Soft Bonnet Hair Dryers

Lindy

I'm using my new Gold N Hot Soft Bonnet Dryer for the first time today, based on good reviews on this forum... I'm sorry but this dryer seems ridiculous to me!! First of all, the stupid bonnet is HUGE and it cannot even be tightened so that it fits properly over the rollers... it feels like all the air is at the back where the hose is... and it seems like my hair is probably NEVER going to dry properly using this foolishness. :nono:

With the soft bonnet dryer that I had in the past (YEARS ago)... I'm pretty sure the hood was fitted, so you could put it snugly over the rollers and tuck it behind your ears, kind of like a really big, thick shower cap ... this big idiotic cap cannot even be put behind my ears... WTH is this crap??? :wallbash:

Last edited:

~~HoneyComb~~

Please don't tell me this, I just purchased this on Friday because of the good reviews I heard about it. I originally purchased the Carel and took it back because a few of the members said it wasn't that great. I'm going to try it this weekend and see how it works. If it doesn't work, back to Sally's it goes.

Lindy

Well, okay.... it is getting quite hot now... But I'm still definitely not digging how this cap feels on my head, but hopefully it will at least dry my hair within 90 minutes or so... I'll report back later... :look:

AsTheCurlzTurns

I'm hoping & praying it's like with other appliances, where on first time use, it may not do as stated, but will for subsequent uses. You know how if you buy a brand new iron, and when you first plug it in, you smell like a burnt smell before you've ever used it? Then after that, it doesn't happen anymore. I've heard no bad reviews on this soft bonnet dryer so I'd like to know what your review is once your hair dries.

Lindy

I stayed with it on for over 90 mins. and when I took the rollers out, a whole section of my hair was still damp... :perplexed

I really hate the way that cap is... I'm NOT pleased with my purchase. And I bought it at one of those small BSS, so i can't even return it... :look:

Whoever said that you could lie down and read or sleep with this thing on... HUH??!! How is this possible with the hot hose sticking off the back of your head, and the cap not fitting on your head properly? :nono: UGGGHHH...

Last edited:

charmtreese

I swear by my ConairPro bonnet attachment. I have a Ion blowdryer I hook that bad boy up to it, set my alarm for a hour and a half and Im good to go!!!

silkii_locks

Wal-Mart has a great soft-bonnet dryer that's about $27.
it's got a HUGE bonnet that's not plastic... i dunno what to call it... vinyl, maybe? i can fit under it with the hugebig purple magnetic rollers and clips.

here's a link to it online:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6023380

i have it, and it works pretty well considering the price.
I have the same dryer as well and wouldn't trade it for anything. This is the only dryer that I give reviews on.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Wal-Mart has a great soft-bonnet dryer that's about $27.
it's got a HUGE bonnet that's not plastic... i dunno what to call it... vinyl, maybe? i can fit under it with the hugebig purple magnetic rollers and clips.

here's a link to it online:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6023380

i have it, and it works pretty well considering the price.

I have the gold Select Pro like this but it's made a little different. I love it. I was looking at this one but I was iffy on the size of the bonnet......for some reason to me it looked small. I use the huge black rollers (sometimes gray)and I don't think they would fit.

silkii_locks

I have the gold Select Pro like this but it's made a little different. I love it. I was looking at this one but I was iffy on the size of the bonnet......for some reason to me it looked small. I use the huge black rollers (sometimes gray)and I don't think they would fit.

I use the large grey rollers as well and I also have a big head:blush: and everything fits nicely underneath with room to spare. Check out my rollerset album for pics. http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=18890643&uid=10537045

ItsyBitsy

I have the same dryer as well and wouldn't trade it for anything. This is the only dryer that I give reviews on.

Silkii, I got this dryer based on your review & I must say I am really happy I got it. This makes the whole drying process so better! Everytime I put it one within minutes I'm sleep. I wake up an hour & a half later with dry hair....You can't beat that :grin:
Thanks Silkii :kiss:

silkii_locks

Silkii, I got this dryer based on your review & I must say I am really happy I got it. This makes the whole drying process so better! Everytime I put it one within minutes I'm sleep. I wake up an hour & a half later with dry hair....You can't beat that :grin:
Thanks Silkii :kiss:
That's awesome! I'm so glad it worked for you, to me it's just the best thing ever. So convenient and comfortable and that's what really matters to me b/c I'm usually worn out from the pre-poo, shampoo, deep condition then the rollerset after all that all I want to do is relax and this dryer allows me do just that.:yep:

ItsyBitsy

That's awesome! I'm so glad it worked for you, to me it's just the best thing ever. So convenient and comfortable and that's what really matters to me b/c I'm usually worn out from the pre-poo, shampoo, deep condition then the rollerset after all that all I want to do is relax and this dryer allows me do just that.:yep:

ITA!
As much as I wanted to jump on the pibbs bandwagon, I'm glad I let it roll on by. This is a hit..... all for a whopping $26 :yawn:

noemi

Not to rain on the parade, but I had the same bonnet...Thank goodness it broke, because it was all the reason I needed to get my PIBBS!!!:grin:

tenjoy

ITA!
As much as I wanted to jump on the pibbs bandwagon, I'm glad I let it roll on by. This is a hit..... all for a whopping $26 :yawn:

Awww girl......you know u want a pibby :eyebrows2:eyebrows2:eyebrows2. Tell you what, when that shipment come in, imma pm u. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

~~HoneyComb~~

I stayed with it on for over 90 mins. and when I took the rollers out, a whole section of my hair was still damp... :perplexed

I really hate the way that cap is... I'm NOT pleased with my purchase. And I bought it at one of those small BSS, so i can't even return it... :look:

Whoever said that you could lie down and read or sleep with this thing on... HUH??!! How is this possible with the hot hose sticking off the back of your head, and the cap not fitting on your head properly? :nono: UGGGHHH...

So sorry this happened, I'm going to use mine this week and if I have the same experience, it's going back.

Msmia

Thank you ladies for suggesting this dryer!! I love it. It goes hot and my hair only takes about 1.5 hours to dry. And I am able to do so much while sitting on the dryer, like sleep, read, play on the computer, etc. Thank you so much!