Sooo...How are you feeling about your hair progress right now?

aziza

My hair is healthy,but I am not happy with the growth rate. I feel like its growing so slow,specially now in the winter. It seems like I am getting 0.25"/month or less. Sometimes I think my hair is not growing at all.

I am in the Bootcamp challenge, and cant wait till the end of the first session to check my progress. My goal is to reach APL by Aug. I have 2-3 inches more to go.

amwcah

I am excited! I relaxed after a 6 month stretch and was very pleased to see thicker longer hair.

discodumpling

I'm content with ALL things about my hair at the moment. :grin: It's thriving with my simple regimen. My stress spot continues to fill in & sprout new hair. I haven't trimmed since October & won't have to until April because I spend 90% of the time in protective styles.

I love the ever improving texture. The length that I have approaching 1yr natural is good enough for me & I'm looking forward to growing my nappy hair to incredible lengths.

Happy Hair Growing! :rosebud:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Overall I feel good. My hair feels and looks healthy. Although I experiment from time to time, I have a solid regimen and I know what my hair needs and when. I'm transitioning right now, so my focus isn't necesscarily overall length but the length of my NG coming in.

What I've been dealing with recently is the fact that my scalp can't take any kind of proctective style...a loose bun secured with a hairpin gives me headaches:perplexed. So, I can only wear my hair 'out'. To battle the exposure and increase in mani, I DC 3x a week now using protein @ least once.

I'm hoping that this scalp sensitivity is a growth spurt:yep:

Isis

I am so very happy with my hair and its progress. :yep: My regimen is solid but not rigid--I leave a door open to new ideas which continue help my hair thrive. :)

PrettyBlackHair

My hair is ok right now but I do have some breakage. I dont know if it is normal breakage or not. Some of the hairs are shed but I do have a little more little hairs than usual :perplexed. Oh I figure that after the next time i wash my hair should be a little better because I just recently updated my regimen.

Now, I prepoo with a hot towel for 30 minutes with ORS Mayo, AO GPB, or Nexxus Keraphix. Then, I shampoo with CON Green. Next, I "pre-condition" for 5 minutes with Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor. Then, I deep condition for 30 minutes with a hot towel with Kenra MC or Motions Moisture Plus (however I want to possibly replace this with Keracare Humecto but I havent tried Humecto yet :ohwell:). After I rinse I spray my Motions Nourish Leave-in and then spray my Motions Setting Lotion and wrap my hair. I try to let it air dry as much as possible. I use Qhemet Burdock Root as my moisturizer and Boundless Tresses for growth.

Feel free to leave any comments about my regimen but I think it sounds pretty darn good.....

laketta

I am not sure how I feel about my progress.

Good:
My hair hasn't broken off terribly. I am at the bottom of my brastrap (exactly) I am hoping to get below that sometime this year. lol.

Bad:
Slow growth rate. I should be much further along but part of it is the trims. My ends split easily and I am now focusing on keeping those moisturized so they don't dry out.

ekomba

Right now i m happier. i wasnt happy about the forced haircut of dec :wallbash:but i'm no longer dwelling on it. :yawn:I guess it motivated me

i'm so happy after trying lot of stuff in the past, i was able to eliminate and just keep what works for me, 3 pills, protein shakes and msm.

my routine is simpler as well and the byweekly washing and low manipulation have resulted in extreme growth since the cut. i'm flabbergasted. THE VITS WORK. THE regimen is on point.i keep cutting the nails they keep coming back longer and strong.

I see good things for '08. I'm not even gonna talk and predict it but i now definetely know when i see the progress i just got in almost 3 months(!!!), that i'm in for a sweet surprise come december 2008:yep::rolleyes: So i'm surprise myself; let's see what i get in one year but this time no scissors allowed, we are back to square one: LET'S GROW!!!:grin:

perm and haircut dec 28,2007

drasgrl

Frustrated. I'm not seeing any growth. I found a bunch of splits the other day and I don't understand at all. I don't ever use heat. I need to do a better job of moisturizing.

Iluvsmuhgrass

Happy because I got layers and got rid of thin ends. My hair looks healthier. I don't have split ends so that's a blessing in and of itself.

Sad because I got layers and I am farther from BSL. I was close but I really needed the trim.

I'm getting a better idea of what works. I think I'm going to go back to BT and braids after the newness of my relaxer wears off. I got loads of good growth with that.

Faith

I am loving my hair right now. It's doing this weird thing..I'm getting about 1" every 6-7 weeks...I think it's from the Sea Kelp I'm taking (wasn't for my hair but hey...). I would usually get 1" every 3 months but now it's like 1" every 6-7 weeks. At this pace I'll be at my goal by year end. And it would have taken me less than 3 years to get there. It was so damaged from relaxers back in '06 and it's done a complete 180. It's APL and it's all even on the ends and bonus...no splits... Love it!!

knottyaaverage

I am feeling uberly good. everyone is noticing how much thicker and longer my hair has gotten. it's healthier and i just made apl!!!!!!!! im feeling good. i just bought suave humectant today so i can FINALLY start co-washing. and 2morro or monday im off to the indian grocer for my oils and powders. full apl June 08??? :look:

ekomba

I'm giving up. I see no progress and it is just a tangly mess. It looks like i'm wearing a helmet. Help!!!!:sad:

Don't give up Moonglowdiva! I see in your siggy you taking vits. give it time to work. Just try to keep your hair in protective styles specially when you get frustrated with it. I make it a habit to just take the vits, keep low manipulation, and the reason i stress protective styles is so you dont have the time to get discouraged and if you give it time-as we only 3months into the new year, and wait it out till dec 08, i promise you you will see growth.

We can have mishaps sometimes, and get discouraged, focuss on detangling the hair, and either braid it, or get it out of the way so you not focused on it, and just baby it and you will see you will be pleasantly surprised in a couple months:yep:

knottyaaverage

Don't give up Moonglowdiva! I see in your siggy you taking vits. give it time to work. Just try to keep your hair in protective styles specially when you get frustrated with it. I make it a habit to just take the vits, keep low manipulation, and the reason i stress protective styles is so you dont have the time to get discouraged and if you give it time-as we only 3months into the new year, and wait it out till dec 08, i promise you you will see growth.

We can have mishaps sometimes, and get discouraged, focuss on detangling the hair, and either braid it, or get it out of the way so you not focused on it, and just baby it and you will see you will be pleasantly surprised in a couple months:yep:

EKOMBA, U PERMED AND CUT UR HAIR?!?!? :blush: ....... U WERE ONE OF THEM PEOPLE THAT MADE ME JOIN THE BOARD AND BELIEVE THAT MY HAIR COULD REALLY COULD COME BACK FROM THE DEAD, BY MY OWN HANDS. THANX SOOO MUCH :yep:...WHAT MADE U HIT THE RELAXER AND SCISSORS? DO TELL...

RosesBlack

Good-
I can see and feel absolute improvement in my hair.
It's growing even if I feel like it's slow it is growing.
My shedding and breakage has cut down so much.
I understand my hair and what it needs to stay lovely and keep growing.

Bad-
I am still really behind on learning how to style my hair.
My hair still grows so unevenly and I don't think I can change that.

Overall though I am very very satisfied with my progress so far. Sometimes I do feel like I'm not getting the amazing progress some people are but I deal with it and keep going.

ekomba

EKOMBA, U PERMED AND CUT UR HAIR?!?!? :blush: ....... U WERE ONE OF THEM PEOPLE THAT MADE ME JOIN THE BOARD AND BELIEVE THAT MY HAIR COULD REALLY COULD COME BACK FROM THE DEAD, BY MY OWN HANDS. THANX SOOO MUCH :yep:...WHAT MADE U HIT THE RELAXER AND SCISSORS? DO TELL...

Hey Knottyaaverage, i just had a bad hair day and was desperate lol as my hair grew longer as a natural it got so tangled one day after the wash, i could not untangle the roots. i got so frustrated after trying to detangle for 2 days i just went to the store, bought the perm and slap it on my head, the roots did not take but the rest was texlaxed that was dec 25,07

As the roots did not take i had to do a corrective perm in Paris 3 days later dec 28 and the stylist managed to save my roots and untangle all the knots but without my permission grabbed the scissors; i said no but it was so fast she said no i'm just cutting the ends, nothing more BUT CHOPPED A LOOOOOOOOOOOT OF MY HAIR!!!! going home my sis asked me why i chopped it all i was still in shock! i believe the stylist did it out of jealousy cause i expressely said i did not want to cut anything.
the length before she cut (i thought i was armpit but when she permed it was longer. she knew me but never seen me with longer hair before and it was the first time i saw her in 10years)
The length before she cut:

after she cut:)wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:):

I'm not gonna pretend i m still very very hurt its 2 years down the drain, all my efforts, my vits and a jealous stylist cuts everything!
It's ok now after that i did not want to hear about hair and i had to be mia for a while...BUT i came back motivated that's why i'm telling Moonglowdiva not to give up, i can relate. We become frustrated, but hair will grow. It motivated me more to not let setbacks ruin everything. So i'm happier cause it did grow in the past 3 months. and i'm confident with my regimen and vits i'll be back where she cut it give or take 3 months. so courage if anyone suffering from a setback or you frustrated cause you dont see growth try to cheer up, do the best and let nature do the rest (while u do your part of the bargain be it protective styles, low manipulation, scalp massages, cowashing just make sure you have the right regimen for you cause only u know your hair.
it still painful remember the blowout and seeing my hair long for the first time like it never ever been almost hitting my breast but its life and it will regrow it s already regrowing NOW LETS GROW~:grin:SHALL WE HEHE...LETS STAY POSITIVE. we can achieve ladies we can achieve...

sharentu

Hey Knottyaaverage, i just had a bad hair day and was desperate lol as my hair grew longer as a natural it got so tangled one day after the wash, i could not untangle the roots. i got so frustrated after trying to detangle for 2 days i just went to the store, bought the perm and slap it on my head, the roots did not take but the rest was texlaxed that was dec 25,07

As the roots did not take i had to do a corrective perm in Paris 3 days later dec 28 and the stylist managed to save my roots and untangle all the knots but without my permission grabbed the scissors; i said no but it was so fast she said no i'm just cutting the ends, nothing more BUT CHOPPED A LOOOOOOOOOOOT OF MY HAIR!!!! going home my sis asked me why i chopped it all i was still in shock! i believe the stylist did it out of jealousy cause i expressely said i did not want to cut anything.
the length before she cut (i thought i was armpit but when she permed it was longer. she knew me but never seen me with longer hair before and it was the first time i saw her in 10years)

I'm not gonna pretend i m still very very hurt its 2 years down the drain, all my efforts, my vits and a jealous stylist cuts everything!
It's ok now after that i did not want to hear about hair and i had to be mia for a while...BUT i came back motivated that's why i'm telling Moonglowdiva not to give up, i can relate. We become frustrated, but hair will grow. It motivated me more to not let setbacks ruin everything. So i'm happier cause it did grow in the past 3 months. and i'm confident with my regimen and vits i'll be back where she cut it give or take 3 months. so courage if anyone suffering from a setback or you frustrated cause you dont see growth try to cheer up, do the best and let nature do the rest (while u do your part of the bargain be it protective styles, low manipulation, scalp massages, cowashing just make sure you have the right regimen for you cause only u know your hair.
it still painful remember the blowout and seeing my hair long for the first time like it never ever been almost hitting my breast but its life and it will regrow it s already regrowing NOW LETS GROW~:grin:SHALL WE HEHE...LETS STAY POSITIVE. we can achieve ladies we can achieve...

:blush::blush::blush: i feel your pain. that happened to me once long time ago and i cried like a baby after. as least we know hair does grow back ((hugs))

Energist

I feel really good! There are times where I am shocked with my progress, so I find that I'm touching my hair a lot more. I need to stop that, because it can very well start falling out (I guess that's my paranoia), so I'm trying to catch myself when I feel myself doing that.

Duchesse

Good-
-I love that I texlaxed my hair. Now I can wear it straight and curly..its great!
-I think my growth rate is pretty good. This time last year I had a super mini fro, now my back layers are below SL. I really think I can make APL by new years.
-I finally stopped wasting money on products and wigs. In 2007, I seriously spent about 1500$(or more) on crap:ohwell:. I could have gone traveling but I spent too much on my hair..not a good look.
-My hair makes me feel more attractive now.
-My brother has said on two different occasions "Thats all your hair??"

Bad-
-My hairline..I have no idea how to thicken it back up..growth aids haven't been working.
-I need to do more protective styles, and less washngos
-I have crazy grays at 25yrs..I cant stop putting color in my hair.

Kimberly

I'm feeling discouraged. Looking at pics from this time last year, it seems as if I haven't had any progress at all. I can't figure out what happened. If I could, I would just get it weaved and leave it alone for a good 2-3 months.

onejamifan

I came on this board just about a month ago with so many fears about my hair and what was happening to it. It was thinning and I was shedding like crazy. I'm still going to go see my derm to make sure everything is alright (hormones etc.) but ever since I came on here I feel my hair is happier. I have received so much information and I've become better educated on how to handle my hair. I switched relaxers, I've been DCing EVERY time I wash, massaging my scalp daily, pre pooing, using scalp drops before rollersetting, blow drying roots and wrapping hair, sleeping with silk scarf or on silk pillowcase, and using protective styles. Even though my hair has always grown, my ng feels thicker and it has already grown 1/2 in 3 weeks! Over all, I'm happy with what's going on and have realized that a little TLC can go a long way.

Thanks ladies of LHCF for all your help!

:blowkiss:

_belle

umerah. . . the health thing is alright, like my hair has never been as bouncy and "happy" as it is now. and my new growth feels amazingly soft and my nape is clearing up hella well. . . but that whole length thing.:ohwell: but I am like 10 or 11 weeks post, so the shrinkage is pretty intense & I wear my hair in rollersets. . . but still I don't think it is growin like I want it to. but then again, I have been wearing big scarves because it is cold as heck here. so long story short, I guess I am good.but I wish I was GREAT!!!! :lachen:

Demi27

I feel just "ok" about it.

I mean, I just came off of a 17 week stretch. I didn't want to relax again, but I had to b/c my hair was getting out of control. When I took pics, my hair looked shorter than when I took my braids out some months ago.

However, I had to remind myself that I did dust a few times and also that I had some breakage. I did have about 2 inches of new growth so I know that my hair can grow. It's just a matter of retaining.

I'm interested in seeing what happens during this next stretch now that I know how to take better care of my hair.

tocktick

i'm not too happy with it, to be honest. i like that it's healthy and that is generally pretty but i'm not happy with the growth. i thought i was but i measured it (why? :wallbash:) yesterday and was disappointed. granted, my hair looks bigger and fuller than it was this time last year. this was it last year and this is it now (both stretched hair pics for a fairer comparison).

however, around that time my hair was around 2-2 1/2 inches. now it's about 5. i've done necessary trims a few times throughout growing my hair out but still...:ohwell: i never trimmed a whole lot (less than 1/2 inch most times). my hair grew the most when it was in braids so i must be messing up when it's loose. i think the main reason why my hair seems big now is because i stretch it out frequently. in actuality, it's not too big, imo. it's all an illusion :perplexed.

maybe my expectations are unrealistic. i have to admit responsibility for some things that i had control over that could have hindered my growth (poor diet, lack of exercise, bad hair practices) though. i'll put my hair back in braids next month for 3 months.

wheezy807

I can't complain and i wouldn't complain. I've had been truly blessed on this journey to better, healthier hair care. My setback have been minimum to none, except being snipped (a couple of times or more, ok 4) by a scissors happy stylist. BTW, got rid of her this year! I'm a couple inches if not more past APL. I really haven't accurately did a length check in a while. I finally come to the realization that my BSL is really actually MBL. So i'm dealing with it. I will make BSL in 08. It's just gonna take me a longer time to get from APL to BSL than i did SL to APL. It's ok, it will be worth the wait, lol!

knottyaaverage

OMG EKOMBA!!! THIS STORY IS SOOOO RIDICULOUS AND DEPRESSING!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!??! WHAT THE FREAK IS UP WITH STYLISTS!?!? I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT UR GOING THROUGH. THIS BLACK HAIR STYLIST (I NORMALLY GO TO DOMINICANS) BURNED MY SCALP WITH A PERM AFTER I REPEATEDLY TOLD HER NOT TO USE IT, AND FOR THE NEXT MONTHS I WATCHED MY HAIR GRADUALLY FALL OUT AND THIN!!! :wallbash: IT TOOK ME ALMOST A YEAR TO COME BACK FROM THAT! I VOWED NEVER AGAIN LET A BLACK STYLIST DO MY HAIR OR NOT PAY ATTENTION WHILE IN THE CHAIR!! :nono: I DO MY OWWWWNN HAIR NOW! THANK GOD FOR THE BOARD! i am just so mad because i remember when joining reading all ur regimens and seeing all the pills u were taking and the paratial silkworm stuff and i was just like 'wow these ladies over here are really serious about their hair' and urs was growing like weeds! i was like 'i gotta be down!'...but u MOST DEF CAN COME BACK! my hair is doing so well, and it's all thanx to the knowledge i gained for the board. so good luck to u! u grow girl!! :grin:

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
I'm not sure how I feel yet

It's not a yr since my BC yet and I haven't checked my prgress since end of January.....I'll be removing this weave no later than april 4th so I will check progress and take pics soon