(!!!) Something That'll Make You Think...Too Deep To Not Check It Out (!!!)

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I received this from my dad through e-mail...

Would you run?

Imagine this happening to you...

One Sunday morning during service, a 2,000 member congregation was
surprised to see two men enter, both covered from head to toe in black
and carrying submachine guns.

One of the men proclaimed, "Anyone willing to take a bullet for Christ remain where you are."

Immediately, the choir fled...

The deacons fled...

And most of the congregation fled....

Out of the 2,000 there only...

Remained around 20.

The man who had spoken took off his hood...

He then looked at the preacher and said "Okay Pastor, I got rid of all
the hypocrites... Now you may begin your service. Have a nice day!"

And the two men turned and walked out.

TOO DEEP TO NOT PASS ON...

*Funny how simple it is for people to trash God ...
and then wonder why the world is in the condition it is today....

*Funny how we believe what the newspapers say...
But question what the Bible says...

*Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven...
Provided they do not have to believe, think, say, or do anything the Bible says.

or is it scary?

*Funny how someone can say "I believe in God"...
But still follow Satan (who, by the way, also "believes" in God).

*Funny how you can send a thousand 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire...
but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, you think twice about sharing.

*Funny how the lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene pass freely through
cyberspace...
But the public discussion of Jesus is suppressed in the school and work place.

*Funny, isn't it? Funny how someone can be so fired up for Christ on
Sunday...
but be an invisible Christian the rest of the week.

Are you laughing?

*Funny how when you go to forward this message...
You will not send it to many on your address list because you're not sure what they believe...
Or what they will think of you for sending it to them.

*Funny how I can be more worried about what other people think of me...
... Than what God thinks of me.

Are you thinking?

Will you share this with people you care about?
Or not?

I picked you~

May the Lord bless you and keep you,
May the Lord make His face to shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
May the Lord lift up His favor upon you
And give you His peace.

THIS IS A GOOD MESSAGE PASS IT ON 2 FRIENDS AND FAMILY...I hope you share it.

MrsQueeny

I love this story Poohbear. My Pastor tells it but it is only one man and instead he says something like "okay now we can really have church"!!!

cybra

That was awesome, PB. I was saying as I was reading, "I wouldn't run, I would sit right there and give God the praise I came to give him." But I am sure many people would flee. I figure like this, we wouldn't go up into someone's house unless they are home, right? So, if I'm in the Lord's house I'm sure he would be there. Thus, it would be Him alone who would determine what would happen to me, not some gunman. Right?

That was so good! :)

Poohbear

cybra said:
I figure like this, we wouldn't go up into someone's house unless they are home, right? So, if I'm in the Lord's house I'm sure he would be there. Thus, it would be Him alone who would determine what would happen to me, not some gunman. Right?
You're right! So true! :yep:

DelightfulFlame

I know most of you might not agree with me, but I would run. Why would I stay? To risk being killed for what? That is crazy to say that you are a hypocrite because you do not stay.

Jesus and the apostles often had to run for their lives. They didn't sit around and say, "I'm taking a bullet for God", when they knew they had greater missions for God to do. When it was truly time according to God's will, Jesus gave up His life for our lives. Not just to prove a point that doesn't need proving anyway.

Sweet_Ambrosia

DelightfulFlame said:
I know most of you might not agree with me, but I would run. Why would I stay? To risk being killed for what? That is crazy to say that you are a hypocrite because you do not stay.
Jesus and the apostles often had to run for their lives. They didn't sit around and say, "I'm taking a bullet for God", when they knew they had greater missions for God to do. When it was truly time according to God's will, Jesus gave up His life for our lives. Not just to prove a point that doesn't need proving anyway.

ITA..I would run & not look back!

Isis

Interesting points by all... In real life, look what happened at Columbine (in Colorado) a few years ago with the massacre of students and teachers by two boys (whom I believe were influenced by evil forces). One of the boys presented a similar question to certain students, to test their faith in Jesus.

I believe God knows our hearts totally and completely. If I was in a life and death situation and I intuitively felt the need to run, I will honor those feelings because I know they are from God too.

DelightfulFlame

cybra said:
So, if I'm in the Lord's house I'm sure he would be there.

Acts 7
48Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet

Acts 17
24God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

pebbles

DelightfulFlame said:
Acts 7
48Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet

Acts 17
24God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Acts 7:48 occurs right before Stephen is stoned. The point being made there is that the Jews disobeyed the law of God, and in so doing drove HIM away. Exodus 40:34-38 clearly tells us that when Moses built the temple, God's glory graciously dwelt in the holy of holies. Again, when Solomon built the temple God's glory came in. 1 Kings 8:10-11.

In Acts 17:24, Paul was talking about the greatness of the Lord, saying that He is not a distant God, separated from His creation, nor is He imprisoned locked in creation. He is willing and able to attend to the need of his people. Paul was saying that God is too great to be housed or confined in man made temples.

Don't forget, Matthew 18:20 tells us that where two or three are gathered in His name, so shall He be in their midst. And since we know that God is not a man that He should lie, nor the son of man that He should repent, (Num 23:19), if He has spoken it, He will do it. So yes, when the saints gather to praise God in truth and in spirit, whether it be in church or in any other gathering, our Heavenly Father is present.

Great post, Poohbear! :)

DelightfulFlame

pebbles said:
God is too great to be housed or confined in man made temples.

Exactly my point.

1 Corinthians 6:19 (KJV)
19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Where I am, the Spirit of God is. Not just when I'm at church.

Poohbear

DelightfulFlame said:
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
This verse is in reference to sexual immorality. When Paul says this, he is talking about how our bodies belong to God and that we should not do whatever we want with our bodies, such as engaging in sexual desires outside of marriage. ;)

Poohbear

DelightfulFlame said:
Acts 17

This verse wasn't saying God doesn't dwell in the church today and he wasn't saying God is too great to be housed or confined in man made temples. You can not read this verse separately without reading the whole scripture which is verses 16-34 which talks about Paul telling about the unknown God. During this time, the Athenians built an idol to the unknown god for fear of missing blessings or receiving punishment. Paul's opening statement in verse 23 to the men was about their unknown god. Paul was not endorsing this god, but using the inscription as a point of entry for his witness to the one true God. See, these Athenians were ignorantly worshipping in their temples. When verse 24 says "God...dwelleth not in temples made with hands", that's because the Athenians were not worshipping the one true God but an unknown god in their temples. I hope that makes that verse more understandable.;)

Last edited:

pebbles

DelightfulFlame said:
Exactly my point.

19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Where I am, the Spirit of God is. Not just when I'm at church.

Delightful, the scripture you posted has to do with sexual immorality. It's not related to the previous text you posted. And you have taken the post I made out of context. It does not support your argument that God is not in church or where the saints gather. I tried to explain it, but perhaps if you go back and read Acts 17 in it's entirety, you'll see what was really being said.

Last edited:

mkstar826

supersonic
DelightfulFlame said:

:clapping::clapping:

This story doesn't make sense to me. I mean I see the point that's trying to be put out but I don't agree. I would have run also. Because if someone is holding a gun to my head or comes into a building where I am and holds up a gun threatening me and trying to prove how faithful I am, they are obviously not of God (or should I say not acting very godly in the moment) anyway so why would I stay there? It's backwards...

Last edited:

Nyambura

surfer girl
Thanks for the post, PoohBear. :) At times, I do find myself hesitating to e-mail messages about the Lord to people whose faith I don't know. For those friends who are Jewish, Hindu or Muslim, I do wonder how they would receive it. Sometimes I wonder where the line is between sharing my faith and imposing on those who don't care to hear it. It's funny b/c in my experience, the most resistance I've observed has come from people who were born into Christian families but abandoned the faith. Ok, I'll stop yammering now. :look:

Poohbear

DelightfulFlame said:
Is the Spirit of God within or does it live in a church building?
John 4:21-24 talks about God is a Spirit meaning He is not a physical being limited to one place. He is present EVERYWHERE (whether within a person or in a church building) and He can be worshipped anywhere and at anytime. It is not where we worship that counts, but how we worship. It all depends on these factors: Is your worship genuine and real? Do you have the Holy Spirit's help? How does the Holy Spirit help us worship? The Holy Spirit prays for us, teaches us the words of Christ, and tells us we are loved.;)

pebbles

Poohbear said:
John 4:21-24 talks about God is a Spirit meaning He is not a physical being limited to one place. He is present EVERYWHERE (whether within a person or in a church building) and He can be worshipped anywhere and at anytime. It is not where we worship that counts, but how we worship. It all depends on these factors: Is your worship genuine and real? Do you have the Holy Spirit's help? How does the Holy Spirit help us worship? The Holy Spirit prays for us, teaches us the words of Christ, and tells us we are loved.;)

Exactly! GOD is Omnipresent. HE's everywhere, particularly where worship is, whether it's in a church or elsewhere. :)

DelightfulFlame

Poohbear said:

ITA. The confusion for me is if the Spirit is everywhere and in everything already, then how can you not have the Holy Spirit's help (as you asked above as a factor for deciding how you are worshipping). Technically, the Spirit is already there in you and where ever/ whatever you do anyhow. And people that do evil, the Spirit is in them too...correct?

Poohbear

DelightfulFlame said:
ITA. The confusion for me is if the Spirit is everywhere and in everything already, then how can you not have the Holy Spirit's help (as you asked above as a factor for deciding how you are worshipping). Technically, the Spirit is already there in you and where ever/ whatever you do anyhow. And people that do evil, the Spirit is in them too...correct?
I never said "you can not have the Holy Spirit's help". Everyone NEEDS the Holy Spirit's help in any situation...
As far as people who do evil...can you be more specific? Are you talking about Christians who sin or just unsaved people who do wrong??? For Christians who sin... all Christians have done wrong and do wrong...when we do wrong, we are not allowing the Holy Spirit within us to guide us in the right way. For people who are unsaved and do wrong, they do not have the Holy Spirit since they have not accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior of their life. So they are just guided by their own beliefs/morals/etc. Does that explain your questions???

DelightfulFlame

Nope. I'm still confused. If the Spirit of God is everywhere and in everything, then how do we invite it in since it is already there?

What is the difference b/w the Spirit of God that is everywhere and in everything already, and the Spirit of God that we have to invite in? This is what is confusing me.

Poohbear

DelightfulFlame said:
Nope. I'm still confused. If the Spirit of God is everywhere and in everything, then how do we invite it in since it is already there?

What is the difference b/w the Spirit of God that is everywhere and in everything already, and the Spirit of God that we have to invite in? This is what is confusing me.
Okay... when people say a phrase like "invite or receive the Holy Spirit", they mean "use the Holy Spirit within you" to get your blessing, to experience his presence, to guide you, or etc. Sometimes, we will allow the Holy Spirit to be inactive while at other times it's active. When the Holy Spirit is inactive, that doesn't mean the Holy Spirit is not already there....just like a dormant volcano that's not ready to errupt yet. Does that clear your confusion??? :grin: ;)

DelightfulFlame

But don't you have to be guided by the Spirit to activate Spirit? This is really shedding the light on the fact that I need to do another study on the Spirit b/c I am thoroughly confused.

Not to mention, Jesus said He was sending the Holy Spirit as a comforter for us after He left. So was He sending the same Spirit that was already here?

Poohbear

DelightfulFlame said:
But don't you have to be guided by the Spirit to activate Spirit? This is really shedding the light on the fact that I need to do another study on the Spirit b/c I am thoroughly confused.
No, you have to have the Spirit within you to activate the Spirit. But all I know is no one is perfect and no one lives by the Spirit completely and wholeheartedly at all times. That's the only way I can explain that question.

Not to mention, Jesus said He was sending the Holy Spirit as a comforter for us after He left. So was He sending the same Spirit that was already here?
God is three-in-one (trinity)...the Father, the Son (Jesus), and the Holy Spirit. Just like God sent us Jesus, Jesus sent us the Holy Spirit...but they are all the same! :yep: It's a very complex concept so I would recommend studying the Bible on "Trinity" and maybe ask your pastor/minister to get a better understanding on the Holy Spirit. ;)

DelightfulFlame

Poohbear said:

God is three-in-one (trinity)...the Father, the Son (Jesus), and the Holy Spirit. Just like God sent us Jesus, Jesus sent us the Holy Spirit...but they are all the same! :yep: It's a very complex concept so I would recommend studying the Bible on "Trinity" and maybe ask your pastor/minister to get a better understanding on the Holy Spirit. ;)

LOL...thanks but talking to them is why I'm confused now. God will show me like always. :)

Poohbear

DelightfulFlame said:
LOL...thanks but talking to them is why I'm confused now. God will show me like always. :)
Oh really? I'm sorry to hear that. But I admire your perserverance in learning about the word of God and wanting to understand and know what it means. Just keep pressing on with your strength and faith! ;)