SL 2015

londonfog

Do you have a pic? I consider my avi pic full NL/grazing SL.
I haven't taken a pic since October. I wanted to hold out until Christmas for another LC so that I can get a little more length in. I'm so excited! Like the other ladies, I've been in this SL camp for 2 years & I love y'all & all but I gots to make some moves over to the APL thread!:afro: If I DC tomorrow, I'll post a pic of where I'm at.

ForestRose

My edges are just :( not doing good

I've never had perfect edges but this year they have been pretty bad. I know the causes (the main one would probably be genetics) but it doesn't make losing them any easier. Luckily they aren't as bad as they were earlier on this year and there aren't any bald spots so that's positive. But what worries me is that the natural curly bits also break.

I think when I relax this month I'm going to leave an inch of the front out and see how that goes.

faithVA

My edges are just :( not doing good

I've never had perfect edges but this year they have been pretty bad. I know the causes (the main one would probably be genetics) but it doesn't make losing them any easier. Luckily they aren't as bad as they were earlier on this year and there aren't any bald spots so that's positive. But what worries me is that the natural curly bits also break.

I think when I relax this month I'm going to leave an inch of the front out and see how that goes.

:bighug: Hopefully you will make better progress next year. I find my edges just tend to stay dry. I have to water my head more often to help them stay moisturized.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
My dust became a 1/2 inch trim. Ssk are murder on my ends. They cause a lot of splits too. What I noticed from the cut pieces was if there was a knot on the strand it was either one or the ither of these:
  • hair was broken completely off from the knot, so the knit WAS the end of the strand
  • split from the the knot to the end
Fine 4c is a real beast. Aparently even my PS tuck n rolls isnt helping. If relaxer didnt didnt feel like napalm on my eczema scalp I would totally be here for it.

Might go back to rollersetting or heat styling.

Besides that im still SL, dammit! Claiming it! :lol: and whats coming out of my head is the healthiest its ever been. Like ever. Love the way it looks til that last inch... have to figure that out.

faithVA

My dust became a 1/2 inch trim. Ssk are murder on my ends. They cause a lot of splits too. What I noticed from the cut pieces was if there was a knot on the strand it was either one or the ither of these:
  • hair was broken completely off from the knot, so the knit WAS the end of the strand
Fine 4c is a real beast. Aparently even my PS tuck n rolls isnt helping. If relaxer didnt didnt feel like napalm on my eczema scalp I would totally be here for it.

Besides that im still SL, dammit! Claiming it! :lol: and whats coming out of my head is the healthiest its ever been. Like ever. Love the way it looks til that last inch... have to figure that out.
1/2 inch isn't too bad. When was the last time you dusted? Maybe you were just due.

My ends are the same way if its feels like a knot its really just a split end.

When are you posting your end of year pictures?

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
1/2 inch isn't too bad. When was the last time you dusted? Maybe you were just due.

My ends are the same way if its feels like a knot its really just a split end.

When are you posting your end of year pictures?
:wave:

Hey faith! Its been 2 maybe 3 months. I haven't kept up with the seek and destroy regimen of every 2-3 weeks which is optimal.

I was wondering that very thing on the final LC and whether I should straighten or just pull. Hm. Definitely by Christmas tho.

ForestRose

So happy that you are seeing progress. Fine 4C hair can definitely be a beast but one that can give lots of rewards when cared for correctly.

faithVA

Water rinsed tonight, used a little curl cream and put in my flat twist. I can tell I took off a little bit but it didn't mess up styling my flat twist. I am so looking forward to another 2 inches.

ForestRose

Just texturized my hair myself. Was an interesting event lol. A lot happier with my results now than when I went to the stylist to get it done.

I know I still won't be able to care for my hair properly though so I'm still sticking to the plan of continuously PSing next year till I have more time.

Will also be taking pictures soon. Not sure if I'm SL or not.

jennifer30

The same thing you always hear. They stuck to their regimen and kept their hair moisturized. They did protective styles and avoided heat. The other way people retain well is to do WNG's. There are very few people who achieve length and don't do one or the other.
growing up i never took care of my hair so i dont know what length my hair is capable of growing to, but i looked at one of my photos when i was young it was sl..i also notice my hair grows fast when i leave it alone..

faithVA

Ok I need at least 7 ladies to commit to an APL 2016 thread before I create it. There is already an APL/BSL 2016/for those interested.

As soon as I get 7, I will create the thread. If we don't get enough it won't be worth it because the thread will just be too quiet.