Sl 2016 Challenge

GGsKin

My hair this evening. Some patches of roots are still wet but my hair feels soft and the strands/ clumps feel strong.

Added my pull pic for starter reference as I am unable to update my initial post.

Attachments

• 2016-01-06_18.58.27.jpg
    2016-01-06_18.58.27.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 2016-01-02_12.56.16.jpg
    2016-01-02_12.56.16.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 44

faithVA

My hair this evening. Some patches of roots are still wet but my hair feels soft and the strands/ clumps feel strong.

Added my pull pic for starter reference as I am unable to update my initial post.
Has your hair always hung down?

GGsKin

Has your hair always hung down?

I think it's always been vertically challenged lol. It poofs out but naturally wants to fall down rather than stand proud. Now that I am always shingling, and detangling in a downward motion, it's trained even more so.

faithVA

I think it's always been vertically challenged lol. It poofs out but naturally wants to fall down rather than stand proud. Now that I am always shingling, and detangling in a downward motion, it's trained even more so.

My hair refuses to be trained :lol: I am wondering if it gets longer if it will hang down but I'm not so sure it will. Even though I finger detangle it in the same direction each time, it still just forms a round fro. We shall see.

GGsKin

My hair refuses to be trained :lol: I am wondering if it gets longer if it will hang down but I'm not so sure it will. Even though I finger detangle it in the same direction each time, it still just forms a round fro. We shall see.

Sometimes I wish my hair would naturally stand up for that fuller look. I'd love a round fro. I'd have to let it shrink up for a few days, sleep with my hair uncovered for a few nights to even dream:lol:...and still the middle will fall. Maybe when these new shorter hairs in my crown/ canopy catch up, there'll be a lil bit more resistance.

faithVA

Sometimes I wish my hair would naturally stand up for that fuller look. I'd love a round fro. I'd have to let it shrink up for a few days, sleep with my hair uncovered for a few nights to even dream:lol:...and still the middle will fall. Maybe when these new shorter hairs in my crown/ canopy catch up, there'll be a lil bit more resistance.

Sounds like our hair are just opposites. So sad. Sounds like there is no need for me to hope :lol: Sounds like she will just be round forever.

GGsKin

As your thick hair grows to longer lengths, I can imagine her looking like (or having a similar fullness to) FusionofCultures (2012). Just lush.

Last edited:

LdyKamz

I know being natural is hard though...
It does seem harder at first. You'll have plenty of time to practice during your transition. You'll be a pro by the time those relaxed ends are gone!

Washed and dc'd last night and had tiny bit of breakage. All gone now thanks to Nexxus reconstructor. Even with the breakage I don't have enough hair for my hair analysis. Lol and now Jen's going to think my hair is a mess because it's mostly broken hairs. Smh Have to wait for one more wash day.

Love2Live

I'm transitioning for 2 years so it's gonna be a long ride for me now..lol
I'm shooting for two years as well but we will see how that goes. I'm currently 10 months. I just found a new style that I think will work for me which was perm rod sets. For one it will keep me away from heat and another things that it helps me see what shrinkage will be like a little. I've never had it done before now but it will keep heat out of my hair. Only thing is it took about an hour for my stylist to put the rollers in because she was being gentle especially after I told her about the horrific experience I had last week at another salon. You can do it :)

faithVA

Cowashed with TVO. Applied the TVO leave-in, gel and oiled my end. Back in the same flat twist style.

faithVA

For whatever reason it takes me forever to do my hair. I actually finished in about 90 minutes tonight, from takedown to bonnet. That's fast for me.

Honey Bee

Starting pic:

20151109_175657.jpg

See how it's flopping?! I shook my head so hard, trynna get it to sit up, I almost gave myself an aneurysm in here! :lachen:

So, I'm neck length. And annoyed. :lol: I have no shape, my hair grows at all different speeds all over my head, so, the middle is shorter than both the nape and the front. The sides are still short from the cut. *sigh* My plan is the same as before: MHM everyday for a week while wigging it in public, then back into crochets.

faithVA

Starting pic:

View attachment 347927

See how it's flopping?! I shook my head so hard, trynna get it to sit up, I almost gave myself an aneurysm in here! :lachen:

So, I'm neck length. And annoyed. :lol: I have no shape, my hair grows at all different speeds all over my head, so, the middle is shorter than both the nape and the front. The sides are still short from the cut. *sigh* My plan is the same as before: MHM everyday for a week while wigging it in public, then back into crochets.
I don't think it looks that bad. It just needs a little shaping.

Honey Bee

I don't think it looks that bad. It just needs a little shaping.
Girl, stop. I look like a sad clown. :lachen:

But I'm cool with it though. I've big chopped many times. It will grow back. SO thinks it's cute, it was this length when we met. He was like, 'Aww, you look like Bird from Soul Food again. *kiss, kiss, kiss*' :lol:

faithVA

Girl, stop. I look like a sad clown. :lachen:

But I'm cool with it though. I've big chopped many times. It will grow back. SO thinks it's cute, it was this length when we met. He was like, 'Aww, you look like Bird from Soul Food again. *kiss, kiss, kiss*' :lol:
If you think that's bad then mine must be horrid. I might take a picture one day. I'm NL but my hair is not wearable in its natural shape and the shrinkage is so crazy it will look shorter than yours. She just hast to stay tucked away unless she learns how to behave a little bit.

Honey Bee

If you think that's bad then mine must be horrid. I might take a picture one day. I'm NL but my hair is not wearable in its natural shape and the shrinkage is so crazy it will look shorter than yours. She just hast to stay tucked away unless she learns how to behave a little bit.
Nuh-unh!! Your hair in your avvy looks cute. You could wear that out. You ain't got to lie to kick it. :lol:

But I know you're an optimist, and nice, so you just trynna make me feel better. :lachen: :kiss:

faithVA

Nuh-unh!! Your hair in your avvy looks cute. You could wear that out. You ain't got to lie to kick it. :lol:

But I know you're an optimist, and nice, so you just trynna make me feel better. :lachen: :kiss:
Your so silly. I was talking about with a wng. That pic is a twist out. I don't wear those that often either. I want it to hang to my cheeks so I'm waiting.

I am an optimist but I'm not that nice. Lol. If your hair was jacked up I would be soooo quiet. Wouldn't have said a word or I would have given a neutral statement like Hang in there. It will get better. :lol:

But I understand how you feel about your hair.

jennifer30

What are you doing to keep your new growth moisturized and to protect your line of demarcation?
I washed and moisturize it a while ago...I just won't know what to do once I reach full sl...since that's my goal..and if I keep transitioning and reach apl..my long term goal..lol I.d be scare to cut it then...

LdyKamz

I washed and moisturize it a while ago...I just won't know what to do once I reach full sl...since that's my goal..and if I keep transitioning and reach apl..my long term goal..lol I.d be scare to cut it then...
By then you'll be in love with your natural hair and you'll be ready to rid yourself of those relaxed ends.

I'm itching to straighten my hair again but I'm trying to go a full 2 weeks.