Sl 2016 Challenge

jennifer30

It's too early to tell. I see waves in the center so it looks like you just don't have enough hair to make a complete curl. Your curls are larger. Looks like you might be a type 3. Definitely not a 4.
I can see baby curls on the sides..that's all..when I brush it..I don't know it's just like straight pieces..I'm gonna let it grow more..the only way to be sure is to let it grow...

faithVA

I can see baby curls on the sides..that's all..when I brush it..I don't know it's just like straight pieces..I'm gonna let it grow more..the only way to be sure is to let it grow...

Yeah just let it grow. If you want to see your true hair you can't manipulate it. Whatever it is after you wash it is your true texture.

You may want to start letting go of the habit of brushing it and just start letting your. curls form. The wrong brush can leave you with splits and damaged ends.

jennifer30

Yeah just let it grow. If you want to see your true hair you can't manipulate it. Whatever it is after you wash it is your true texture.

You may want to start letting go of the habit of brushing it and just start letting your. curls form. The wrong brush can leave you with splits and damaged ends.
Yea ok thanks faith...thank you

faithVA

My stylist gave me an Olaplex treatment in hopes of strengthening my hair and putting a stop to this breakage I've been experiencing.

Let us know if it works. I hope it does.

I have used Olaplex. I'm not sure if it worked or not. I still have some breakage and splits but my hair is colored treated, graying, low porosity and 4b and recovering from a split nightmare. It's definitely better than it was. :yep:

faithVA

Another day of not wanting to do my hair. I've been putting it off since Friday. I'm just coloring it and putting it up but I don't even want to do that. Lol. I'm going to start soon. Otherwise it will be 7pm and my hair still won't be done.

I need to start doing my hair during the week so I have my weekends free.

LdyKamz

Another day of not wanting to do my hair. I've been putting it off since Friday. I'm just coloring it and putting it up but I don't even want to do that. Lol. I'm going to start soon. Otherwise it will be 7pm and my hair still won't be done.

I need to start doing my hair during the week so I have my weekends free.
You are so right. Sundays and Wednesdays have finally become a habit again. It was touch and go for a while where I would skip it mid week. But I can usually get my hair to last until Sunday evening after my cowash on Wednesday. And my hair is liking the consistency.

jennifer30

Well when I moisturize my hair all these curls pop out and it's soft and moist...but after 5 minutes...it gets really dry and hard.. the water and grease isn't working anymore either..what am I doing wrong?

LdyKamz

Well when I moisturize my hair all these curls pop out and it's soft and moist...but after 5 minutes...it gets really dry and hard.. the water and grease isn't working anymore either..what am I doing wrong?
You're probably not doing anything wrong. Might just be time to experiment with a few products. What are you moisturizing with? I assume you are sealing with the grease.

LdyKamz

Ah yes. Water than grease.
Is your hair soaking wet when you add the grease? Lots of people can use water as a moisturizer and get along just fine. Sadly, I am not one of them so I have always heavily relied on products. Lately though I've been using a homemade leave in of water, glycerin and aloe vera juice. Light and very moisturizing. Do you think maybe you need to start adding something else instead of water?

jennifer30

Is your hair soaking wet when you add the grease? Lots of people can use water as a moisturizer and get along just fine. Sadly, I am not one of them so I have always heavily relied on products. Lately though I've been using a homemade leave in of water, glycerin and aloe vera juice. Light and very moisturizing. Do you think maybe you need to start adding something else instead of water?
Where do u get ur aloe vera juice?

faithVA

The inbetween stage is killing. Wash and go's are fading my color too fast, but I don't feel like doing anything else to it.

:bighug: I can relate. Looking forward to getting past SL. I've stopped doing my midweek rinses because my color was fading and becoming dull.