Slow Growers Unite!!

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I'm a slow grower who has decided to transition. It's going to take me years and years to get to shoulder length (unstretched) I bet. :sad:

HairNinja

Wow you ladies are dead on I am a slow grower and borderline anemic. I am always tired i'm going to add iron to my vitamins. How much are you all taking? Do you still take a multi-vitamin?

manter26

I'm definitely a slow grower. I get about 4 inches a year. I'll be 3 years natural in March with about 10" at the most in some places. That makes my growth rate about 1/3" per month. :ohwell: I measure from the root, using my color so I know it's not a retention issue. I guess slow and steady wins the race. My diet is alright and I supplement with vitamins, calcium, and fish oil.

I'm going to back-to-back protective style so I can hopefully make BSL by the end of 2012.

My update is I made BSL. :yep: Going for WL by December 2013.

Royalq

Slow grower here. SO im thinking it maybe my anemia, i think its more serious than my last bootleg clinic doctor made it seem. Im so fatigued that its difficult to function, i can literally sleep all day and be too tired to wake up and go piss.
I changed insurance, so my new one doesnt activate until Nov 1. Then i'll go to a new doctor and get some tests done, thorough test. Im going to specifically talk to her about my hair growth. Maybe its something we non-doctors never thought could effect our hair growth. Im anxiously waiting for november.

wednesday

My update is I made BSL. :yep: Going for WL by December 2013.

manter26 are those individuals with your own hair in your siggy?

I wish i could wear my own hair in individuals but it's SO thin:nono:
I am a slow grower, i've trimmed about 3 inches this year because of spilts...another year st should length:nono:

wednesday

Slow grower here. SO im thinking it maybe my anemia, i think its more serious than my last bootleg clinic doctor made it seem. Im so fatigued that its difficult to function, i can literally sleep all day and be too tired to wake up and go piss.
I changed insurance, so my new one doesnt activate until Nov 1. Then i'll go to a new doctor and get some tests done, thorough test. Im going to specifically talk to her about my hair growth. Maybe its something we non-doctors never thought could effect our hair growth. Im anxiously waiting for november.

I'm thinking i may be anemic. I think we are hair twins!

manter26

manter26 are those individuals with your own hair in your siggy?

I wish i could wear my own hair in individuals but it's SO thin:nono:
I am a slow grower, i've trimmed about 3 inches this year because of spilts...another year st should length:nono:

Yep, it's just my own hair in the braids.

AtlantaJJ

I need to join this thread! I am actively working to fix some of the health issues that are contributing to my slow growth.

Part of my issues with slow growth are due to age, I'm over 50. The other has to do with hormonal changes. I am working on improving my lifestyle which should help my hair growth. I need to cut excess sugar / simple carbs, processed + fast foods out of my diet. I need to add more leafy greens to my diet daily, and make sure I get at least 120 grams of protein every single day. Leafy green veggies are excellent for hair growth.

I just started taking Mineral Rich today, I'm hoping that will help. I take fish oil, Borage oil, a multi-vitamin or a hair vitamin (I alternate) I just started taking silica and biotin. I also started using Ayurveda treatments 2 months ago which is helping with my retention. Retention is key for me since I am a slow grower. I so far I have been averaging 4 inches per year so I am making sure I hold on to those inches! :lol:

Last edited: