so....who all suffers from hair anorexia?

do you or have you suffered from hair anorexia?

• yes I suffer from hair anorexia

Votes: 117 83.0%
  • no I dont suffer from hair from hair anorexia

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • I have had this issue in the past

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I have never had this issue

Votes: 8 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IMFOCSD

I recall reading posts where many ladies said that they suffer from hair anorexia - which is when you feel your hair is always short even after reaching your goal lengths. When I was SL (or shorter) I would read ladies say they were APL or longer but their hair still looked short to them. My thoughts at the time was..I would love to be APL which was long in my eyes back then lol.

Now that I have reached APL my hair still feels short but it looks long on other women and even though I get the "your hair is getting long" comments...i don't agree.

Anyone else feel this way about their hair? Share your thoughts :)

diadall

Sometimes I think some women
think they want longer hair when they want fuller hair.

If hair is thinner than desired it can make you feel as if you don't have enough.

But this is someone trying to get to APL.

MissAlinaRose

I co-sign naturalbeauty. I started my hhj wanting APL hair and now my goal is full waist. It's mainly the shrinkage telling me lies, but even still it just never feel long.

Aireen

I do and I am right now. I think for me it occurs at every other hair length marker I reach. At APL I had it but didn't at BSL then again at MBL, I'm hair anorexic. :sad: I probably won't feel that way at WL but to me I feel like APL again at MBL.

regina07

This is my problem! I'm aiming for tailbone but because my hair is fine, I feel I don't have much hair ... which translates to short hair.

Sometimes I think some women
think they want longer hair when they want fuller hair.

If hair is thinner than desired it can make you feel as if you don't have enough.

But this is someone trying to get to APL.

My Friend

I recently took some pics and I have looked at those pics over and over again. I can't believe that's my hair :nono: I think my camera is lying or my eyes are going bad :sad:

Ms. Tiki

My initial goal length was APL but when I got there it still looked short. Now I'm full BSL grazing WL & my hair feels super short. I'm texlaxed & the shrinkage is killing me as bad as it did when I was natural. My hair shrinks from BSL to SL:( Thickness isn't my issue

bride91501

I was a newbie when I first saw BostonMaria with her gorgeous WL strands admit to this hair anorexia foolishness....and I thought (with all due respect)... this heifer is crazy :nono: :lol:

Now? I'm eating those words. My hair is BSB and I still feel SL and unworthy *hangs head low* lol

Please forgive me BostonMaria? lol

Last edited:

BostonMaria

I was a newbie when I first saw @BostonMaria with her gorgeous WL strands admit to this hair anorexia foolishness....and I thought (with all due respect)... this heifer is crazy :nono: :lol:

Now? I'm eating those words. My hair is BSB and I still feel SL and unworthy *hangs head low* lol

Please forgive me @BostonMaria? lol

@bride91501 OMG :lachen::lachen::lachen:
I just laughed out loud!!! I read it to my daughter and she is cracking up :lol:

ETA: You are forgiven my child LOL :grin:

SmilingElephant

Yes....i have suffered and will always suffer from hairnorexia or hair anorexia. I had it when i was WL and its even worse now that i have big chopped and grown back to almost past APL! it will never go away....until i'm back to the days of having my hair caught in closed doors.

Experience that enough...it'll cure ya of what ails ya!:lol:

prettynatural

Think, Do, Be
Yea, i dont think i will be over mine anytime soon. Iam bsb/mbl and it is long but not enough. I want to get to a length I've never had.

aquajoyice

When I was relaxed I suffered from Hairnoexia. But since I started my transition that's a thing of the past. I'm more interested in seeing my hair big and full of body. Not to mention the major shrinkage I get forced me to stop being so worried about length.

CurlsBazillion

I'm barely APL but I can say with confidence that I'll have a bad case of hair anorexia. I can't stand all my old wigs cuz their too short compared to my 20in wig. My real hair might as well be a twa right now, I'm not seeing much of a difference at all. Go Long or Go Home smh.

Last edited:

IMFOCSD

I'm barely APL but I can with confidence that I'll have a bad case of hair anorexia. I can't stand all my old wigs cuz their too short compared to my 20in wig. My real hair might as well be a twa right now, I'm not seeing much of a difference at all. Go Long or Go Home smh.

:lol: :lol:

lustrous

Is there any one who used to be and made a conscious effort not to after the fact? It seems such a waste to chase inch after inch thinking, oh well when i'm "center of the earth- (past floor)" length i'll be happy. who's enjoying each new length and proud of it?

Anakinsmomma

I'm proud that my TWA is already past el when stretched in some parts. And the back is hitting where my shoulders and neck meet (not claiming nutthing, don't want another THats not SL-gate :lachen: ), so if I just kept the mullet length I'd be SL in no time. I'm gonna keep it trimmed to let the rest catch up though.

I think I do but it's mainly because my ends are thin. My hair is rather fine and once my hair reaches a certain length it looks so thin (also heat damage is an issue). I just can't see it as "long hair" even though it's like 25 inches because the ends are incomplete to me lol.
I also have a problem with the front being shorter, my hair grows in layers. My shortest front layer is like 18 inches and that gives me a "short hair feeling" lol.
I guess if I can get my hair to 30 inches I'll feel like I have "long hair" but it would probably be soooo thin. I think I'm going to make that my goal for 2012, 30 inches.
Okay, I got it all out now. lol

Last edited:

discodumpling

That would be me...& i'm not even ashamed. :lachen:This is one sickness I just don't have the time to "work" on. APL, once reached ain't really nothin when your surrounded by a sea of long haired heifers:lachen:

GIJane

Not me. My hair isn't long for me to even try to say I suffer from hair anorexia. Now if I was MBL or BSL talking about my hair isn't long. Then yeah I can say I'm suffering from hair anorexia or maybe need glasses.

Ms. Martina

I'm at APL and I feel bald. Well, not literally but I honestly feel like it is still very short. I guess bc I've always had at least bsl or mbl hair my entire life prior to big chopping last year. It seems like the longer it gets the more shrinkage I get too. I thought it was going to get hang time with length since my strands are thick and I have aloooot of hair on my scalp. Well, I have no hang time as of right now. I often feel like my curly hair doesn't look longer than it did last year when I big chopped. It just looks bigger and more poofy lol. When curly it hovers right above/on my shoulders despite being APL...ugh lol.