Sooo, How many weeks post relaxer are you?

KEIONI'S MOM

I'm 20 weeks post right now. I was going for 24 weeks when I started but I have a company party on the 8th of September and a wedding the 17th so this is my last week stretching. Next time I'm going for 24 or 26 weeks hopefully I don't have any major events to deter me. :)

B_Phlyy said:
Two weeks and my hair grows so slow, it looks like I got a relaxer yesterday.

I am 2 weeks and 2 days post and my roots are wavy, maybe I telaxed or could it be that I just rollerset/wrapped my hair and didn't use any heat?? who knows. It's hard for me to stretch since my hair is so short and there aren't too many styles I can wear to cover up my newgrowth, especially in the nape area since I am tapered in the back, or slightly tapered, when it grows out it's very curly and hard to lay down

ak46

I will be 12 weeks post this friday and I am aiming for 24 weeks :eek: (I've never stretched that long before...the longest I've gone is 7-8 weeks). I'm half way there :D ....If I can't make it, I'll try to go for 16 or 20 weeks :look:. But I'm determined!!

sareca

jaded_faerie said:
woah!!! are you transitioning?

Nawl, been there done that... I'm doing C&G this year and I just didn't see the point of relaxing when I was going to braid it again in 6 weeks. Also I was never exposed to the touchups every 6 weeks thing. We've always stretched even tho we didn't call it that.

Last edited:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I could have swore I was about 2 months, but when I checked my collendar I'm already 14wks +, I'll be 15wks on fri. which seem to have come along mighty quick. I think w/the extra days in the summer months made that 16wks come quick I didn't plan on relaxing til Oct. 1. :eek:

delp

how do to stretch a relaxer with short hair? If you don't want braids and you are avoiding heat? I am assuming just adding gel to your hair?