Sl 2016 Challenge

BonBon

Oh dear. I couldn't tell anyone the last time I fully washed my hair (shampoo, deep condition etc) for the life of me lol. :oops:

I've started detangling it to prepare at least recently. Bought a heat cap and my first Shea Moisture mask so hopefully will get around to it.

I need to cut off my straggly ends, but I cant bring myself to do it lol.

faithVA

I decided to stick with flat twist until the end of August and the next length check. I'm going to keep it simple. I might try 2 strand twist again in September.

I can almost get my hair in a bun when my hair is stretched. This will give me more options in the fall when I want to wear a roller set.

LdyKamz

Why u say that?
I just feel like I've cut so much that any chance I had is out the window. It looks about the same length to me. I also want to transition out of the heat damage I have and that will keep me stuck at one length for a while too. I don't know. We'll see I guess. I'm not putting heat again on my hair until the next length check in August.

Evolving78

I just feel like I've cut so much that any chance I had is out the window. It looks about the same length to me. I also want to transition out of the heat damage I have and that will keep me stuck at one length for a while too. I don't know. We'll see I guess. I'm not putting heat again on my hair until the next length check in August.
I'm waiting for August or the end for my heat length check too. I think you will be full neck length by the end of the year.

BonBon

I really shouldnt be this happy LOL but my hair dryer comb attachment arrived and it fits my dryer. :clap:

So many people in the comments were saying it didn't fit theirs so I was just going on hope. Hoping it makes a difference to blow drying and straightening.

LdyKamz

My hair is feeling dry. Think I'll clarify and do an acv rinse this weekend.

I want to add that it's feeling dry and my products are working but not like they normally do. Hence the clarifying and Acv.

Last edited:

faithVA

I really shouldnt be this happy LOL but my hair dryer comb attachment arrived and it fits my dryer. :clap:

So many people in the comments were saying it didn't fit theirs so I was just going on hope. Hoping it makes a difference to blow drying and straightening.
The joy of little things.

I know my comb attachment makes blow drying faster. I tried the tension method and it took 3x as long.

faithVA

This week I've been trying spritzing my hair and putting on a scarf right after. I don't know if my hair is more moisturized but it really has helped cut down on the frizz. I'm going to try it when I do 2 strand twist. I will try to wash in twist and then wear a scarf and see if my twist hold up better.

LdyKamz

Thank you. No it's so hot here I don't know if I could handle it. I just wanted to check it out to know if its something I can wear in the future.
It definitely is!!! The twist out is covering your ears now! It looks so nice. I like the zig zagged part too. I never know what to do with the top of my hair or how it should lay.

faithVA

It definitely is!!! The twist out is covering your ears now! It looks so nice. I like the zig zagged part too. I never know what to do with the top of my hair or how it should lay.
Yes getting the front right is challenging. This just happened to be the way I wore my flat twist this week. It just worked out. If it looked crazy I would have pinned it.

faithVA

I don't think my hair likes gel very much. That's unfortunate because I have a lot of it. :ohwell:

I guess I will continue to play around with it and layer some products underneath it to see if that works better.

LdyKamz

Prepooing with the last of njoy oil and a little bit of tresemme conditioner. I massaged my scalp and then added the conditioner. After this sits for a while I'll rinse then clarify. Then give my hair a dose of protein with Joico. Thinking of roller setting with magnetics for my style.

LdyKamz

Prepooing with the last of njoy oil and a little bit of tresemme conditioner. I massaged my scalp and then added the conditioner. After this sits for a while I'll rinse then clarify. Then give my hair a dose of protein with Joico. Thinking of roller setting with magnetics for my style.
Yes yes my hair really needed to be clarified. I rinsed the prepoo stuff out of my hair and then spritz my hair with my apple cider vinegar mix. (Just acv and water). I rinsed then used Vo5 vanilla mint tea clarifying shampoo. I always buy the cheapie clarifying shampoos from Vo5 or Suave -maybe one day I will look into something more expensive. Shampooed twice and then poured the rest of the acv rinse over my head. I so needed this because my joico went on my hair so easily. Just melted right into my hair. So it's true. Clean hair accepts products better.

lindseyerinc

Hey everyone!!! I haven't updated in this thread in a hot minute. But I come bearing gifts, in the form of pictures. I was worried that I wouldn't make sl this year. But I started being diligent with my bamboo tea and started taking Andrew Lessman HSN vitamins. I should hopefully be full shoulder by Dec 31

I blow dried last night had the intention of flat ironing but got too tired. Here half my hair is in a French braid and the other half is free
image.jpeg

Last edited:

faithVA

Hey everyone!!! I haven't updated in this thread in a hot minute. But I come bearing gifts, in the form of pictures. I was worried that I wouldn't make sl this year. But I started being diligent with my bamboo tea and started taking Andrew Lessman HSN vitamins. I should hopefully be full shoulder by Dec 31

I blow dried last night had the intention of flat ironing but got too tired. Here half my hair is in a French braid and the other half is free
View attachment 366859
Great job. If you straighten you just might be there. You will definitely be there by the end of the year.

faithVA

I bought the TGIN conditioner and twist creme from Target. I took out each flat twist and retwisted with the twist creme.

I plan to color my hair tomorrow so I figured i would try wearing it out tomorrow. This will be a good test of the twist cream and I will try the conditioner tomorrow.

I tested the pH of the Trader Joe's Nourish Spa and it was an 8. No wonder my scalp felt like it was on fire. I will have to add some AVJ to it to use it. I won't repurchase again.

faithVA

The TGIN twist cream worked well for the first experiment. I will still have to try it on wet hair.

I'm going to hit Sally's and pick up he rest of the line so I can use my coupon . I will take the conditioner back to Target and get the shampoo because it doesn't look like Sally's sells the shampoo.

IMG_20160712_075610788.jpg

ITS.CHRISSI

Hi Ladies!

I have been stalking the tread for a while and I am happy you guys are making so much progress. I couldn't join the challenge this year because after my second big chop I did a tapered twa cut (this was a few months ago). I wont be sl until next year. I will be rooting for you guys from the sidelines!!!!

faithVA

Hi Ladies!

I have been stalking the tread for a while and I am happy you guys are making so much progress. I couldn't join the challenge this year because after my second big chop I did a tapered twa cut (this was a few months ago). I wont be sl until next year. I will be rooting for you guys from the sidelines!!!!
Hey @ITS.CHRISSI :wave:

Quite a few of us won't be SL until next year. Even if you don't want to join feel free to post in here. We would love to follow your progress and watch you on the grow.

Evolving78

Hey @ITS.CHRISSI :wave:

Quite a few of us won't be SL until next year. Even if you don't want to join feel free to post in here. We would love to follow your progress and watch you on the grow.
I'm growing out a tapered fade. It's been 7 months now. I probably will barely hit SL, or will make it next year. So please post and hang out with us!