Sl 2016 Challenge

Evolving78

I finally finished my wash. I'm just realizing I didn't condition. I just spritzed with diluted leave-in. :ohwell:

I will straighten this weekend. The last weekend I think I will put in strand twists to see where my hair is and have a check point for next year.
are you gonna straighten it straight, or just get the kink out?

Evolving78

Keracare is Bae! I need my behind kicked for straying away from this product line. I have no legit reason. I was just being a product junkie! I washed my hair in the sink and my hair didn't tangle and feels hydrated! I used the conditioner and my hair was literally drinking it up! It melted right into my strands. My hair was easy to comb through. I haven't raved about a product line like this, since Nairobi and Eluence. I plan on getting the 1st lather shampoo, some foam wrap lotion, and the leave-in conditioner. I got the detangling mist since I'm 9 weeks post and it has a heat protectant in it and I have the Silken Seal.

Evolving78

Ok I just used the Detangling mist! I'm in love! It's light! It is truly a liquid! It made my hair super easy to comb through and I rinsed my hair in the sink!!! I applied some silken seal and now I'm letting it air dry some. Again I'm 9 weeks post and have over an inch of new growth.

faithVA

Keracare is Bae! I need my behind kicked for straying away from this product line. I have no legit reason. I was just being a product junkie! I washed my hair in the sink and my hair didn't tangle and feels hydrated! I used the conditioner and my hair was literally drinking it up! It melted right into my strands. My hair was easy to comb through. I haven't raved about a product line like this, since Nairobi and Eluence. I plan on getting the 1st lather shampoo, some foam wrap lotion, and the leave-in conditioner. I got the detangling mist since I'm 9 weeks post and it has a heat protectant in it and I have the Silken Seal.
Yay glad you are having success.

Evolving78

That was the best line for my relaxed hair! Humecto is everything!
This was my go to, and I started trying other things. I always loved the leave-in in the small little bottle. I didn't care for the other leave-in. It's too heavy for me.
But this is what is going to combat the dryness I have experiencing. Once I wash and deep conditioner a few more times I will have the problem totally corrected. Other products weren't helping at all.

faithVA

I took my flat twist out but now I don't feel like washing my hair :ohwell: But I have to get started because I have a lot of steps if I want to straighten tomorrow. Once I get started I think I will be OK. I just need to warm up my bathroom and maybe that will make it better :look:

OK, 15 minutes worth of games and then I'm going to tackle it. :yep:

Evolving78

I took my flat twist out but now I don't feel like washing my hair :ohwell: But I have to get started because I have a lot of steps if I want to straighten tomorrow. Once I get started I think I will be OK. I just need to warm up my bathroom and maybe that will make it better :look:

OK, 15 minutes worth of games and then I'm going to tackle it. :yep:
You can do it! I gotta get back to my DD's hair. I washed, put in a clear rinse, DC'Ed, blow dried, and flat ironed my hair. I did a little more trimming too.
The clear rinse is amazing!

faithVA

I had these great plans. I was going to get off early and come home and get my hair done. Well my coworkers decided we needed a happy hour. So that put me 1.5 hours behind. Then I was dragging my butt when I got home. When I finally decided to get started my SO called and I know we stayed on the phone an hour. So by the time I got started it was between 8:30 and 9 :nono:

So tonight I shampooed, protein treatment and deep conditioned. I put my hair into 6 flat twist for tomorrow.

I will finish up tomorrow with mudwash, color, curlformer set and flat iron. That's going to take all night.

gvin89

Wash Day today! Shampooed with ORS Aloe Shampoo, DC'd with ORS Replenishing pak, and used QB styling products. I'm currently 2-strand twisting. Measured my hair today: Nape - 8.5 on the right and 8 on the left; Ear - 10.5 on both sides; Crown - 11.5; amnd Front - 10 on the right, 7.5 in the center, and 8 on the left.

Evolving78

Wash Day today! Shampooed with ORS Aloe Shampoo, DC'd with ORS Replenishing pak, and used QB styling products. I'm currently 2-strand twisting. Measured my hair today: Nape - 8.5 on the right and 8 on the left; Ear - 10.5 on both sides; Crown - 11.5; amnd Front - 10 on the right, 7.5 in the center, and 8 on the left.
Is this for the APL challenge? Lol or the SL bangs challenge? Lol
Sounds like you are gonna have a nice wash day!

Evolving78

I had these great plans. I was going to get off early and come home and get my hair done. Well my coworkers decided we needed a happy hour. So that put me 1.5 hours behind. Then I was dragging my butt when I got home. When I finally decided to get started my SO called and I know we stayed on the phone an hour. So by the time I got started it was between 8:30 and 9 :nono:

So tonight I shampooed, protein treatment and deep conditioned. I put my hair into 6 flat twist for tomorrow.

I will finish up tomorrow with mudwash, color, curlformer set and flat iron. That's going to take all night.
You made it home yet for round 2?

Evolving78

Still hating. :lol:

Wash day Sunday and looking forward to blowdrying.
Girl I feel bald headed! I could really kick myself! I will not color and be neglectful again. I really treated my natural hair bad. I would let it dry up and walk around with a scarf for days! I wouldn't tie my hair up! Then was using all of those products with protein in them didn't help! Just a hot mess!

You gotta try the clear rinse! I gave my DD one too!

faithVA

I didn't make SL. I have a few strands touching but that isn't enough for me to call SL. My nape has been struggling. It looks like I'm still about 2 inches away for the nape and more for the upper sections. It looks like my hair wants the higher sections to grow first before anything else.

Even without SL, my hair is longer than it was in March and I"m not going backwards :yay: And my ends are getting better. I did a lot of trimming this year and its paying off.

Sorry they are so HUGE :ohwell:

March, August, December - FRONT
IMG_20160325_220911454_HDR~2.jpg IMG_20160826_242334166_HDR.jpg LengthCheckFront3.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160826_242334166_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160826_242334166_HDR.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 4

Evolving78

I didn't make SL. I have a few strands touching but that isn't enough for me to call SL. My nape has been struggling. It looks like I'm still about 2 inches away for the nape and more for the upper sections. It looks like my hair wants the higher sections to grow first before anything else.

Even without SL, my hair is longer than it was in March and I"m not going backwards :yay: And my ends are getting better. I did a lot of trimming this year and its paying off.

Sorry they are so HUGE :ohwell:

March, August, December - FRONT
View attachment 382289 View attachment 382293 View attachment 382295
You are SL. I can tell!
Your front has grown a lot!
Just saw the other pics! Your hair grows like mine! Your nape will be APL before or by the summer!
Yeah start that other challenge so we will have somewhere to go together! Lol

faithVA

You are SL. I can tell!
Your front has grown a lot!
Just saw the other pics! Your hair grows like mine! Your nape will be APL before or by the summer!

You can see where my shoulder blades are in all of the pictures. My hair isn't quite there yet. Unfortunately my shirt doesn't have a line for SL (boo). But I can still see my shoulder blades.

It's funny. I don't think my front has grown at all. But I think all of my hair is evening out. The longest piece has been at my lip for over 6 months but I think the rest has grown to catch up.