Sl 2016 Challenge

LdyKamz

So I was reading some old threads about the komaza analysis. It seems like on every results is the same stuff and I noticed its more about protein. She tells them to use more of it. Etc. I will try the test but her points seem inaccurate. It's always the same thing.
I disagree. If some of the results seem similar the reason may be because most of us come into our hair journeys focused on moisture moisture moisture and don't realize we have to incorporate protein into our regimens as well. If you have specific issues with your hair she can definitely help.

I've had 2 with her. The first one she did tell me to use more protein but at the time I never used protein at all. Not ever and I was relaxed. Recipe for disaster. This time around she mentioned it only as a basic part of the regimen but also said I could use products for heat treated/relaxed hair since I use heat so often.

When I did my first one she was doing automatic phone consults and calling everyone with results which was great because she went into more detail about what to do. I think now a phone consult costs extra. You can always do the cheaper one that @faithVA suggested.

jennifer30

I disagree. If some of the results seem similar the reason may be because most of us come into our hair journeys focused on moisture moisture moisture and don't realize we have to incorporate protein into our regimens as well. If you have specific issues with your hair she can definitely help.

I've had 2 with her. The first one she did tell me to use more protein but at the time I never used protein at all. Not ever and I was relaxed. Recipe for disaster. This time around she mentioned it only as a basic part of the regimen but also said I could use products for heat treated/relaxed hair since I use heat so often.

When I did my first one she was doing automatic phone consults and calling everyone with results which was great because she went into more detail about what to do. I think now a phone consult costs extra. You can always do the cheaper one that @faithVA suggested.
Yeah that's the one I'm doing hehe

faithVA

Here are the twist out pics I was trying to lost yesterday. It's holding strong for say 2 hair but after I cut the grass this afternoon it's going to be busted. Fortunately I'm not going anywhere today.

IMG_20160423_140431306_HDR.jpg IMG_20160423_140819969.jpg IMG_20160423_140833710_HDR.jpg

Excuse the stuff on my ear. I did an Epsom salt, baking soda scrub and left some evidence :lol:

faithVA

I wash my hair weekly. My hair grows better if I wet my scalp frequently. 3 to 4 days is optimal but with 2 strand I do it every week.

When I first started I washed my hair every few weeks to a month. However, since I've been wetting my scalp every 3 to 4 days, my hair has been doing so much better. My scalp no longer has issues like it did before and my hair isn't thinning anymore.

jennifer30

I wash my hair weekly. My hair grows better if I wet my scalp frequently. 3 to 4 days is optimal but with 2 strand I do it every week.

When I first started I washed my hair every few weeks to a month. However, since I've been wetting my scalp every 3 to 4 days, my hair has been doing so much better. My scalp no longer has issues like it did before and my hair isn't thinning anymore.
Oh. Ok..I like your hair like that..it looks good..

faithVA

Oh. Ok..I like your hair like that..it looks good..
Thank you. That's good to know. Sometimes I don't know what my head looks like :lol:

And everyone at work is too PC to tell me.

I finished washing. I'm getting ready to install twist in a few. Have to find a good movie to watch to past the time.

jennifer30

Finished installing my twist. I haven't nailed my regimen but I am making progress. Switching from flat twist to two strand twist seems to be a positive step. My ends seem to be doing better.

Now, I just need to ride it out until September.
i hear ya. My birthday is in October ..so I should have some progress by than..

faithVA

Tonight did an Olaplex treatment followed by a Aphogee 2 step protein treatment. I have TVO Carmeltini in now and will keep that in overnight. In the morning I will do a mud wash and then color. And maybe get around to twisting it back up.

I did a length check for my 2" in 4 months challenge. I think my hair is just thickening up.

IMG_20160429_224907.jpg
This is upper back portion of my hair

IMG_20160429_224816.jpg

This is my nape.

Excuse the sticky neck. That's that dang Apoghee 2 step. I hate that stuff. It's just a sticky mess. Lol.

Last edited:

jennifer30

Tonight did an Olaplex treatment followed by a Aphogee 2 step protein treatment. I have TVO Carmeltini in now and will keep that in overnight. In the morning I will do a mud wash and then color. And maybe get around to twisting it back up.

I did a length check for my 2" in 4 months challenge. I think my hair is just thickening up.

View attachment 359371
This is upper back portion of my hair

View attachment 359373

This is my nape.

Excuse the sticky neck. That's that dang Apoghee 2 step. I hate that stuff. It's just a sticky mess. Lol.
You will be apl soon. I should be sl by October...

faithVA

You will be apl soon. I should be sl by October...
Just the nape will be APL. Unfortunately it is the most fragile section of my hair. It tends to split easily.

From the pictures you can see the section above it is just reaching SL. I hope it can reach full SL by the end of the year.

LdyKamz

My twist and curl came out pretty cute. I only did a few twists and put perm rods on the the end of them. I had to spritz my hair with some water to make it a little bigger and this surprisingly didn't disrupt the pattern. I like it. Maybe I'll do this style more often.

LdyKamz

Im seeing some growth :D although I haven't straightened for a longgg time. Im just focusing on my twistout length - its mostly just passed my ears now. Having it rest on my shoulders is my ultimate goal.:blush2:
Does your twist out hang down. My twists don't stay down at all. And of course when I unravel them they stand straight up and go every which way. Maybe I need to pay closer attention to how I do them.