SMELL GOOD HAIR!!! How do you...

jenteel

i agree w most of the ladies
most of my products smell great
but since i don't wash my hair as often
i add fragrance oil (cinnamon apple bayberry)
2 my homeade leave-in
i have gotten compliments from strangers!:D

GlamourGirl

Divine Inspiration said:
:yep: ITA. I also use Aceite 3 oil which smells heavenly!! I also add peppermint oil or lavendar oil for a pleasant scent that lasts.

I use the same thing...it has a really nice sweet smell!

Dee-Licious

jenteel said:
i agree w most of the ladies
most of my products smell great
but since i don't wash my hair as often
i add fragrance oil (cinnamon apple bayberry)
2 my homeade leave-in
i have gotten compliments from strangers!:D

Thanks ladies! Looks like I'll be on the hunt for some smell good conditioners.

Anyone know where you buy fragrance oil?

asha

For scent that lasts....Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding...that stuff smells great, and it lasts.

asubeauty

For the ladies who are using Bath and Body Works Conditioners, or Victoria's Secret Conditioners... Do you only use them for the scent, or are they okay products, too?

Dee-Licious

asubeauty said:
For the ladies who are using Bath and Body Works Conditioners, or Victoria's Secret Conditioners... Do you only use them for the scent, or are they okay products, too?

That's what I'm wondering...

Heck, is it ok to just spray perfume on your hair or will the alcohol mess up my hair??

Curlee_lurker

LA face/low class booty
I think the VS line is nice. I love the conditioner and the shampoo is nice too. Styling products are nice as well and heavily scented as well.

Their Garden line was nice as well. I don't know if they're getting rid of it or not but I got 5 bottles of Love Spell conditioner for $15 and I should have picked up more.

Otherwise I am known to spray body splash into my hair or put excess body lotion through my hair. The smell stays all day if it's a heavier body cream.

HoneyDew

asubeauty said:

I use the Victoria's Secret shampoo and conditioner for dry hair and they really are great products. I own some on the Love Spell shampoo and conditioner, which smells great, but it is not as good as the So Sexy, in my opinion. The So sexy leaves my hair soft and detangled.

InnerSoul

HoneyDew said:
I use the Victoria's Secret shampoo and conditioner for dry hair and they really are great products. I own some on the Love Spell shampoo and conditioner, which smells great, but it is not as good as the So Sexy, in my opinion. The So sexy leaves my hair soft and detangled.

LoveSpell is one of my favorites from Vict.Sec... I have their lotion and body mist spray.. didn't know they made a shampoo and cond. with the same fragrance. I may have to try those later on to see how it does for my hair.

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
I use the BBW Cherry Blossom conditioner regularly, and it leaves my hair soft and smelling great. In fact, I recently ordered some more--it's 2/$10.

It's great as either a rinse-out or a leave in conditioner. :)

asubeauty said:

LovelyLionessa

Oh no, this thread has me wanting the Victoria's Secret So Sexy conditioner!! Aaargh, is no thread pj safe?! :wallbash:

My most heavenly smelling products are:
Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol
AO Honeysuckle Rose Condish.
Aceite 3 (co-signing)
Dabur Jasmine Hair oil

ETA: I also love the yummy sour apple scent of Garnier conditioner.

Last edited:

Dearlove

LocksOfLuV said:
#1 for me is keeping the scarf clean. I wash my scarf twice a week with a nice fruity smelling clarifying shampoo or any smell-good shampoo I want to use up.

#2 for me is keeping the hair clean. now i haven't been too good on this since i am washing once per week but atleast it doesn't stank!:lol:

and finally using smell good products. for some reason i love love love the smell of CON shampoo after my hair has dried but too bad my hair doesn't like it. i always use a nice smell good moisturizer (V05 strawberries and cream).

I learn so much from this board!! I'd been washing my bonnet in the laundry, but I don't think all the oils were removed. I washed it in the sally's aloe rid knock off and it is perfectly clean. Thanks, LocksOfLuv!!

HoneyDew

Priestess said:
Oh no, this thread has me wanting the Victoria's Secret So Sexy conditioner!! Aaargh, is no thread pj safe?! :wallbash:

My most heavenly smelling products are:
Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol
AO Honeysuckle Rose Condish.
Aceite 3 (co-signing)
Dabur Jasmine Hair oil

ETA: I also love the yummy sour apple scent of Garnier conditioner.

Priestess, I just Pm'ed you....

isioma85

Most V05 or Suave conditioners smell really nice, especially in their herbal/natural line. For V05 I recommend Kiwi and Lime, for Suave, Fresh Berry Smoothie. I use them for co-washes specifically because they smell so good.

I just go for the products I wanna smell like, lol....but I think I do wanna try some of that "so sexy" now...I wonder how much it's gonna cost me :confused:

HoneyDew

You guys the So Sexy is on sale now at the semi annual sale. Also there are people selling it on Ebay.

The Girl

isioma85 said:
Most V05 or Suave conditioners smell really nice, especially in their herbal/natural line. For V05 I recommend Kiwi and Lime, for Suave, Fresh Berry Smoothie. I use them for co-washes specifically because they smell so good.
see I am strung out on the Bluberry Moisture MIlk one and the Tangerine something scent and I think I got a gift card for Bath and Body Works brb

Last edited:

HoneyDew

MsDee4 said:
Do ya'lls leave-ins cover the smell of the conditioner, or can u still smell the condish afterwards??

It depends. My leave in does not cover up my So Sexy or my Loreal Vive conditioners, but it does to some of my other conditioners. Even then, I can still smell those a little.

Ms Red

When I wash with NTM, Victoria's Secret So Sexy or V05 Strawberries and Cream, I keep shaking my head back and forth to get a whiff. :grin:

MizAvalon

Thank you so much to all the ladies who recommended VS SO Sexy. Since they're having a sale and I like nice smelling hair I decided to give it a try and WHOA!!!:eek: I normally don't stray from my beloved Kerastase, but this is going into the permanent rotation.:) I would never have even looked at it had it not been for this thread. I swear I didn't even know that VS sold haircare products.

ETA: The sale was 3 for $21 so I bought one shampoo and two conditioners.

Dee-Licious

MizAvalon said:
Thank you so much to all the ladies who recommended VS SO Sexy. Since they're having a sale and I like nice smelling hair I decided to give it a try and WHOA!!!:eek: I normally don't stray from my beloved Kerastase, but this is going into the permanent rotation.:) I would never have even looked at it had it not been for this thread. I swear I didn't even know that VS sold haircare products.

ETA: The sale was 3 for $21 so I bought one shampoo and two conditioners.

Ok dish. Do ya'll apply this last after all of your leave-ins? Or just use it as a rinse condish??

MizAvalon

MsDee4 said:
Ok dish. Do ya'll apply this last after all of your leave-ins? Or just use it as a rinse condish??

I don't use a leave-in. I sleep with my conditioner in overnight and rinse the next morning.

It's been 3 days and my hair still smells yummy like it's freshly washed.:)

VS So Sexy rocks!

Dragnessa

I make a flaxseed hair gel sometimes, and I put a couple drops of jasmine oil in it. When Id run that through my hair, people passing by me would stop to ask me what perfume I was wearing! I was seeing a guy a few months ago, and when I put it in before seeing him once, he couldnt get his nose out of my hair. Hes not one to lay on compliments, but he couldnt stop telling me how great my hair smelled... =D