So The Rumour Is...aubrey Organics Has Gone Bust!

Artlessjadan

I have just got off the phone with the main distributor for the UK to ask when they were getting the Lumesscence Eye Cream back in stock.

The owner of the company has told me that Aubrey Organics has gone bust and they therefore will have no restocking of items.

They're not sure what's happening and are hoping that the company is bought out but that is unlikely to happen anytime soon.

I haven't seen anything else on the internet regarding this but I don't think the owner would have any reason to make this up since his livelyhood is at stake.

I'm trying to find other suppliers to stock up....:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:.

naturalmanenyc

I haven't heard this but glad I have a Curl Junkie Repair Me sample on the way to test as a replacement.
I only have 1 more bottle of Aubrey GPB.

Lymegreen

I've been using Aphogee 2 minute but it is a little stronger than GPB. When it runs out I may try Curl Junkie.

Lucia

After they changed the original formulas it all went downhill. Whole foods and other stores have not ordered or stocked since last year in the states.
It's a shame his kids ran that company into the ground. :nono:

Their honey suckle Rose and GBP protein conditioner were really good. Those were my staple products that's why I've been trying new products all year trying to replace them.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Washington Partners Announces that Aubrey Organics, Inc. has been Acquired by Nutraceutical Corporation

Aubrey Organics, an all-natural skin and beauty product manufacturer founded in 1967 sold to Nutraceutical Corporation. This transaction was facilitated by Washington Partners a business brokerage firm based in Tampa, Florida.

Tampa, Florida (PRWEB) July 07, 2016

Aubrey Organics, an all-natural skin and beauty product manufacturer founded in 1967 sold to Nutraceutical Corporation. This transaction was facilitated by Washington Partners a business brokerage firm based in Tampa, Florida.

Aubrey Organics

Aubrey Organics is an all-natural skin and beauty product manufacturer that was originally founded by Aubrey Hampton, an organic chemist, in 1967. Like many organic skincare companies, Aubrey Organics initially sold only a couple of skin care and beauty products.

From these humble beginnings, Aubrey Organics has grown into a massive skin and beauty company complete with industry recognition and a devoted customer following. With a product line of over 200 items and distribution in over 4,500 retail outlets across the country, Aubrey Organics is now dominating the same industry it pioneered over 50 years ago.

"I am truly grateful to George Chaconas and Washington Partners for not only finding a buyer for our company, but also for their incredible kindness and professionalism throughout the process. George Chaconas was very responsive and always took the time to answer questions that I had even during the evenings and weekends. I felt we were their priority and am truly grateful for their sincere concern and for making the process a very positive experience. I would highly recommend George Chaconas and Washington Partners if you're considering buying or selling your business!" -Priscilla DeFrancesco

Nutraceutical Corporation

Nutraceutical is a family of diverse companies working together from locations around the world to bring you a wide selection of natural health products and nutritional supplements that they proudly stand behind.

Known in the industry as a "vertically integrated" company. This means that for each product, Nutraceutical strives to cover the entire process of manufacturing, marketing, distributing, and selling that product - from beginning to end - from as close to the farm or ocean or plant as they can get, to your kitchen cupboard. http://www.nutraceutical.com

"In our acquisition of the Aubrey Organics business, George Chaconas played a critical role creating an environment for a win-win transaction. George's patience and relationship-focused approach allowed a deliberate process required by the seller. After the seller selected our company as the buyer, George facilitated a successful and rapid closing." -Vern Christensen

alexstin

After they changed the original formulas it all went downhill. Whole foods and other stores have not ordered or stocked since last year in the states.

Their honey suckle Rose and GBP protein conditioner were really good. Those were my staple products that's why I've been trying new products all year trying to replace them.
This! Absolutely loved their jojoba conditioner, then they changed it. That's how I ended up trying Shescentit products. Their conditioners are everything. Well, haven't tried the protein ones yet, but the moisturizing ones are excellent.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Books by Aubrey Hampton:

Natural Organic Hair and Skin Care: Including A to Z Guide to Natural and Synthetic Chemicals in Cosmetics (contains recipes)

https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Organic-Hair-Skin-Care/dp/0939157004

This is a guide he wrote. It is full of his basic recipes for hair and skin.

The Take Charge Beauty Book: The Ultimate Guide to Beautiful Hair & Skin (contains recipes)
https://www.amazon.com/Take-Charge-Beauty-Book-Beautiful/dp/0939157098/ref=pd_sim_14_33?ie=UTF8&dpID=41AYEEa8BaL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR107,160_&psc=1&refRID=YANVWRT2AW2R6429459S

What's In Your Cosmetics?
https://www.amazon.com/Whats-Your-Cosmetics-Aubrey-Hampton/dp/0939157101

These are the books with many of his recipes. Some things are difficult to decipher. Specifically, he calls something his "fatty acid base", but never specifically discloses what it is but uses this base in many of the recipes. Soft TOFU is the base. Once you figure that out, you can create and reproduce some of his products.

These books won't be printing any time soon. You can find them on Amazon for $1 dollar on up used. But once word gets out about his company no longer being in existence, these books may get swooped up.

Even if you are on the fence, you may want to consider picking up books 1 and 2. They might be ALL that is left of his legacy and company in the future.

Act now! If you decide later you don't want the books, then YOU can be the one to sell it for $200 dollars!

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I guess I'll be going to my local health food store to buy up all their White Camellia. That so far has been the best/only DC for DD. Dang! I ain't in the mood to be tryin' to find something new. WHY does this keep happening???

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL

Their honey suckle Rose and GBP protein conditioner were really good.

There it is. Now I'm using Giovanni and Joico. I miss Aubrey's old formulas.

I get so annoyed when companies change their formulas and not respond to customers asking for clarity.

Lucia

There it is. Now I'm using Giovanni and Joico. I miss Aubrey's old formulas.

I get so annoyed when companies change their formulas and not respond to customers asking for clarity.

They claimed the formula hadn't changed just the packaging and more detailed ingredient list.
:rolleyes: Yeah right like the customers wouldn't notice. As soon as I used the first new version of my fav conditioner I noticed then I read the old and new ones it's different, worked different and even looked different in color and consistency.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
They claimed the formula hadn't changed just the packaging and more detailed ingredient list.
:rolleyes: Yeah right like the customers wouldn't notice. As soon as I used the first new version of my fav conditioner I noticed then I read the old and new ones it's different, worked different and even looked different in color and consistency.

This! Almost everyone on the board experienced a change in results of their hair, so I didn't try the updates bottles. :cry3:

I posted about this a while back. Good luck trying to find anything on shelves NOW. Everything was on clearance when I looked.

And even then, they only had the new packaging left. :( Joico is great, but I did like my staple products to be all (or mostly) natural.

virtuenow

@virtuenow, I know that GPB is your "Boo Thang." Have you found a replacement for it?
@MileHighDiva thank you, THANK YOU for tagging me! I had no idea. I was just using my Ao GPB last night and thanking God for it. I'm about to buy a few cases. It is still the only thing (DC) that works on my hair. That and their White Camellia (WC)-- thanks to all the ladies that brag on the WC, I finally tried it and I'm in love. You all just don't know how excellent these products have been on my hair. Nothing, I mean, nothing compares. They are like relaxer on my hair and help knock out all the tangles. You know I'm about to act a fool! I mean I already basically buy by the case, but I'm on my last 2 bottles of WC and AoGpb. Omg!

naturalmanenyc

@virtuenow
Have you been using the new formula of GPB? I ordered a 2 oz sample a few weeks ago but it was the old packaging and formula.
Youtube videos I've seen show the new GPB as lighter in color and not as thick.

I only have 1 bottle of GPB left.

virtuenow

@virtuenow
Have you been using the new formula of GPB? I ordered a 2 oz sample a few weeks ago but it was the old packaging and formula.
Youtube videos I've seen show the new GPB as lighter in color and not as thick.

I only have 1 bottle of GPB left.

@naturalmanenyc yes, I use the new formula and love it. It is exactly the same on my hair. I was scared b/c I do not like change-- and have experienced products messing things up. But AO GPB is still perfect on my hair and does exactly what it did before the change. Its still thick, still creamy, still the best. Some bottles seem to be a looser texture, but it was like that before. White Camellia is excellent too.

naturalmanenyc

@naturalmanenyc yes, I use the new formula and love it. It is exactly the same on my hair. I was scared b/c I do not like change-- and have experienced products messing things up. But AO GPB is still perfect on my hair and does exactly what it did before the change. Its still thick, still creamy, still the best. Some bottles seem to be a looser texture, but it was like that before. White Camellia is excellent too.

Glad to know it's working the same for you!
I've been nervous.

@virtuenow Where are you ordering by the case?