so....who all suffers from hair anorexia?

do you or have you suffered from hair anorexia?

• yes I suffer from hair anorexia

Votes: 117 83.0%
  • no I dont suffer from hair from hair anorexia

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • I have had this issue in the past

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I have never had this issue

Votes: 8 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

marta9227

I desperately wanted to just be apl for YEARS! I was stuck at Sl my whole adult life. Then with research and of course lhcf I got to bsl in a year. But am I happy? Nope. Hair anorexia. Today my husband told me out of the blue that my hair was really long while we were at church. He NEVER says that, it's always me telling him how many inches its grown and him saying "that's nice sweetie. " today he turns to me and says "wow, you're hair has got so long it looks like it's growing as we speak!" then he turned to a friend of ours and says "isn't her hair long? " it was awesome! God is good!

Sent from my evo 3d y'all!

Raspberry

Is there any one who used to be and made a conscious effort not to after the fact? It seems such a waste to chase inch after inch thinking, oh well when i'm "center of the earth- (past floor)" length i'll be happy. who's enjoying each new length and proud of it?

This is me.. can't wait for longer hair but it still looks darn good in the meantime and I'm gonna enjoy it; same goes for yall, there is so much awesome hair showcased on here daily at all lengths :yep:

Seamonster

I think I must suffer from the opposite. Every since my bald spots got to baby hair length, you can't tell me nothing. I am all on you tube showing my baby hairs, and sharing my recipes :lachen: :lachen:

IMFOCSD

I desperately wanted to just be apl for YEARS! I was stuck at Sl my whole adult life. Then with research and of course lhcf I got to bsl in a year. But am I happy? Nope. Hair anorexia. Today my husband told me out of the blue that my hair was really long while we were at church. He NEVER says that, it's always me telling him how many inches its grown and him saying "that's nice sweetie. " today he turns to me and says "wow, you're hair has got so long it looks like it's growing as we speak!" then he turned to a friend of ours and says "isn't her hair long? " it was awesome! God is

Sent from my evo 3d y'all!

This is a heart warming post...very sweet :)

I think I must suffer from the opposite. Every since my bald spots got to baby hair length, you can't tell me nothing. I am all on you tube showing my baby hairs, and sharing my recipes :lachen: :lachen:

Congrats on your accomplishments...I know you feel great!

Last edited:

naturalmanenyc

I definitely have hair anorexia. My hair is APL and still seems short to me. I had twists installed this weekend and the braider kept saying that my hair was long.

DH has long hair, waist length. I just do not think APL is long. Maybe if I was full BSL?:perplexed

I recall reading posts where many ladies said that they suffer from hair anorexia - which is when you feel your hair is always short even after reaching your goal lengths. When I was SL (or shorter) I would read ladies say they were APL or longer but their hair still looked short to them. My thoughts at the time was..I would love to be APL which was long in my eyes back then lol.

Now that I have reached APL my hair still feels short but it looks long on other women and even though I get the "your hair is getting long" comments...i don't agree.

Anyone else feel this way about their hair? Share your thoughts :)

IMFOCSD

I definitely have hair anorexia. My hair is APL and still seems short to me. I had twists installed this weekend and the braider kept saying that my hair was long.

DH has long hair, waist length. I just do not think APL is long. Maybe if I was full BSL?:perplexed

Wow ur DH has WL hair.....i would be so jealous lol...just kiddng. :)

SmileyNY

This is me. I'm currently MBL. After a length check, which I do twice a year, I'm usually excited about my progress. Then... After about a week, I'm not impressed. Sometimes I think those exact words when looking at my hair in the mirror. "Meh... I'm not impressed." :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
My SL hair appears extremely short to me. I think my problem is due to seeing all the long and thick tresses here on LHCF. You ladies give me hope but also low-hairesteem.

KurlyNinja

So far from the poll I can conclude that this "disease" is real therefore I want TLC to make this into a show (since they make a show about anything) and I would like to be on the 5th or 6th episode of it so I can make a quick come up. Now who has connections?

Eisani

Idk where I am. I used to suffer from hair anorexia, and still have my moments since I tend to wear my hair in a shrunken state 90% of the time. Add to the fact that after wl I no longer track progress or pay much attention. I had someone say I was tbl, but then I come here and hl is supposed to come before tbl? Aren't hips lower than the tailbone? Anyway, too much confusion to care now so to answer the question, I'm a recovering hair anorexic.

ChristmasCarol

So far from the poll I can conclude that this "disease" is real therefore I want TLC to make this into a show (since they make a show about anything) and I would like to be on the 5th or 6th episode of it so I can make a quick come up. Now who has connections?

KurlyNinja
:lol: :lachen: :lol:

I'm definitely hairnorexic. My hair looks APL to me, even though I can see it's not. Everyone else's hair looks soooo long - even if it's much shorter than mine.

I suffer from hair-length dysmorphic disorder, to be more precise.

itsallaboutattitude

Cancer Support in Health
I have length (pass my shoulders). I had two inches cut off last month so, I feel like I had a set back. My main issue is density. My hair is very thin in the front. I feel like I have patches of skin showing through.

When I do braids or twists they look so skinny and ugly.

I want thick hair like Ms-G and HairSoThick and AlinaRose.

NaiyaAi

I definitely have this. I've only been on my HHJ for a few months, and my hair has definitely grown since I started, but the front of my hair is much shorter than the back (due to wearing ponytails in the same spot, etc etc, when I was younger) so even though the longest part of my hair is grazing BSL now, I look at it and I really don't see that. If I wear my hair out, or with the front pulled back and the rest hanging down, my length shows, but when I'm ps-ing? *NY Italian accent* Fuggedaboutit! :ohwell:

Anakinsmomma

makemild said:
I have length (pass my shoulders). I had two inches cut off last month so, I feel like I had a set back. My main issue is density. My hair is very thin in the front. I feel like I have patches of skin showing through.

When I do braids or twists they look so skinny and ugly.

I want thick hair like Ms-G and HairSoThick and AlinaRose.

Alla dis right here!!! My hair looks so thin in the front it's slightly depressing.

ScorpioLove

i realized after reading this thread i have a similar problem, i do things for shedding alot (garlic nd black tea rinse) because i feel that my hair is so thin. but when i look at pictures its like someone elses hair. not to mention how short it looks since i have a good deal of texture in my hair

i have fine strands so it feels so "little" to me... maybe i will be okay when i get to mbl or wl

lovebug10

My hair is SL & in the back its between SL & APL. I know its not that long but its way longer than it was before (I had a NL bob). When I look in the mirror my hair feels and looks long. But in photos I feel like I've made no progress and it looks short to me. Maybe when I get to APL i'll stop thinking this way.

Taishan

I definitely have this off and on. I remember how before I joined Lhcf I was so in awe of my CBL hair and thinking how even though WL was my goal, having BSL hair would have me strutting like on was on one of those Fructis commercials. But now that I'm grazing BSL I don't feel like that at all. It's like my hair is still SL. It doesn't help that my buns look no thicker either.

naheda72

I have it. Just did a quick length check, because I haven't really been dealing/obsessing over my hair and low and behold and I WL(my goal for the past 5 years) and it still looks short. I NEVER thought I would say this, but I am going for HL. I think that will cure me. :grin:

anon123

My hair feels so short. But that's because for normal every day life, it is short. Shrinkage makes my waist length hair apl at best. Ah well.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Until I am a natural BSL, it's short. And when I get to BSL natural, I'll still not be satisfied, LOL!

Anakinsmomma

I keep thinking my hair is thin, but I took a pic this morning and it looks thick. And the braided bugged out her eyes a little after she blew it out :lol:

Mz.MoMo5235

~Le sigh~

I suffer from this big time. I never think my hair is long. I'm not even going to say what length I am now as I do not want to be pimp slapped lol

hannan

Sometimes I think some women
think they want longer hair when they want fuller hair.

If hair is thinner than desired it can make you feel as if you don't have enough.

But this is someone trying to get to APL.

I couldn't agree more! My hair is so fine and I don't have a lot of density. I'm currently at MBL but I feel like I would be more satisfied if I had thicker strands. There's something about swinging hair and having the weight to it that is just so :drool:.

I think that's why I keep changing my goal length. I should probably base it more on my non-straightened hair because it looks thicker and I keep it like that most of the time anyway.

An_gell

I am starting to feel this way. I couldn't wait for my hair to reach BSB and now that I am touchin it I still feel like my hair isn't long enough. :-/ Maybe midback I don't kno..lol! I'm proud either way, but I would love to hav waistlength hair.