SORE ITCHY CROWN AREA???

ShiShiPooPoo

I've been to two derms since the original post date. One white male, one black female...

the white guy tells me he sees nothing wrong and to try some Rogaine:perplexed:look:

the sistah tells me that she sees no smooth spots or scaling but it is seborreic dermatitis:perplexed a catchall diagnosis because she didn't know what it was either...she gave me a cortisone solution and told me to alternate Nizoral and Head and Shoulders :perplexed every other shampoo as my last sudsing. She said to come back in a month and if there was no improvement she might have to do a biopsy:wallbash:.

Wednesday, I washed with Nizoral for the first washing and I REALLY scrubbed my scalp. I let the poo sit for 5 min. then followed with my moisturizing l'anza no sulfate.

Honestly my scalp feels alot better and I haven't been digging in it since. I was thinking maybe my scalp was dirty/needed a good scrubbing? I don't know. My thin patch is still there so I don't know.

NaniDiamond

hey guys..for what it's worth, I had this problem all my life but the thinning was new...I've discovered that I have either psoriasis or seborrhic dermatitis and I use this product that I got from WalMart called "Dermarest - Psoriasis medicated moisturizer" in a white & pink 4oz tube...works like crazy...I also use the Groganics freeze shampoo & cond to stop thinning...

Africanfruit

What are the ingredients of that dermarest...and is it a daily leave in moisturizer used on the scalp only?
Thanks please private message me cause ill never find this thread again to ready your reply

Nonie

I don't know the answer but what I do know is when people start losing their hair, their scalps get tender/sore and tight. So my advice while you try to figure out what the problem is, is to massage your scalp where you get this sensation, kneading the skin so that you loosen your scalp.

If you ever pay attention to bald people, you'll see their scalps look very rigid and stretched taut. So while keeping your scalp supple may not make much sense as a way to keep hair from thinning, the massaging will at least increase nutrient delivery by your blood to the follicles that might be ailing.

adamson

Maybe you're allergic to something...?

I ignored that feeling around October and November of last year. And I found out that I was allergic to castor oil the wrong way -______-

Jetblackhair

Update: Clarifying my scalp helps to relieve some of the soreness/itchiness I have in the crown area. It hasn't totally disappeared but it's 90 percent better.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
I noticed sometime last year my crown was super sore.

When I thought about it I noticed it was because I had been manipulating that area too much. I unconsciously like to tug at my hair especially in that spot, why, because I like the way it feels. I also tend to push down my comb in that area when I detangle.

Once I realized this and stopped doing it so much the pain went away.

MariposaSexyGirl

Probably and over production of yeast. Keeping the scalp clean helps. And if you do put anything on your scalp it should be Tee tree oil. Helps fight fungus.

Sent from my Sprint EVO using LHCF app

yodie

I was experiencing this same problem today. At the same time I noticed that my scalp had a lot of white buildup. I believe its from the products my stylist uses. Unfortunately I don't. Know what products he uses. Washed my hair toda with my products (no sulfates). Clarified with organic shampoo, one wash. Did another wash with Wen Fig. DC'd with AO HSR, etc. Itchiness and soreness went away immediately.

beloved1bx

bumping. I get soreness on my scalp as well, but I don't have a problem with itching. But my edges are thinning, the right side is quite noticeable. I think i did/do have dermatitis. Year ago when i first start my HHJ, I had serious issues with my scalp flaking all the time (still no itching though). I used Nizoral for a while, and that got rid of the flakes and curbed my shedding significantly. This past weekend when I washed my hair I used T-Gel shampoo i've had sitting around for a while. I do like that tingly feeling it gives my head. I always try to massage my temples, but i'm not seeing a difference in the thinness. I'll use the T-Gel a bit more and see what happens. would still like my edges to fill in though