SL 2015

Wenbev

did my BF hair shopping. Gotta love living on the west coast. 10pm and I'm done. No worrying about crashing sites. Shopped at SSI and bought my HG condish and some new products. :)
Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Last edited:

Cattypus1

All loced up...
The SL 2016 thread is open and ready for business. We aren't ready to transition but definitely pop over to hold your spot.

And for all the graduates, Congratulations. I will see you in the APL 2016 challenge.

https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/sl-2016.775515/
I think my hair is SL, even a little bit past there. Do I need to wait until all of my hair touches my shoulders to claim it? I want to really up my retention game and shoot for BSL in 2016 but realistically if I account for trims and a minimal amount of breakage from ordinary wear and tear, I should be able to get to full APL by August. When does the 2016 APL thread start?

faithVA

I think my hair is SL, even a little bit past there. Do I need to wait until all of my hair touches my shoulders to claim it? I want to really up my retention game and shoot for BSL in 2016 but realistically if I account for trims and a minimal amount of breakage from ordinary wear and tear, I should be able to get to full APL by August. When does the 2016 APL thread start?

Congratulations. You can claim SL whenever you think it is SL. It doesn't have to be all sections at SL to claim it.

Someone else is hosting the APL thread. Not sure when it will be created.

Chazz

The SL 2016 thread is open and ready for business. We aren't ready to transition but definitely pop over to hold your spot.

And for all the graduates, Congratulations. I will see you in the APL 2016 challenge.

https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/sl-2016.775515/[/QUOT

https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/sl-2016.775515/
I'm in

Guinan

Re-Branding
I still havent decided what challenge to join just yet. I just cut my hair into layers, but I think I made a HUGE mistake. I'm havent panicked yet. I wont painick until I go to the hair salon in Feb and the stylist says my hair is severly uneven. I was trying to give my hair some style, but I think I ended up cutting too much. When I measured; my bangs were at 6in.

Last edited:

ForestRose

So update is that I need I trim. I've realised that I need to stick to trimming every 3/4 months. That seems to be the time period that my hair started to get splits and break. So cutting 1/2 an inch of every 3 months seems to be good because then I will have at least 4 inches of growth. I probably will only cut of 1/4 of an inch though because I plan on getting my touch up and trim around Jan time.

Other than that I just bought some weave from aliexpress. I want to achieve a shorter Bob like style that's a bit longer than my own hair so I can be consistent with throughout the year. I was going to create clip ins but this hair is silkier than I wanted (the more expensive kinky straight weaves aren't within my budget atm) so I know I won't be wearing it in a high bun or pony. No direct heat for me:yep:
So I'm planning on making a u part wig. My previous attempt at this was tragic to say the least so I hope this time round will be better.

faithVA

I've been wearing a twist and curl since Saturday. I don't think I've worn my hair out this much since February. I'm going to wear it out through Wednesday. Wednesday night I will do either a curlformer set or a combo flat twist/perm rod set for Thursday. I will wash it over the weekend, put in twist and dust my ends.

I should probably take pictures this weekend in case I don't take anymore. I can use these for my starting pics.

My nape is SL but not full SL. I want the section right below my crown to be full SL before I claim it. That will probably be late next year.

IMG_20151129_123339688_HDR~2.jpg

Last edited:

faithVA

Instead of retwisting to preserve my twist and curl I'm trying some very small perm rods instead. I was surprised I had enough to do my entire head. If it doesn't work out tomorrow I will just wear a puff and try something else tomorrow night.

I used kknt so it may not have enough hold. Will keep my fingers crossed.

faithVA

Eek! Well if no one volunteers in a week, I can start 2016 APL Challenge and if someone wants to take over, then by all means they can.
Eek! Well if no one volunteers in a week, I can start 2016 APL Challenge and if someone wants to take over, then by all means they can.

If you don't want to host then just wait it out. We still have a few more weeks. If no one volunteers by Christmas week then lets talk about it then

Guinan

Re-Branding
My mini cut has grown on me. The bangs are still alittle too short to my liking but other than that, I'm getting used to it. The cut def looks better in a wng and not a twistout.

I'm trying out this new reggie until feb. The reggie is:

Monday: Full MHM (but no DC overnight)
Wednesday: Water rinse
Friday: Water rinse
Inverting once a month using WGHO

jennifer30

why is it soooooooooooo hard for my hair to grow?? i'm so frustrated. i'm starting to believe that i have a terminal length...or something.

Last edited:

faithVA

why is it soooooooooooo hard for my hair to grow?? i'm so frustrated. i'm starting to believe that i have a terminal length...or something.
You don't have terminal length. I think your impatience is working against you. You need to put your hair away for 2 to 3 months at a time and focus on something else.

Did you take your protective styles out? How are you wearing your hair now?

jennifer30

You don't have terminal length. I think your impatience is working against you. You need to put your hair away for 2 to 3 months at a time and focus on something else.

Did you take your protective styles out? How are you wearing your hair now?
you think so? ..yeah i took them out..my hair was itching so much with the twists.. i have my hair braided now under a wig...i feel like its terminal..i dont know..hmmm :(

faithVA

you think so? ..yeah i took them out..my hair was itching so much with the twists.. i have my hair braided now under a wig...i feel like its terminal..i dont know..hmmm :(

Wash your hair at least once a week. DC once a week. Do protein once a month. Keep the same protective styles for 9 days without switching to something else. Dust your ends for a fresh start if you haven't and after that at least every 8 to 12 weeks. I really think you will see retention.

jennifer30

Wash your hair at least once a week. DC once a week. Do protein once a month. Keep the same protective styles for 9 days without switching to something else. Dust your ends for a fresh start if you haven't and after that at least every 8 to 12 weeks. I really think you will see retention.
ok..i wish i was patient like you guys..its really frustrating...

faithVA

ok..i wish i was patient like you guys..its really frustrating...
Girl, ain't nobody patient. :lol: We hate it just as much as you do. We just know that the more we fight it the worse it gets so we force ourselves to stick to a regimen. And we hang out in here because its nice to have support while we are waiting and it helps to talk through the frustration. But most of us understand what you are going through.

jennifer30

Girl, ain't nobody patient. :lol: We hate it just as much as you do. We just know that the more we fight it the worse it gets so we force ourselves to stick to a regimen. And we hang out in here because its nice to have support while we are waiting and it helps to talk through the frustration. But most of us understand what you are going through.
lol okay when is the next length check