So why did/do you want to grow out your hair?

Beany

I have a huge fat face (always have even when I was a size 0) so I feel like I need long hair to cover up some of this fullness.

NaiyaAi

I've never been able to stick with anything I've ever decided to do, and so this is kind of like my own little "Let's see how long I can make this last" project.

In addition, I've always been told (by people of different races) that I could never grow my hair long because I was black, and then I was told (by people of my own race) that I could never grow long hair because I was relaxed. I want to prove all of these people wrong (and then flick my hair right in their faces!) by growing long, healthy, relaxed hair.

AfrikanRose

I had long hair, and I want it back. My motivation for actually trying to grow out my hair the right way and not neglect it like a houseplant: My 2007 driver license photo. I look like a fugitive crackhead and my hair is sticking all over the place like a cactus, then I went home to clean up and it broke off. 5 years later (come May 23), I am at BSB, and I am not done yet... :)

My Friend

I had long hair, and I want it back. My motivation for actually trying to grow out my hair the right way and not neglect it like a houseplant: My 2007 driver license photo. I look like a fugitive crackhead and my hair is sticking all over the place like a cactus, then I went home to clean up and it broke off. 5 years later (come May 23), I am at BSB, and I am not done yet... :)

:lachen:iDied

I'm so glad your bsb now.

LexaKing

NaiyaAi said:
I've never been able to stick with anything I've ever decided to do, and so this is kind of like my own little "Let's see how long I can make this last" project.

In addition, I've always been told (by people of different races) that I could never grow my hair long because I was black, and then I was told (by people of my own race) that I could never grow long hair because I was relaxed. I want to prove all of these people wrong (and then flick my hair right in their faces!) by growing long, healthy, relaxed hair.

NaiyaAi I feel you on this! It is absolutely possible for us to grow long healthy relaxed hair!

LivingInPeace

My longest layers are just past my collarbone. I guess that's shoulder length? The longest my hair has ever been was shoulder length when I was relaxed. I'm working to get to bra strap length as a personal challenge. I never knew anything...anything...anything about taking care of my hair when I was relaxed. Now that I'm natural, I'm really focused on healthy hair practices.

I've always wanted long hair but I thought that I needed the long hair gene to have it. I think that since I have a round face(moon face according to my husband) I would look better with longer hair.