Sl 2016 Challenge

faithVA

Ye i think i'll go with my instincts and skip,i'm just now figuring what my hair likes and cones ain't them...

Was eyeing it because it is coconut free(dry hard hair) and Shea free (too heavy)....

The search for an HG mask/DC continues...

Suprisingly one two of the product ts in this line do contain coconut oil very high on the list. My hair hates coconut oil. It usually is dry and wiry. Somehow the blend of this is different.

If they ever make samples sizes it would be worth picking one up.

Evolving78

Straightening and trimming as I go this evening. I blow dried it earlier. So far I'm not having to trim too much. Just the usual 1/8-1/4 trim. I spent some coins today at Sally's. I should have gotten the design I got silk elements products and and the shampoo didn't give me the moisture I needed. It was stripping. essentials shampoo and conditioner. I really need a good detangler.
I think trimming my hair and stopping the wash n gos will help once I let my hair revert. I have to be more diligent with protective styling, or at least wearing a stretched style. Can't allow my hair to coil up.

Evolving78

I've had decent growth since the last time I've straightened, the the wash n gos caused me to trim more than I would have liked too. This trim wasn't drastic, but I have been snipping away, or have dusted a few times since then.
I hope I can continue overall nice progress for Sept. Still not sure how I wanna wear my hair for a wedding coming up. Hell I just might rock a head wrap!
But I will be SL this winter coming. I've just been so lazy and style challenged lately. Ok mini blog over...

Evolving78

Okay so it's almost 3am and curling my hair was fun, but my hair turned on me. I should have just curled it and not comb it out. Now I look like a thunder cat... Just hot and muggy in the bathroom. I may put some flexi rods in now, or wait until later today.

faithVA

Okay so it's almost 3am and curling my hair was fun, but my hair turned on me. I should have just curled it and not comb it out. Now I look like a thunder cat... Just hot and muggy in the bathroom. I may put some flexi rods in now, or wait until later today.
We would like some pictures girlfriend.

Evolving78

My hair got sweaty in the front.. Trying my best not to plug in the flat iron. I may just embrace the frizz and puffiness, rock a headband, until I want to two strand twist.

faithVA

You have made a lot of progress too! We are walking out of this thread hand and hand the end of this year! I bet when you straighten it, it's gonna be APL! Lol
I wish it was APL. Maybe the nape if she behaves. I found out the last time I straightened that my hair is probably only an inch longer when it's straight versus when it's wet.

The way I'm going I will have talked make out of straightening by the end of the year. :Lol: 5 more months. A lot can happen.

Evolving78

I wish it was APL. Maybe the nape if she behaves. I found out the last time I straightened that my hair is probably only an inch longer when it's straight versus when it's wet.

The way I'm going I will have talked make out of straightening by the end of the year. :Lol: 5 more months. A lot can happen.
Oh I won't let that happen! I will be giving you gentle reminders when Nov comes! Lol

Evolving78

@shortdub78 your hair looks great! So thick, full and getting good growth. I'll be straightening in 3 weeks and trimming.
Thanks girl! Well it looks a hot mess now! I curled using low heat, and didn't use anything to combat the humidity! I got a headband on today. I'm going to wash, DC, and figure out my life tomorrow! When I straighten again, I'm definitely going to use some smoothing type product.

LdyKamz

Ok, I am finally ready to take my bumcheeks out of this thread. While the front of my hair is still struggling on slowly, I've made decent progress.

Here's my length check from March 30th (l, please excuse the dodgy quality) - July 30th (r).View attachment 368793
This is only 5 months of growth? That's such great progress. Looks like you're retaining everything.

Evolving78

Ok, so I moisturized my hair and now I have a fro! Lol I trimmed some more of my bangs. They are probably short as heck now, but whatever at this point. I'm just glad to be rid of the damage. I probably cut off 1/2 inch total. I will gain it back, it's not an issue for me. As soon as I cut that stuff off, my ends curled up right away and the frizz was gone in the front. Like it was able to accept moisture better.

LdyKamz

Ok, so I moisturized my hair and now I have a fro! Lol I trimmed some more of my bangs. They are probably short as heck now, but whatever at this point. I'm just glad to be rid of the damage. I probably cut off 1/2 inch total. I will gain it back, it's not an issue for me. As soon as I cut that stuff off, my ends curled up right away and the frizz was gone in the front. Like it was able to accept moisture better.
Did you have heat damage? I have completely given up on moisturizing my hair when it's straight. I haven't figured out how to do that and still keep it light. It stays straight but not where I can still wear it out.