So Hello

shebababy

I've been on this site a while but I never did a formal introduction. I'm mostly a lurker... but quite the regular lurker, lol. So anyway about the hair, I'm a natural 4a and my stretched out hair reaches my shoulder blades; a year ago I decided to stop being a slave to the hot comb and my hair is thanking me for it. I've been natural about 2 and a half years. I have a few pics here at http://public.fotki.com/shebababy/

hi

Nonie

Welcome aboard. Lovely twist-outs and braid-outs!
Nice thick mane you have there.

NaturalRox

Welcome Shebababy! What beautiful pics of your natural hair - love the twistouts! I've only stopped pressing my hair 2 months ago and my hair is doing so much better without it too. Congrats on your hair success!

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
shebababy said:
I've been on this site a while but I never did a formal introduction. I'm mostly a lurker... but quite the regular lurker, lol. So anyway about the hair, I'm a natural 4a and my stretched out hair reaches my shoulder blades; a year ago I decided to stop being a slave to the hot comb and my hair is thanking me for it. I've been natural about 2 and a half years. I have a few pics here at http://public.fotki.com/shebababy/

[/ QUOTE ]

OH MY GOD....Your hair is beautiful...
Girl, you have just been added to my natural hair inspiration list....Beautiful....

ethlyn

I loveeee your natural hair. Gorgeous braid and twists out!!
How did you obtain this? Do you plait large braids after washing, and with what pomades if any?

alibi

hair bored
Welome! You're very pretty and so is your hair!
I can't wait till I have that much natural hair!!! How long would you say it is stretched out?

Angelicus

Oh my goodness you are from new orleans! So great to meet you and I hope to talk to you via PM soon!

shebababy

Thank you all for your welcomes and compliments. I'm sorry for not responding to this sooner.
Ethlyn.. for my twistouts I use pure mango butter on wet hair, it's kind of a hard butter so many blend it with oils, but I just use my fingertips to work it into a creamier more pliable state... I then take a section of my hair braid the roots so they'll lie a bit flatter and twist the rest of the hair. I usually end up with about 8-10 twists. For my braidouts I stretch my hair out beforehand using the banding method, then i put my hair in 10 cornrows using shea butter and a little creamy set, I usually do that in the evening, then i take it aloose the next morning and finger separate to get rid or the parts and to make the sytle a bit more full

Sherrylove... Your hair is gorgeousm I'm flattered that you consider me an inspiration

Ayanapooh, stretched out the longest section of my hair is at the bottom of my shoulder blades, my hair grows in natural layers so i have various lengths throughout my head

OnceUponAtime

I can't believe you held out on us for so long.
Looks like I'm going to have to stalk your album now.
Your hair is gorgeous!