Sleeping on D&L Ultra Cholesterol

so1913

Ok, I decided to try this for my deep conditioning. Dark & Loveley Ultra cholesterol Conditioning Treatment with Panthenol & Vitamin E. I remember having it at some point in time way back when and loving the smell and how it worked on my relaxed hair. Granted, the smell has changed since then, but I still decided to give it a go, hoping it would work better than the Lekair or Lustrasilk Cholesterol conditioners. I slapped it on and left in over night. I'm trying to do this deep conditioning thing once a week. I kinda slacked off since I usually wash/rinse/conditioner wash daily in the shower. I don't know if my hair was dry before or something, but when I rinsed this morning, my hair felt awesome. Not only that, but I have more enhanced curls and waves in those areas where I thought they were completely lost (due to heat damage caused during my transition). My curls are more clumped together today and I'm really happy with the results. Was my hair just thirsty??? Well, I'm keeping this sucker! Here I was trying the most expensive stuff out there. I applied my Asha products and I'm screaming a good hair day:-D To bad the weather sucks and won't leave the house. Working at the "virtual office" today, lol.

I heard about that stuff and went to buy it once. I didn't want it after I saw it.

I wish that mineral oil was further down the list... it's third I believe isn't it? So all you people who avoid mineral oil, it may not be your type of product.

Porsche19 said:
I heard about that stuff and went to buy it once. I didn't want it after I saw it.

I wish that mineral oil was further down the list... it's third I believe isn't it? So all you people who avoid mineral oil, it may not be your type of product.

Yep, it is 3rd on the list. If that kind of stuff doesn't bother you (which it doesn't me in this case since it's a rinse out) you may want to give it a try for dry hair. I loved the results on my hair!

Your hair is really purty so1913! lol I just noticed your avatar up there.

So rinsing your hair gets mineral oil out... or it just doesn't build up as much if it's rinsed out.. or what??

Porsche19 said:
Your hair is really purty so1913! lol I just noticed your avatar up there.

So rinsing your hair gets mineral oil out... or it just doesn't build up as much if it's rinsed out.. or what??

Thanks sweetie! Well, I wash my hair frequently and because it's a rinse out conditioner, the majority of it isn't sitting in your hair like with moisturizing lotions, creams and greases containing mineral oil. I don't use many products with mineral oil in it, so I haven't had a problem with any build up.

I definitely make a conscience effort to stay away from leave in products with mineral oil. When it comes to rinse out products, I don't worry too much, especially since I do wash on a frequent basis.

I too, love this product!!!! My old hairdresser used to saturate my hair w/this and Jazzing clear right after I relaxed, then put me under the dryer for about 30 min. My hair would look great: shiny, soft, etc. I used it at home recently (b4 braids and my hair was ridiculously soft . . . at 8 weeks post relaxer!!! It's definitely a product that's slept on.

I had a few samples of the D&L Ultra Cholesterol that I used last month. The results were okay.....It worked about as well as some of the other cholesterol conditioners that I've used. I don't think the mineral oil really agreed with my hair that much. I'm still on the hunt to find a cholesterol that doesn't contain mineral oil.

I L-O-V-E the D&L Ultra Cholesterol. :love: I'm getting a perm this weekend and I'm going to get a sample of this from the BSS this weekend.

Back