Soo I found a good stylist and she is still in beauty school

gymfreak336

So I was still feeling kinda weird about my hair disaster and cut so I went to Leons beauty school to get a wash and set since it only cost 8 bucks. Well when got there and the girl, her name is Faithe, started asking questions about what I normally do and what not. I went ahead and told her to relax it. She used hemp grease on my scalp and sprayed a mix of conditioner and water on the ends of my hair. She relaxed the back first and rinsed and did the front. She then applied moisture maniac (I think that it the name of it) and left it in for 5-10 minutes. She proceeded to set it on medium sized rollers and sat me under the dryer. I left extremely please with my hair and her manner. I guess because she is still in school she is really eager to please and it shows. I guess she is also not tainted with stupid hair growth myths and practices because she is surrounded my other students who have relatively open minds and ready to learn and more receptive to feedback from clients. I felt that she respected what I had to say and made sure that my hair was being well cared for in each step of the relaxer without making comments like some stylist do trying to imply that certain things you might ask for (like extra conditioner) are unneccesary. All in all it only cost me 30 bucks. I tipped her 5 and told her that I will be back next week. I for wash and deep conditioning treatment it will only cost me 13 bucks so I think I will be going weekly to her until her graduates with will be in 6 weeks. Then she will have to just come to my house:grin:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
See, just goes to show that having certain credentials doesn't mean a thing when it comes to hair. Shoot, I even feel like many of us on the board know more about hair than some of the "professionals" out there.

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
That's good, you can get her on the up and up- be her long time customer and help prevent those myths from taking