SL 2015

Whimsy

::sigh::
I know I just joined this daggone challenge but.... I wanna cut.
My relaxed ends are so annoying.

The only thing stopping me from cutting is that I recently moved to a new place and don't have a stylist here that I trust.

I've been wearing my hair pulled back in a lil ponynubbin every day just because I don't want to see the difference in textures.

If I cut I won't be able to pull it back anymore...but I'd prefer that than seeing these janky limp ends. :(

OK
just wanted to vent. ::woooosssaaaaaahhh::

Kells

I'd like to join!

What length are you now?
Stretched Neck Length.

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning?
Natural

What's your plan to reach SL?
K.I.S.S.

What's your regimen?
~CG Method
~Cowash and deep condition once a week.
~Oil and massage scalp 3 times a week.
~Flat twist protective style with headwrap for the time being.
Style will change with milestones.

Post your starting pic:

Attachments

• beginning pic 1.jpg
    beginning pic 1.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 40

lovely_locks

Progress pictures ignore my messy ponytail! Lol! I slept on it. But LOOK ponytail! :)

Attachments

• image-3917656285.jpg
    image-3917656285.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 41
  • image-1928660694.jpg
    image-1928660694.jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 47
  • image-2717854174.jpg
    image-2717854174.jpg
    439.4 KB · Views: 43
  • image-4101273366.jpg
    image-4101273366.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 46
  • image-1982255282.jpg
    image-1982255282.jpg
    389.8 KB · Views: 55

faithVA

[USER=17906 said:
Whimsy[/USER];20936185]::sigh::
I know I just joined this daggone challenge but.... I wanna cut.
My relaxed ends are so annoying.

The only thing stopping me from cutting is that I recently moved to a new place and don't have a stylist here that I trust.

I've been wearing my hair pulled back in a lil ponynubbin every day just because I don't want to see the difference in textures.

If I cut I won't be able to pull it back anymore...but I'd prefer that than seeing these janky limp ends. :(

OK
just wanted to vent. ::woooosssaaaaaahhh::

Hope you didn't cut. Just do a little trimming at a time to get rid of those ends.

faithVA

I saw some growth in the last quarter but my hair is just hitting NL and too short for quick styling options :tantrum:

I think I may buy some hair and put my hair into flat twist extensions for 10 days at a time to give myself a break.

Pennefeather

Every night after I LOC, I twist my hair up, and clip it with a bobbi pin before tying my scarf. I find that it helps my ends stay straight, and I can see damage as it happens.

I'm trimming at the end if this challenge so that I can even up my ends.

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
What length are you now? NL/SL

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? Natural

What's your plan to reach SL? Protective Styling

What's your regimen? Braids, braids, braids

Anything else you want to share? Nope

Attachments

• IMG_20141011_190907824.jpg
    IMG_20141011_190907824.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 75

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Random picture of my air-dried hair. I still need a trim though. I know y'all are tired of me saying that but bare with me a little while longer lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20141228_181025.jpg
    IMG_20141228_181025.jpg
    449.1 KB · Views: 66

faithVA

I bought some beshe kinky twist hair to out my hair up for a while. I washed it tonight so it will be all ready to go when I wash my hair over the weekend. I think I'm going to keep it twisted up 10 days at a time until my back grows out a little more. I would love you to do two months but for now I will just shoot for doing it through January. I will reevaluate then.

BonBon

Wow just bought the green magic hair growth cream. Wasn't expecting it to be such a lovely consistency and smell so great lol. I love it and when I check by my edges feel really moisturised. The castor oil seemed to be drying out fast so i will alternate them and see.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Guess who finally got her ends trimmed? *points to self* This curl right here! I apologize in advance for the sideways pictures, Idk how to turn them the right way.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20141231_182646.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141231_182646.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 55
  • ForumRunner_20141231_182657.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141231_182657.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 64

Wenbev

12/31 photo. Didn't feel like straightening so I just pulled.

Attachments

• dec 2014.jpg
    dec 2014.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 55

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Welcome yaya24. Why did you big chop?

faithVA

I texlaxed in 2013 after being natural for 4.5 yrs.
I loved it, but decided natural was best for me.
So I BC#2 January 2014 and was still using my indigo powders henna etc and dedided I wanted to use color instead... so October Big Chop#3.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I added my starting pic to my original post.

Last edited:

faithVA

I put in flat twist with the ends on perm rods on Friday. I took them out Saturday and wore it out until today. But my hair was drying out so put it back up in twist. I will wash again tomorrow to rehydrate my hair.

Love2Live

I said I didn't want braids but it's just so much easier. I can keep it moisturized easier and low manipulation. I plan to keep them in for all of January, take them out the first week of February, and then braided again before my trip to Africa the second week in feb.

P. S. The back is in single braids.

Attachments

• image-1099308911.jpg
    image-1099308911.jpg
    434.6 KB · Views: 63

faithVA

Was able to flat twist my hair in 30 minutes. So I will be doing mhm every 3 days to see if it improves my moisture.

Unless I do a roller set I'm going to just wear the same flat twist style all month to make things easier.

Wenbev

I've been on a no comb/brush routine since mid Oct and my hair is thriving. I am so surprised! I have barely any breakage or split ends. Since Oct I have also pared down my routine and I'm using less product. :grin:

faithVA

Did another mhm wash with as I am cleansing pudding, Jessicurl deep conditioner and mud puddle mud wash. I did loc with naturelle grow leave in, hazelnut oil and MHC type 4 hair cream.

My hairs twisted back up in the same flat twist style.

Will wash again on Sunday.

KaramelKutie803

Did a pull length check tonight. These will be my official starting pics. Using my tattoos as markers for my length checks. So the back is about full neck length and pulled to the front collar bone length still. Sorry if this collage comes out huge

Attachments

• image-2901278134.jpg
    image-2901278134.jpg
    409.2 KB · Views: 49

faithVA

Did a pull length check tonight. These will be my official starting pics. Using my tattoos as markers for my length checks. So the back is about full neck length and pulled to the front collar bone length still. Sorry if this collage comes out huge

Cool. You will definitely be SL soon :yep:

faithVA

This month I am washing every 3 days and my scalp is loving it. I am trying to remember to oil my scalp with my oil blend.

I am seeing some progress. I am finally able to flat twist all twist towards my crown and to band them together and tuck the ends under and its still early January. So I am hopeful of my progress by the end of march :yep: