Soft bonnet hair dryer! Help

sweetcashew

I'm thinking of getting a soft bonnet hair dryer but I'm wondering if this will be a good purchase. I'm usually too busy to be confined to the hard hat hooded dryer so I thought this would be a good choice for a little more flexibility.
Does anyone here use this on a regular basis? What's a good brand to purchase? Will I have problems with my extra large magnetic rollers? I really need to start roller setting my hair again and since my regular dryer died I've been missing my roller sets.
TIA for your help.

Miss_Jetsetter

I'm actually under mine right now....

It's called Ion Soft Bonnet dryer and it is sold at Sally's Beauty Supply.

I LOVE it. To me it's the best thing since sliced bread. Being that I travel approx 2 weeks a month, and i pack it up in my luggage with minimal space. Also, it accomodates VERY large rollers with no problems. Nothing like being able to rollerset you hair in a hotel while out on a trip!

The high setting gets REALLY HOT. So hot sometimes that although I generally crave a fast setting time, I can't take the heat :(. i I end up using the medium setting which usually dries my rollersets in an hour flat :)

I've had mine for around 4 months now and I use it probably once a week. I haven't had any problems out of this dryer and I would def. reccommend it to others.

It looks really strange, but it gets the job done!

amy1234

I purchased mine from Sally's, it's by carel. But I rarely use it because I like to dry my rollersets overnight.

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
Co-signing on the Ion Dryer. Like Miss_Jetsetter commented, the high setting really is too hot, but the cool and medium settings are great. It does have a very...interesting design so I feel like an extra on Star Trek with it on :lol: , but I LOVE it. :love:

divinefavor

I love the Ion Soft Bonnet Dryer sold at Sally's. However, I'm torn, because I've already been through two of them. Both died on me. The first one at 3 months and the second only after 1 1/2 months. So, I'm still uncertain if I want to purchase another one. I was able to get my money back though. And, Sally's offers a warranty now.

Angelicus

I had the Carel one from Sally's. It never got the crown of my head dry. Good look with the the Ion Dryer (I heard it breaks very easily). Also, pleaseee don't go to sleep with it on. My girlfriend's melted on her while she was sleeping.

sweetcashew

anky said:
I had the Carel one from Sally's. It never got the crown of my head dry. Good look with the the Ion Dryer (I heard it breaks very easily). Also, pleaseee don't go to sleep with it on. My girlfriend's melted on her while she was sleeping.

Wow :eek: that's scary! I don't ever sleep under a dryer. I've had two dryers explode while I was using it. So I'm very weary of them.

sweetcashew

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Divinefavor, that's not good at all. Both of them lasted such a short time? I won't buy that again. I need one that's going to give me at least 3 years out of it.

Last edited:

Miss_Jetsetter

Hey sweet, i really think that it's hit or miss with those dryers. I've had mine for maybe 4 months now and I have yet to have a problem with it (knock on wood)

sherann

I use one by Hot Tools. I have had it for about 5 years now. It does accomodate large rollers and the high setting feels like a medium setting (which is fine by me).

sky_blu

Miss_Jetsetter said:
Hey sweet, i really think that it's hit or miss with those dryers. I've had mine for maybe 4 months now and I have yet to have a problem with it (knock on wood)

Miss JS, can I just say your hair grows so fast :eek: What is your secret?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have the ION Soft Bonnett dryer and it works well but Ive had some problems with it starting up after being used for awhile. I thought I was going to have to buy another dryer but it just started working one day out of the blue. I think you get what you pay for and you can definitely get your money out of it.

aileenadq

ITA in the ion dryer. I've had mine for a year. I would never sleep with any electrical thing.

OT: Sweer Cashew: I LOVE your wash n go! What pretty waves. What did you put in your hair for a leave in?

divinefavor

sweetcashew said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Divinefavor, that's not good at all. Both of them lasted such a short time? I won't buy that again. I need one that's going to give me at least 3 years out of it.

I know what you mean...that's why I'm so torn. It's really good aside from the fact that they don't last long. I'm wondering if it's because I have hooked the in the same surge protector as my computer and other things. maybe it's too much power for it at one time. Geesh, with my fine hair and ion soft bonnet dryer, my hair would dry in 30 minutes. I wish I could find one comparable to it.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I can't wait to try mine. I'm worried now though because I didn't get the warranty.....I didn't know they broke so easily.