SLOW GROWERS - ARE WE UP FOR A CHALLENGE?

SelfStyled

Thank you so much! I never thought to take garlic supplements! Where'd you get yours? What brand do you take? Do they stink? :lol:

I got the odor free garlic tablets, they are 2000mg eqivalent, the brand is Origin- I got them at Target for prolly like 4 or 5 bucks.

I would just try them and see if they help with the shedding.

Good Luck!

Solitude

I got the odor free garlic tablets, they are 2000mg eqivalent, the brand is Origin- I got them at Target for prolly like 4 or 5 bucks.

I would just try them and see if they help with the shedding.

Good Luck!

Thanks for this tip, I don't know how fast I grow, but I know that I shed pretty quickly and always have, even after a fresh trim. I'm going to try the garlic supplements. oh, and I've been lurking on this thread!

Rain20

LaNecia

Did you get rid of your VW, just wondering what prompted the name change if its not too personal?

LaNecia

Hey Rain,

No prob witb the question! :). When I originally joined LHCF I used LaNecia (which is my name) and due to some problems with posts I'd done, I was banned. I subsequently rejoined as VWVixxen. Beverly graciously allowed me to change back to my original name.

And as for my beloved (Cyber - the name of my V-Dub), she's not going anywhere! LOVE THAT CAR!! :yep:

LaNecia

Rain20

Thanks for answering. You banned, hard to believe. I would love to body build and compete but I know I am not disciplined enough. HHG and continued weight lifting success.

MonaLisa

Thanks for answering. You banned, hard to believe. I would love to body build and compete but I know I am not disciplined enough. HHG and continued weight lifting success.

Rain...don't be fooled by the chick formerly known as VWVixxen...

She's a fiery one.

I seent it (yes, seent).

:look:

and yes, I'm a slow grower too...cheering all y'all on! :weird:

diamoness

I'm a slow grower too, i get 3-3.5 inches per year. I stopped doing suppliments cuz i couldn't stay consistent. I do know that powdered chlorella increased my growth rate. It's real nasty though. I'm just now trying N A Cysteine 2000mg. It took me 5 years to grow my hair to brastrap length. I need 4.5 inches to make it to waistlength.....MUST GET THERE THIS YEAR!!! I might have to get back on my chlorella.

Faith

I forgot about this thread.

Diamoness, that sounds like the disease :lol:
Tell me a bit about those though things. I think I have seen Cysteine mentioned in a few health magazines. It requires drinking a lot of water from what I recall.
I have tried a few things, biotin and silica just increased my heart rate and make the beat a little irregular. I stopped quick. I do notice good things with brewer's yeast and sea kelp.

How are the rest of you ladies doing?

Rain20

I stopped using sew ins in October 08 and will take a break until April 09. I think the tension was hindering my growth. I am making my own clip in extensions. I am on my own personal challenge combing a few of the ongoing challenges and am trying for 2 inches of growth by March 09. I should be about APL if I meet my goals. SO is very happy about me not wearing the weave. He does not even mind my phony pony and has been very supportive.

Hope everyone else meets their goals as well. HHG in 09:yep:.

SelfStyled

Just checking in.....I have never met anyone's hair that grows as slow as mine. I grow about 3 inches a year.

Mystic

Just checking in.....I have never met anyone's hair that grows as slow as mine. I grow about 3 inches a year.
Well, you've now met your match.

I didn't even know this thread existed - I am so glad to finally realize that I am now apart of a group. It really sucks how slowly my hair grows. I have been natural for over 2 years now and the sides are barely 5" - some people get that in less than one year. What the hell causes one group to grow hair so fast and the other group nada?????? Damn...., there is NOTHING I can do (I've tried everything) to increase growth! Therefore, I am aiming to keep what I grow.

Will start washing and DC 2X per week and I am switching to a high protein diet. Will exercise 5-6 X per week, and do my best to TLC my hair. I have no more goals at the moment regarding length - I have been disappointed far too often. However, if I can make APL before my 3 year mark, that would be very encouraging.

Please keep this thread alive.

SelfStyled

Awww Mystic I feel your pain in that last post. Long hard sigh.....

Okay Missy your hair looked like it was growing really fast from your BC in 07 and then the next pic in 08:yep:.

Maybe your sides are just your trouble spot. I think a lot of heads have a "trouble" spot, I know I do.

You are smart to switch your goals to retention rather than growth focused goals, which I realize is hard to do because, duh, we are on Longhaircarefroum:lachen:. I have to say retention is the one area I give myself a pat on the back because I have learned to stay away from heat, not many trims, and bunning have helped me tremendously. I also cannot forget moisture. I used to be a once a week washer now I wash 2-3 times a week.

I think your new regimen sounds great:yep:. I am wishing you success :kiss:

IA let's try to support one another.

Mystic

Thanks SelfStyled:smooches::smooches::kiss::kiss:. Your post is very encouraging. Now that I got it off my chest, I feel much better now. My sides are definitely my problem areas but overall, my length is way below average. Let's see what is in store for us in a couple more months. I am happy that your routine is paying off for you - happy hair growing and retention.

Awww Mystic I feel your pain in that last post. Long hard sigh.....

Okay Missy your hair looked like it was growing really fast from your BC in 07 and then the next pic in 08:yep:.

Maybe your sides are just your trouble spot. I think a lot of heads have a "trouble" spot, I know I do.

You are smart to switch your goals to retention rather than growth focused goals, which I realize is hard to do because, duh, we are on Longhaircarefroum:lachen:. I have to say retention is the one area I give myself a pat on the back because I have learned to stay away from heat, not many trims, and bunning have helped me tremendously. I also cannot forget moisture. I used to be a once a week washer now I wash 2-3 times a week.

I think your new regimen sounds great:yep:. I am wishing you success :kiss:

IA let's try to support one another.