Sl 2016 Challenge

LdyKamz

@shortdub78 i figured it out. It was sabino moisture block

What don't you like about it's a 10. I didn't use it until I went natural and the original version is not a favorite I just recently found out. My hair loves the one with keratin. Some people can't tell a difference but I can.

Evolving78

What don't you like about it's a 10. I didn't use it until I went natural and the original version is not a favorite I just recently found out. My hair loves the one with keratin. Some people can't tell a difference but I can.
It turned on me and made my hair tangle.
Ok I decided to be a cheapskate and get some Elasta Qp products. Was debating about getting them, but walgreens made it easy for me. Sprayed the leave-in spray in the car on one twist. That was an hour ago. It is still moist! Yes! Not greasy, but a hydrated feeling. Loving that! Got the butter, leave-in and curling pudding. Hopefully I got what I need for me and Babygirl. I returned that other bottle of DE Detangling leave-in. Exchanged it for the shampoo. Got the SE Detangling spray for my dd and I.

Last edited:

faithVA

It turned on me and made my hair tangle.
Ok I decided to be a cheapskate and get some Elasta Qp products. Was debating about getting them, but walgreens made it easy for me. Sprayed the leave-in spray in the car on one twist. That was an hour ago. It is still moist! Yes! Not greasy, but a hydrated feeling. Loving that! Got the butter, leave-in and curling pudding. Hopefully I got what I need for me and Babygirl. I returned that other bottle of DE Detangling leave-in. Exchanged it for the shampoo. Got the SE Detangling spray for my dd and I.
I use the Elasta QP Shampoo. It is my favorite. I haven't tried any of the other products in the line. I may have to check them out.

Evolving78

I use the Elasta QP Shampoo. It is my favorite. I haven't tried any of the other products in the line. I may have to check them out.
I can't find that in the big retail stores. I would probably have to go to the beauty supply. I got the Design essentials shampoo. It better be good. I was suppose to wash my hair yesterday. I didn't feel good and gave up.

I don't like this going past a week stuff.

WeirdoBeauty

Update:I finally got the rest my damaged end cut off earlier this month.Turn out I only needed a 1/4 to 1/2 in cut off.my stylist says I probably though it was more due to me not cutting or styling my hair very often. So I'm officially bowing out of this challenge.Even with my damage gone I'm still SL.Hope you all reach your goal this year.

faithVA

Update:I finally got the rest my damaged end cut off earlier this month.Turn out I only needed a 1/4 to 1/2 in cut off.my stylist says I probably though it was more due to me not cutting or styling my hair very often. So I'm officially bowing out of this challenge.Even with my damage gone I'm still SL.Hope you all reach your goal this year.
How about a good bye picture?

Evolving78

Loved my shampoo experience with DE shampoo. It's the avocado one. Too long to type out! Lol so now I have a shampoo that's moisturizing, doesn't strip, and helps with Detangling. Also I got that Wet brush. I really like it! It works well on small sections and didn't rip my hair out. Barely had any hair in the brush, and if someone needs help defining their curls similiar to the denman, this will do it. Gotta use small sections since it's not hard bristles like the denman. I'm dc'ing right now. Ran out of hot water in the shower...smh.

I washed my hair in six sections. Gotta start doing that now as well. Wash day isn't that simple and it is taking longer. My scalp likes water! I gotta make my twists a certain way I can cowash, or rinse without them coming undo.

faithVA

Loved my shampoo experience with DE shampoo. It's the avocado one. Too long to type out! Lol so now I have a shampoo that's moisturizing, doesn't strip, and helps with Detangling. Also I got that Wet brush. I really like it! It works well on small sections and didn't rip my hair out. Barely had any hair in the brush, and if someone needs help defining their curls similiar to the denman, this will do it. Gotta use small sections since it's not hard bristles like the denman. I'm dc'ing right now. Ran out of hot water in the shower...smh.

I washed my hair in six sections. Gotta start doing that now as well. Wash day isn't that simple and it is taking longer. My scalp likes water! I gotta make my twists a certain way I can cowash, or rinse without them coming undo.
Let me know if you figure out a way to wash your twist so they don't unravel. I did find that putting a scarf on after helps to minimize the frizz.

Evolving78

Let me know if you figure out a way to wash your twist so they don't unravel. I did find that putting a scarf on after helps to minimize the frizz.
Now I did it while I was loc'ing but they were smaller. These are my ugly chunky twists that I wear under a scarf, so the frizz doesn't bother me! Lol but yes the scarf worked tremendously for me during that time.

Evolving78

Yeah Elasta QP is giving me the moisture I need! And I was able to not break the bank! Don't know why I didn't get this stuff in the first place!

faithVA

Yeah Elasta QP is giving me the moisture I need! And I was able to not break the bank! Don't know why I didn't get this stuff in the first place!
I don't think a lot of people talk about it. I guess there are so many new products on the market that the oldies get lost in history.

Evolving78

I don't think a lot of people talk about it. I guess there are so many new products on the market that the oldies get lost in history.
Yes! I used the leave-in cream when I was relaxed, but didn't think to use it as a natural. And I somebody I watched on YT wasn't enthusiastic about her review. I but I really like liquid leave-in sprays and their products are laced with a bunch of coconut oil and wheat protein. And not full of glycerin. I can deal with a little, but my hair can't handle the amount other products use.

faithVA

Yes! I used the leave-in cream when I was relaxed, but didn't think to use it as a natural. And I somebody I watched on YT wasn't enthusiastic about her review. I but I really like liquid leave-in sprays and their products are laced with a bunch of coconut oil and wheat protein. And not full of glycerin. I can deal with a little, but my hair can't handle the amount other products use.
The coconut oil may be why I never tried the rest of the line just stopped at the shampoo. I know I looked at them though probably a few times.

faithVA

It was wash day today. I did prepoo with Teraveda Quinoa Conditioner followed by a mudwash. I used Creme of Nature leave-in and a foam wrap while doing a ponytail rollerset. I have been playing around with stretching my hair to see if my ends do better. So far I don't see any improvement but I will give it some time. My hair still wasn't dry after 90 minutes so I just took out the rollers and put in my flat twist.

I may do another mudwash on Monday.

I really need to color my hair but I'm just not feeling it :ohwell:

Evolving78

It was wash day today. I did prepoo with Teraveda Quinoa Conditioner followed by a mudwash. I used Creme of Nature leave-in and a foam wrap while doing a ponytail rollerset. I have been playing around with stretching my hair to see if my ends do better. So far I don't see any improvement but I will give it some time. My hair still wasn't dry after 90 minutes so I just took out the rollers and put in my flat twist.

I may do another mudwash on Monday.

I really need to color my hair but I'm just not feeling it :ohwell:
I stretched out the front of my hair, using the the tension method on cool.

faithVA

I did a mudwash on Friday and decided to do another one today. Wasn't crazy about my flat twist style.It wasn't going to make it through the week. After mudwashing I experimented with stretching in braids to compare it with stretching with rollersetting. Installing braids takes me as long as installing curlformers. My curlformers are dry in a little over an hour. After about an hour and 15 minutes some braids were dry and some braids seem like they were wetter than before I went under the dryer :lol: I doubt that my hair would be dry even after air drying overnight. This is good information to know in case I ever wanted to do a braidout on wet hair.

After that experiment I applied the rest of my product and flat twisted into one of my go to styles.

Next weekend I will probably try a regular rollerset.

LdyKamz

I tried the tension method with the cool setting about a month ago. After 2 sections I got really impatient and just blow dried it. :Lol: I may have to try it again when my hair is longer and easier to pull
The tension method is a tedious process for me. I see girls on youtube doing this and it looks so fast and easy. Not the case for me.

Separately I've been thinking the next time I use heat I want to blow dry using a comb attachment instead of my denman. I might be able to get my ends straighter.

faithVA

The tension method is a tedious process for me. I see girls on youtube doing this and it looks so fast and easy. Not the case for me.

Separately I've been thinking the next time I use heat I want to blow dry using a comb attachment instead of my denman. I might be able to get my ends straighter.
They do make it look easy and fast. But I wonder if that is because of length. It's got to be easier drying hair when you can hold the ends down by your waist versus having to hold hair at the base of your neck or even ear level.

I use a comb attachment. It's definitely faster. I'm not sure if my ends are straighter. Hopefully yours will be.

Evolving78

I get straighter ends with the comb attachment, but not completely straight. For the tension method, I do it just to stretch. I wouldn't dare try to flat iron behind that method! Lol.

Evolving78

I got two sections left to detangle and twist... Four months of this is going to be challenging. I don't want to do anything to my hair right now. I really need it braided up. And what I have planned ahead for my life, leaves no time for my hair and these kids.

Evolving78

I won't be spraying my hair with my liquid leave-in. I think that type of wet moisture will cause my hair to coil up and create knots. So when I wear my twistouts, I will just use a cream and butter. I'll wear one for two days, then wash.

LdyKamz

On Monday when I did my Bantu knots they seemed a little tighter when I took them out and fluffed. My hair looked really short and no matter how much I picked them out it still looked too tight.

I'm in the no buy challenge so in an effort to preserve my staples and use up some unwanted products I did something different. I used water and lottabody in a spray bottle. My hair wasn't stiff or hard. It was soft and fluffy so I know I didn't use too much but I didn't like how it came out.

Did my hair over last night with my usual routine and styler and the humidity and rain ruined me. Smh. Why isn't summer over yet?

Anyway, I wonder what else I could use this lottabody for.

Evolving78

I wore a puff yesterday. Really was digging my puff. Tried to wash and puff again today, right? Wrong move! I will be washing, DC, Detangling, and twisting. Those shed hairs that I thought I could finger comb out of my hair, created some nice size knots I had to cut out!

faithVA

Been playing around with mud and gel all week.. Have washed every day since Friday. Giving it a little break and won't wash again until Thursday or Friday.

I tried a WNG. It looked wearable. But I'm afraid it is going to dry all hard and knot up so I twisted it up. I need to try a WNG on a day when I have all day to see how it turns out in case I need to wash it again before bed.

Evolving78

Been playing around with mud and gel all week.. Have washed every day since Friday. Giving it a little break and won't wash again until Thursday or Friday.

I tried a WNG. It looked wearable. But I'm afraid it is going to dry all hard and knot up so I twisted it up. I need to try a WNG on a day when I have all day to see how it turns out in case I need to wash it again before bed.
That would be the only way, that might work for me.