Someone get in here and help me!

~Hair~Fetish~

I'm 7 weeks post, and I know that's not a long stretch according to LHCF's standards, but I'm dying to relax my hair because my NG is off the chain! The longest I've ever stretched is 10 weeks, and I've been co-washing almost daily. Someone please either talk me into or out of relaxing! I need some inspiration. :pullhair:

ceebee3

How are you wearing your hair? If you want to stretch longer can you braid it and leave it alone or try a new style.

Stretching is not for everyone so if you want to relax just do it, 7 weeks is better than 4.

7 weeks!!! Put that relaxer down and take those gloves off right now.:fistshake:

Girl, you still got a while to go :timer: .

You don't have breakage...right? If not, your hair can continue to stretch for a while longer. I know it's getting kinda thick up there but just keep conditioning, and using that scarf. You can do it. :bighug:

mrsjohnson75

Gosh your hair is pretty :)

Don't relax just do low maintenance from now on. If you want to continue to cowash then wet bun, braidouts, twistouts, bantu knots could be your styling options.

~Hair~Fetish~

How are you wearing your hair? If you want to stretch longer can you braid it and leave it alone or try a new style.

Stretching is not for everyone so if you want to relax just do it, 7 weeks is better than 4.

I've either been sporting a ponytail, up-do, or just air-drying and leaving it alone. It's just so thick and bushy! :nono:

~Hair~Fetish~

7 weeks!!! Put that relaxer down and take those gloves off right now.:fistshake:

Girl, you still got a while to go :timer: .

You don't have breakage...right? If not, your hair can continue to stretch for a while longer. I know it's getting kinda thick up there but just keep conditioning, and using that scarf. You can do it. :bighug:

No, no breakage, but I've been moisturizing and conditioning like crazy. I want to be BSL so badly I can taste it. Thanks for the encouragement. :yep:

Lady Esquire

I'm 7 weeks post, and I know that's not a long stretch according to LHCF's standards, but I'm dying to relax my hair because my NG is off the chain! The longest I've ever stretched is 10 weeks, and I've been co-washing almost daily. Someone please either talk me into or out of relaxing! I need some inspiration. :pullhair:

Hey Brown. Maybe the daily co-washing is too much. Sometimes leaving the new growth alone is best. You can wash weekly, then: 1) flat iron in small sections, 2) rollerset, or 3) do a braidout/twistout. What ever you decide to do, try to just leave it alone.

A lot of stretchers find that straightening the NG and blending in the two textures, they can survive a few more weeks. Just concentrate on keeping the demarcation line strong, and you should be fine.

Have you been using a scarf at all? Let me tell you when I wash my hair, I dry them in plaits, put curlers on the ends so they don't dry out then put my scarf on and go to bed. In th morning, I take out the plaits and then put the scarf on again while I get ready. When all is said and done the new growth is not noticeable to me at least. The scarf really compacts that new growth and makes it lay flat. I am currently six months post and I remember a few times i thought I couldn't do it and it was usually when I rollerset and my roots were dry, bushy and annoying. I don't think my natural hair likes much heat b/c it takes so long to dry, also maybe I need to find some products to make my new growth look good when I rollerset this far in my stretch.

~Hair~Fetish~

Gosh your hair is pretty :)

Don't relax just do low maintenance from now on. If you want to continue to cowash then wet bun, braidouts, twistouts, bantu knots could be your styling options.

Hey Brown. Maybe the daily co-washing is too much. Sometimes leaving the new growth alone is best. You can wash weekly, then: 1) flat iron in small sections, 2) rollerset, or 3) do a braidout/twistout. What ever you decide to do, try to just leave it alone.

A lot of stretchers find that straightening the NG and blending in the two textures, they can survive a few more weeks. Just concentrate on keeping the demarcation line strong, and you should be fine.

Thanks Ms Lady. :yep: I've been on a personal mission to stay away from the blowfryer and flat irons, though I will use the diffuser attachment on low sometimes. I've noticed that I have a lot less breakage since I've stopped "cooking" my hair so much.

~Hair~Fetish~

Have you been using a scarf at all? Let me tell you when I wash my hair, I dry them in plaits, put curlers on the ends so they don't dry out then put my scarf on and go to bed. In th morning, I take out the plaits and then put the scarf on again while I get ready. When all is said and done the new growth is not noticeable to me at least. The scarf really compacts that new growth and makes it lay flat. I am currently six months post and I remember a few times i thought I couldn't do it and it was usually when I rollerset and my roots were dry, bushy and annoying. I don't think my natural hair likes much heat b/c it takes so long to dry, also maybe I need to find some products to make my new growth look good when I rollerset this far in my stretch.

Yes, the scarf is a lifesaver!:yep:

Lady Esquire

Thanks Ms Lady. :yep: I've been on a personal mission to stay away from the blowfryer and flat irons, though I will use the diffuser attachment on low sometimes. I've noticed that I have a lot less breakage since I've stopped "cooking" my hair so much.

Yeah, I can definitely relate. If you're committed to the no direct heat regimen, have you tried the scarf method with your bunning?

Ladybug33

I feel your pain-- I am 11 weeks post and I am soo tired of feeling "ugly" I don't know if I want to hold out some more, tex-lax or what. I'm not having major breakage but I am shedding like a beast and I have fine hair so I'm getting nervous.

~Hair~Fetish~

I feel your pain-- I am 11 weeks post and I am soo tired of feeling "ugly" I don't know if I want to hold out some more, tex-lax or what. I'm not having major breakage but I am shedding like a beast and I have fine hair so I'm getting nervous.

Well I deep conditioned under the steamer last night, and I guess my NG is behaving since I mentioned the word "relaxer" :grin:... so maybe I'll try to hold off another couple of weeks. We'll see :rolleyes:

sharifeh

lol
if you're having no breakage, consider yourself lucky and keep going!
just DC and maybe cowash less often
make it at least to 8 or 9 weeks
you can do it!