Sooo, How many weeks post relaxer are you?

santia

Currently, I'm 6 weeks and trying to stretch at least til 10. Every touch up I plan on adding 2 weeks :D

jamiette

13 weeks going for a 6 month stretch. I've been doing this since I joined this board and it has made a WORLD of difference.

LovelyLionessa

I am coming up on 10 weeks and since I underprocessed the front of my hair last time on my first attempt at self relaxing, I may touch up at any moment. :look:

Southernbella.

I'm currently 10 weeks post. I usually relax between 10 and 11 weeks, but I'm going to see how long I can go since I'm pregnant. I just don't have the energy to do a touch up at this point.:p

jamiette

SILKE74 said:
I am currently 4 weeks post and I'm going for 12 weeks and its hard.
Isn't it though? But that's why the support that you get on this board is priceless!!! I have learned how to deal with the two different textures instead of trying to fight the new growth. My hair has not been this healthy since I was a kid. It's funny how my family went from calling me "hair obsessed" to calling my for hair advice on a daily basis.:lol:

MzOptimistic

caribeandiva said:
6 weeks. i'm trying to stretch for 12 weeks. i've never been able to go past 8 before.

Me too, I am currently 6 weeks and trying to stretch for 12 weeks and I have never been able to go past 8 before but I am determined this time....I have so much ng but it's cool though..has'nt gotten out of hand yet.

lady_godiva

this Saturday will be eight weeks for me. :) I used to be not able to go beyond six weeks because it would be difficult to comb through my hair and it would start to break. :( I started going to the Dominicans and that helped me with the combing and shedding part. I just got tree braids so that I can stretch it out another six to eight weeks. I really only want to get touch-ups three or four times a year.

LaShanne

I'm 9 wks and 4 days. this is the longest i've stretched without a weave, but i'm excited! i've never taken the time to properly care for my hair and now that i'm armed with all of this information I'm sure i can stretch to 12 weeks!:grin:

blackbarbie

13 weeks down and 7 more to go.....(I was going to try to go 24 weeks again, but I am just so anxious to get it relaxed so I am hoping I can even make it through the next 7 weeks!)

sassy mamma

I'm at approximately 23 weeks and currently have my hair braided to avoid dealing with my hair. I'm not too sure what my next step is going to be.

Tee

I will be at 12 weeks on Friday. My goal is 12 weeks so I should be relaxing soon.

This is the first time for me to go this far. Last time I went 9 weeks. I am gradually increasing each relaxer until I make 16 weeks.

MizAvalon

santia said:
Currently, I'm 6 weeks and trying to stretch at least til 10. Every touch up I plan on adding 2 weeks :D

This is an excellent strategy. Exactly what I did to work myself up to being a 20 week stretcher!:grin: On my last go-round though, my hair must have grown like crazy because I just could not make it to 20 weeks. I made it to 17 but was really struggling at 13.

I am currently 6 weeks post and will be going to my usual 20. That should be around Thanksgiving time.

Ebonygurl00

This Saturday will be 7 weeks, but I'm going to get a touch-up at 9 weeks. I know that's not impressive, but I used to get touch-ups every 5-6 weeks!