Sooo...How are you feeling about your hair progress right now?

Brownie518

I'm actually feeling alright right now. After chopping off about 4 inches or so right before Christmas to just above shoulder, I am already past shoulder and counting. My hair is fuller and healthier than it has ever been right now. My main concern, as always, is my nape. It's growing faster now but it can get so dry sometimes. I have been working on it and it's much better lately. All of this could change at the drop of a hat, so I keep my fingers crossed.

growinstrong

Den1, my progress sounds exactly like yours :yep:. My goal is MBL by Dec 18. I should be BSL by my next relaxer (2 weeks). Its already touching the top right now and I have a loooooot of NG. Shedding has always been a problem for me, but I dont know how to solve that one :ohwell:. I take vitamins, do my protein treatments and DC with every wash, so I'm at wits ends and just give up on the shedding. As long as globs arent coming out and my ponytail seems to look the same if not thicker, so I'm not gonna worry. so all in all, my progress is just blah.

I'm satisfied with the current length of top of bra-strap, however i'm also quite nervous, because my hair is at the point where i always end up hacking it off, due to the ends going rough.

So i'm being sensible and keeping it braided, which has been proven to work for me. My hair has lost thickness, due to a very stressful year 2007. i've started taking my vitamins three weeks ago, so when i remove my weave i expect less shedding and thicker hair. I'm am 100% certain, if i keep up my regimen i will reach my ultimate goal no later than DEC 2008.

isisalisa

my camera is broken I wish I could show you my progress. But I have to say that I was looking crazy the last couple of months but it did payoff. thank yo.u everyone

kiesha8185

GOOD
  • Since I've started drinking Nutrament and taking fish oil, my hair has been getting thicker, and I don't wanna jinx it...but I think it's growing faster than usual. Within the first of week of fish oil, my scalp is itching like crazy, my scalp is a little sore, and I feel like there are bugs crawling around on my head or something (yes my hair is clean and clarified!). This is a pleasant surprise because I was not trying to increase my growth rate.
  • I am at 9 weeks post...43 more weeks to go, and I'm lovin it! My hair looks a little shorter cuz of the new growth, but doesn't look thin. I'm lovin the waves I'm getting at my hairline cuz I've never had them before :grin: I keep playing in my new growth.
  • I've finally found my staples and I'm so happy that they're cheap!
I thank God for my progress!

BAD
  • My uneven "layers" :nono: My hair would been so much fuller if I didn't have them, and it's driving me crazy :wallbash: I can't wait till the end of the year to cut them off.

NYAmicas

Seeker
Well when I see pics from months ago compared to now I get excited about the length.
I havent been taking good care of it like I should have
The bangs I gave myself was not such a great idea after all.
I want to color it so bad but I'm afraid to.

NYAmicas

Seeker
GOOD

• Since I've started drinking Nutrament and taking fish oil, my hair has been getting thicker, and I don't wanna jinx it...but I think it's growing faster than usual. Within the first of week of fish oil, my scalp is itching like crazy, my scalp is a little sore, and I feel like there are bugs crawling around on my head or something (yes my hair is clean and clarified!). This is a pleasant surprise because I was not trying to increase my growth rate.
  • I am at 9 weeks post...43 more weeks to go, and I'm lovin it! My hair looks a little shorter cuz of the new growth, but doesn't look thin. I'm lovin the waves I'm getting at my hairline cuz I've never had them before :grin: I keep playing in my new growth.
  • I've finally found my staples and I'm so happy that they're cheap!
I thank God for my progress!

BAD

• My uneven "layers" :nono: My hair would been so much fuller if I didn't have them, and it's driving me crazy :wallbash: I can't wait till the end of the year to cut them off.

I'm so jealous of your progress. I so wish I could do half the months you're achieving. You hair looks super shiny and great in your pics!:yep:

NYLegalNewbie

My last relaxer was about 3 weeks ago, and I was amazed with my progress. So bootcamp and rollersetting plus a simplified regimen have paid off thus far.

BUT...

I can't help but feel so damned frumpy wearing my hair in a bun all the time. ARGGGG!!! Can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can AT LEAST wear some twist outs and feel sexy :grin:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I feel like i went backwards in terms of length but forward in terms of health. so basically nowhere:look:

LongHairDreams

Im actually very happy with my progress. My MN mix is still going strong. In Nov, I couldn't do anything with my TWA. Now I can make mini puffs (with rubberbands) :spinning: Im just having probs with my edges now though.

TaurusAngel

I feel like my hair has more body and shine. Its always been thick. Now i want it to get even and grow. But i'm happy with it for now

glamazon386

I'm not feeling it. :ohwell: I'm coming up on 2 years since my last relaxer and my hair is STILL not shoulder length. I also had 3 trims in 2007.

Last edited:

_belle

honestly, i'm feeling preetty good. I've always loved my new growth, and now that I am stretching my relaxers I am seeing much more of it. my hair is noticeably healthier. also because I co-wash so often (I never wash and go) my hair is always "done" (rollerset). so it usually looks good, unless of course I sweat it out in the club. :grin: but I haven't noticed any crazy length changes but I always wear my hair in really tight curls. between that and "needed" a relaxer, im sure there is some untold length under there. :lachen:but I like that it shines on it's own now. I like that it is really soft. it has come a long way since that creme of nature incident.

it short, IM HAPPY AS A CLAM!!!!! (bald as one too, but nonetheless, still happy) lol

sexyeyes3616

I feel my hair is taking forever to grow. I am in between that long SL and APL stage. And also it seems like when i have a lot of new growth my hair is shorter. So i am a little frustrated about my progress right now.

Queen V

Despite being in between SL and APL at the moment, I'm actually feeling good about my hair's progress. It's so much healthier than it as at the start of my hair journey, so I'm trying not to worry about the length as much and just enjoy each stage.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
My consistent regimen is paying off in length retention *and* healthy hair :up: The only crazy thing I can think of is the fact that the longer my hair grows the more it shrinks up :perplexed but on the flip side it looks like it's has more volume and it's definitely thicker! :yep: I'm happy! :grin:

miss Congeniality

I am feeling kind of blah about my hair. But I am trying to stick with some of my challenges. I feel that my hair should be longer. It will be 3 years this year and I feel that I should be further along. I am glad to say that my dges are doing better.

MizAvalon

I feel pretty good about my current progress. I became a do-it-yourself-er this year and that's going well. My hair is healthy and growing nicely.:yep:

As always though, I wish it were growing faster.:ohwell:

hothair

Well so far 2008 seems to be good for my hair- I'm in braids which I put in 3 weeks ago and I have a lot of new growth- my front hairline (always very fine) I'm working on to thicken at least its growing...I hope to be APL this year- My reggie is pretty set and seems to be working so not adding or taking anything out hope to have great progress report by my birthday (March) *crossed fingers*...My hair is shoulder length but I want it fuller and thicker

MizAvalon

My last relaxer was about 3 weeks ago, and I was amazed with my progress. So bootcamp and rollersetting plus a simplified regimen have paid off thus far.

BUT...

I can't help but feel so damned frumpy wearing my hair in a bun all the time. ARGGGG!!! Can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can AT LEAST wear some twist outs and feel sexy :grin:

I feel you on that. The bun gets old and boring real fast.

Coffee

As Mike Tyson would try to say "I am ex-static" :grin:, with the health and growth of my hair. Although it's not long by any means, it is healthy and growing. The picture in my avatar was taken less than a year ago, and now it's grown to neck length. I have learned so much on this forum and am now a certified PJ. I'm still trying to find what works best for me. Thanks to all of my hair sisters!!

Spongie Bloom

im Luuuuuurving my hair now :grin:

im 2 months into my journey and my hair is turning around already the thickness is coming on want some more though :look:
love my hair

henna was good but loosened my ng which is good but wonder if the coilyness will come back for when i have to relax in march

The bad

my ends are looking raggedy and sure hope i wont have to chop em off bout an inch

my scalp is startign to itch :perplexed i dunno what thats about

my edges are still not filling in :nono:

charmtreese

My hair has me on a emotional rollercoaster. Some days Im so inspired and happy about my progress and other days I feel so BLAH! I think my biggest mental block is that instead of looking foward I often beat myself up over previous setbacks. The first year and a half of my journey was really trial and error for me, If I had the same practices and products I have now my progress would have been further along. With all that said, for the most part I do feel INSPIRED, and I do look forward to whats to come!:yep:

PinkPeony

I think for the first time ever I like my hair:yep:
It's in good health,it's growing(even tough it's remarkably slow) and I haven't had a itch for over 3 months to straighten it yet.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I feel good that my hair has grown past APL ( I can't remember it doing that I was about 18 or so) and that it is getting thicker every week. I know it's changed from the progress pics I have otherwise I would think it hadn't grown since last year since it feels the same to me. I have serious hair anorexia:lachen:. My progress has been quite steady because I haven't changed my regimen much over the last year and I try to keep it as low maintenance as possible. I expect to reach my ultimate goal by December 2008.

Tenacious

Well, right now my hair texture feels really good. I've been alternating shampooing and co-washing every day, using a leave-in and baggying with vaseline everyday. I do like my texture now. In fact, I didn't know I was more of a 3b instead of a 3c until I learned how to tame my frizz.

Also, my hair has never been more moisturized and my scalp stays clean. Cant wait til I straighten to see my progress!

blackbarbie

13 months into my transition and I am enjoying the ride!!!

GOOD
-I am in love with my texture and I have found a staple style that will allow me to continue to breeze through the transition with ease. I have also found products that work with my hair as well.
-I finally figured out the key to detangling my hair!!!
-I am feeling good about the fact that my NG is coming in really thick; just can't wait until it all gets there.
-I keep learning more about my hair every day and I ALSO keep getting good information from LHCF on a daily basis as well.

BAD
-I don't know if I will keep my 45 day trim schedule to get rid of my relaxed ends...... I just like seeing it grow that's all:yep:) But seriously, I more than likely will b/c I loved seeing the nice clean ends the last time I got them trimmed.

Sunshine0801

I am very pleased with my progress. I dramatically changed my routine late last year, and I am seeing the results big time.

For years I had issues with dry hair and I was looking for the special product to fix that. I didn't realize my dry hair problems had more to do with my routine than the products I was using. Since December of 2007, my hair has been more moisturized than ever before. My ends don't tangle and knot up anymore, and my hair stays soft. Since trying Aphogee, my strands are really strong as well.

I'm doing the bootcamp challenge and I seriously cannot wait until our reveal in April.