So I washed my weave last night...

RabiaElaine

Hi Ladies,

I washed my weave last night. I'm so proud of myself. I didn't have any tangling or anything like that. I put the weave into braids first and secured with ouchless hair elastics. I braided my hair that I left out. I kept the braids in for the washing and conditioning processes. I then rollerset my hair and the weave and went under the dryer for 45 minutes. It was taking too long to dry...and it was late so I got out the handheld to finish the drying process and to dry the cornrows under the weave.

Anway I then flatironed and then wrapped. This morning the hair came out very smooth. My sister thinks the weave even looks better than when I first did it.

My only issue right now is that this humidity is making my 12 weeks post roots and texlaxed hair act up. So that's looking a little poofy and making my hair not lie as flat. Since it's supposed to dry up tomorrow and over the weekend I'm not too worried it should lay down then.

Just wanted to share...none of my tracks are loosening either:D

RabiaElaine

chocomom said:
Girl, seeing you sew-in has me hankering for one myself. What type of hair and thread did you use? It really looks au-natural.

Do it, do it !!!:D

I used Janet New Yaki in color #1 in 16 inches from the BSS. I used BSS thread, I tried finding nylon upholstery thread, but it seemed too thin, so I just used the BSS thread I had originally bought.

YasmanSoBe

May I ask how you hair is braided underneath? Is it in the beehive style? I'm on the fence with getting a sew in again, but I just *hate* how my stylist braids my hair in the beehive style. Whenever I finally take the weave out, it tangles like a ****!