Slow Growers Unite!

trendsetta25

I would love to start a thread for slow growers like myself. A thread where we can vent, encourage and share any tips that's helped with getting a growth spurt. It would also be a great thread for those slow growers who reached their goals such as APL, BSL, MBL and beyond can share their stories or can offer great retention tips.

I know I'm not the only one out there.....SLOW GROWERS UNITE!!!!!

BEAUTYU2U

I'm BeautyU2U and I am a slow grower. :look:

I didn't know until I visited a thread about BC'ers and what length they were one year later. So many people said shoulder length .... :nono:

I'm at chin length and I think my hair grows faster in the winter instead of the summer. Weird.

trendsetta25

I'm BeautyU2U and I am a slow grower. :look:

I didn't know until I visited a thread about BC'ers and what length they were one year later. So many people said shoulder length .... :nono:

I'm at chin length and I think my hair grows faster in the winter instead of the summer. Weird.

Welcome BeautyU2U!!!!!!

trendsetta25

What's the harm in making a new one? I know there's new members out there that can benefit from this thread. Heck there's members like myself who can chim in once and awhile :yep:

miss stress

I'm a slow grower too so all i want to acheive is bsb and then I'll just maintain. I gave myself 2 yrs to get there so pray for me

dyh080

Thank you for this thread. Years ago I dyed a hidden part of my hair to measure growth and discovered that I was getting 4 inches a year.
I still think I am a slow grower.

miss stress

I just got finished relaxing my hair and it looks apl so I'm excited abt that! will post pics whn its dry. As far as growth aids, I have a big @ss bottle of boundless tresses but I only use it after my relaxer for a couple of weeks till I strt to feel new growth I dont go after that because I dont like the smell even though it says unscented. I also take a hair skin and nails vitamin daily. Do u use anything?

Welcome! What length are u at right now? Are you using growth aids?

trendsetta25

I just got finished relaxing my hair and it looks apl so I'm excited abt that! will post pics whn its dry. As far as growth aids, I have a big @ss bottle of boundless tresses but I only use it after my relaxer for a couple of weeks till I strt to feel new growth I dont go after that because I dont like the smell even though it says unscented. I also take a hair skin and nails vitamin daily. Do u use anything?

I've been using BT for about 3 weeks now. I stopped using weaves to retain my length and now I'm co-washing twice a week. I'm also taking the GNC hair vitamins. This is the first summer where I plan to wear buns. Its going pretty good. Oh and I'm juicing with S-Curl and sealing with Castor Oil, Vitaki Oil (I think that's how u spell it) and coconut oil.

I hate the way the unscented BT smells as well!!!!! I poured some of my pepperming oil in the bottle and that helped get rid of the scent.

Congrats on making APL....I'm almost there.

Tangles

Welllll, I have a short attention span when it comes to keeping things consistent with my hair. I'm natural (for 4 yrs) but still struggling with the right regimen. I, Tangles am a product junkie. So name a product I've used it. Long story short, no regimen to speak of...Thanks for asking.

miss stress

just oreded some peppermint oil from amazon and I'm gonna add it to the bt hopefully I'll b able to b consistent with it that way

I've been using BT for about 3 weeks now. I stopped using weaves to retain my length and now I'm co-washing twice a week. I'm also taking the GNC hair vitamins. This is the first summer where I plan to wear buns. Its going pretty good. Oh and I'm juicing with S-Curl and sealing with Castor Oil, Vitaki Oil (I think that's how u spell it) and coconut oil.

I hate the way the unscented BT smells as well!!!!! I poured some of my pepperming oil in the bottle and that helped get rid of the scent.

Congrats on making APL....I'm almost there.

melissa-bee

I'm transitioning, i'm like 10 and a half months post and have 3 to 3 and a half inches of growth. I'm not impressed

katblack

I'm not a slow grower, but the last 6 months I had a lot of stress due to taking a heavy class load, horrible diet and no exercise. So, major stress we're talking here. That was about 6 months ago and I only retain 1.5" in that time frame.
All I wanted to say is that I was lucky that my hair didn't fall out in clumps. So for all you slow growers out there, just remember that you might grow slow hair, but perhaps you grow slow healthy hair...?

fatimablush

^^So BT worked for you..what if youmixed BT with peppermint oil? Or is that too much..

By the way i am a slow grower as well.:grin:

TLC1020

Slow grower right here.....:ohwell:

I bc back in march b/c of shedding and thinning... Right now I am in braids and tomorrow will be 4 months post relaxer.. I will be removing the braids next month at 5 months post so hopefully I have a decent amount of retained growth......

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I am officially the slowest grower on LHCF. I only get a 1/4 inch every 4-6 weeks. As I age, it's gets even slower. I take supplements, drink lots of water, exercise and eat a clean whole foods diet.