Sl 2016 Challenge

LdyKamz

I blow dried amd my bathroom was so hot that my hair started reverting almost immediately. I'll probably do this again in a week or 2 to get a decent starting pic for the 2017 challenge.

No closer to SL and I've left the tail alone even though I'm itching to cut it off because I hate it. But I made fantastic progress in my nape area and in my crown. Maybe now I can visit a stylist without them talking to me the entire time about those areas with no real advice but "you need to let it grow" smh.

First and second photo I was half way through blw drying and contemplating cutting that dang tail. 3rd pic I was finished but hair was already reverting. Last pic was last month when I straightened and trimmed. Excuse my fat face in that one.

Attachments

• Instasize_1218123037.jpg
    Instasize_1218123037.jpg
    917.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Instasize_1218123247.jpg
    Instasize_1218123247.jpg
    887.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 20161218_121115.jpg
    20161218_121115.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
  • Instasize_1218124035.jpg
    Instasize_1218124035.jpg
    577.2 KB · Views: 19

Evolving78

I blow dried amd my bathroom was so hot that my hair started reverting almost immediately. I'll probably do this again in a week or 2 to get a decent starting pic for the 2017 challenge.

No closer to SL and I've left the tail alone even though I'm itching to cut it off because I hate it. But I made fantastic progress in my nape area and in my crown. Maybe now I can visit a stylist without them talking to me the entire time about those areas with no real advice but "you need to let it grow" smh.

First and second photo I was half way through blw drying and contemplating cutting that dang tail. 3rd pic I was finished but hair was already reverting. Last pic was last month when I straightened and trimmed. Excuse my fat face in that one.
Great progress this year! There is nothing far about your face! Pretty lady like Regina Hall!

Oh and that's another reason I'm working on getting my hair in tip top shape! I don't want any stylist telling me anything bad about my hair, then just send me on my way. I had an experience like that. She told me I didn't need protein, which was true and she told me to fall back on the coconut oil. I asked her what products should I buy, and she wouldn't tell me... see there was no retail products in the shop to sell. Some stylists want to act like what they use is exclusive. I'm like I got a license, so I don't need to go through you! Lol

faithVA

Let the tail be. I had that same tail and the hair has started to even out. I would hate for you to cut it and the hair above it grows longer than your nape. It will look even but won't be.

LdyKamz

Great progress this year! There is nothing far about your face! Pretty lady like Regina Hall!

Oh and that's another reason I'm working on getting my hair in tip top shape! I don't want any stylist telling me anything bad about my hair, then just send me on my way. I had an experience like that. She told me I didn't need protein, which was true and she told me to fall back on the coconut oil. I asked her what products should I buy, and she wouldn't tell me... see there was no retail products in the shop to sell. Some stylists want to act like what they use is exclusive. I'm like I got a license, so I don't need to go through you! Lol
Thank you!! I was looking a mess that day tho. Lol

The next thing I have to do is figure out how to get my straight hair smooth. It's light, bouncy, fluffy but with crazy fly aways. Just doesn't look smooth and soft like when I get it done at the salon. I want to learn how to so that. I watch youtube straightening videos all day long and still can't get it.

Evolving78

The next thing I have to do is figure out how to get my straight hair smooth. It's light, bouncy, fluffy but with crazy fly aways. Just doesn't look smooth and soft like when I get it done at the salon. I want to learn how to so that. I watch youtube straightening videos all day long and still can't get it.
What serum do you use?

faithVA

What products are you using for shampoo, condition, heat protectant before you straighten. It sounds like it might be your products more so than your technique. What does she use at the salon?

LdyKamz

What serum do you use?
What products are you using for shampoo, condition, heat protectant before you straighten. It sounds like it might be your products more so than your technique. What does she use at the salon?
It's a Paul Mitchell Salon and I use the same shampoo, conditioner and serum she uses. She's one of the reasons I switched to Paul Mitchell actually. I love the Instant Moisture line now! There were 2 extra oily things she added that I didn't pay much attention to though. One I'm pretty sure was morrocan oil. I usually use it's a 10 miracle leave in and paul mitchell super skinny serum before I blow dry and that's it. I have to get my hands on some design essentials and see if that makes a difference. Or some chi silk infusion. I think I need a smoothing agent of some sort.

Evolving78

It's a Paul Mitchell Salon and I use the same shampoo, conditioner and serum she uses. She's one of the reasons I switched to Paul Mitchell actually. I love the Instant Moisture line now! There were 2 extra oily things she added that I didn't pay much attention to though. One I'm pretty sure was morrocan oil. I usually use it's a 10 miracle leave in and paul mitchell super skinny serum before I blow dry and that's it. I have to get my hands on some design essentials and see if that makes a difference. Or some chi silk infusion. I think I need a smoothing agent of some sort.
Yeah I would get the Design Essentials! That's what's gonna seal it in and give you that silky look. But just use a dime size.