it apart and look to see if there are short hairs, if so that may be breakage. If the pieces are long, which they look like they are, its normal shed. :)

faithVA

Due to many things my growth rate had really slowed to a crawl in 2014 and the first part of 2015. I may have been getting 1/4" per month. I started taking probiotics in April and I think it really helped my system out. I started to see more growth in July. I colored my hair October 20th for a wedding. I noticed by the 15th of this month, my color had already grown out. Today, 1 month later my hair looks like it usually does after 2 months of applying color.

On the one hand I'm happy my hair is growing faster but I'm also sad because I have no idea how I'm going to keep the gray away. I'm not ready for it to just be gray :nono:

Hopefully, with this growth increase I can get to my goals faster.

Guinan

Re-Branding
My flexi rods and clay are scheduled to be delievered tomorrow, so I will def wait until tomorrow to wash my hair. I think I'll wear my hair in a flexi rod set for thanksgiving.

How are you ladies planning on wearing your hair on thanksgiving?

BTW... Which is easier to install curlformers or flexi rods?

faithVA

My flexi rods and clay are scheduled to be delievered tomorrow, so I will def wait until tomorrow to wash my hair. I think I'll wear my hair in a flexi rod set for thanksgiving.

I'm not doing anything special for Thanksgiving so I will just have my hair in two strand twist.

I fine curlformer to be easier to install than for I rods but my hair is fairly short. I got curlformer right on my first try. I have had to practice with the flexi rods.

I think my hair dries faster with the curlformer but that's because I haven't mastered having the hair run down the length of the flexi rod.

ForestRose

+4 I agree, totally normal. You haven't been able to remove shed hairs on a regular basis. I'd also pull it apart and look to see if there are short hairs, if so that may be breakage. If the pieces are long, which they look like they are, its normal shed. :)
Thank you. Its mainly long hairs with the white "root" bit attatched which makes me feel a bit more cmfortable.

BonBon

I've decided to use the hot comb for my yearly straightening attempt at Christmas. I've never used one before so wish me luck lol.

FH has a temperature sensing gun that should allow me to control the heat. I need to test my flat irons also to see if they are actually the temp setting they say because they are so different.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
wondering why these products running out so fast and I'm thinking it's because my hair is thickening up a bit? Its crazy... makes me wonder how much it's costing the WL sisters to keep their hair clean and moisturized! Especially the highly porous ones since it's like you gotta apply product twice because the first coat just gets drunk up. Lawd. I sure do plan to maintain at APL---or go broke from having to warehouse products. lol

londonfog

I'll be flat ironing for Thanksgiving. I'll have to get up early in the morning to get her done. I'm excited to see where I'm at. I did a month comparison of my puff & it's bigger!!

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
@Sumra I purchased a full lace Italian yaki glueless unit from classiclace wigs (with a silk top).

The company gets mixed reviews from "non gurus", but I've never had a problem with them.

I 100% believe that these wig companies send the best of the best to the youtube reviewers, but I make sure I communicate with them on my expectations before giving them my coins as a repeat customer.