Sos: My Unfortunate Head Of Hair. Please!

Bmack

I finally ruined my damn head to the point of who knows what return. I’m hoping there is something I can do that will eventually bring me back. I have been wearing braids and crochet for a very long time because I don’t have time to deal with my hair. I just find that it has been easier.

I can’t blame the style though because I wasn’t doing anything to help my head in between and while I wore these styles.

My edges! My entire head, Girl! I took out my crochet braids and washed my hair, yesterday and finally paid attention to the damage. This morning I cut it very short, the little length I had was dead and flimsy. So, it wasn’t a big deal. Now it is about ear length. Although, it looks better, slightly, it still feels pitiful.

I can’t even look in the mirror. I don’t know why I can do. It’s probably the least of my troubles considering what is taking place in the world. I just hope someone can give me a tip or two that might help, or at least some product recommendations.

Please, sir, some pity please.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
Tender loving care is what you need right now!

My suggestions:
Don’t stress! Your hair will bounce back.
Moisturizing Shampoo- Keracare, Shea Moisture Manuka Honey
Light protein DC- NaturelleGrow Sweet Greens, Annabelle’s Perfect Blends Not Easily Broken, Keraveda DC
Moisturizing Leave-in- Kinky Curly Knot Today, Bobeam conditioner, S-Curl
Light oil- Grapeseed oil, Bellebar Organics Onion and Garlic oil, Annabelle’s Perfect Blends Ginger oil, safflower oil
Butter- Shea butter mix (check out 2018-2020 Shea butter thread) any butter mix that will seal the moisture in your hair.

faithVA

I finally ruined my damn head to the point of who knows what return. I’m hoping there is something I can do that will eventually bring me back. I have been wearing braids and crochet for a very long time because I don’t have time to deal with my hair. I just find that it has been easier.

I can’t blame the style though because I wasn’t doing anything to help my head in between and while I wore these styles.

My edges! My entire head, Girl! I took out my crochet braids and washed my hair, yesterday and finally paid attention to the damage. This morning I cut it very short, the little length I had was dead and flimsy. So, it wasn’t a big deal. Now it is about ear length. Although, it looks better, slightly, it still feels pitiful.

I can’t even look in the mirror. I don’t know why I can do. It’s probably the least of my troubles considering what is taking place in the world. I just hope someone can give me a tip or two that might help, or at least some product recommendations.

Please, sir, some pity please.
:bighug:

I feel your pain. Last week my hair felt out in large chunks. Take a moment to mourn the loss of your hair but then get back to loving yourself.

You didn't have time to care for your hair, so now that it is shorter, it will not take that much time to care for. You can now get a simple routine and cleanse, condition and style easily.

Just spend the next 30 to 60 days showing yourself and your hair some love and you both will bounce back before you know it. This is a good time to learn your hair. It also gives you some time to come up with a game plan of what you will do with your hair when it grows back out. What will you do differently?

Tomorrow morning, take some time and look at yourself in the mirror and just take it all in. Then tell yourself, "I am going to be just fine."

Keep your regimen as simple as you can.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Bmack
:bighug:

Agreed Ms. Mack!

Now that your hair is shorter - no better time to develop a good sound regimen, learn your hair and forgive yourself and "Grow On."

It can only get better from here. Get a good product in each area and develop a steady, sound and solid regimen. Experiment with some bolder Make Up, Earrings - now that your hair is shorter and your face is on display ROCK IT!

Your Hair will be back in no time.

MzSwift

Just coming in to give you a ((BIG HUG))!!

You can get through this. The ladies have given sound advice. Take a breath, set a simple regi and stick to it. Weekly/biweekly wash, DC and PS that you don't have to touch for a few days-weeks. Your hair will thrive and so will you.

ETA: Braids and crochets are great PSing! I use them as well but I don't rock them back to back. I alternate them with non-extension/less tension PS. After braids, I'll put my hair in some celies and then wig/headwrap it for 3-4 weeks. Then I'll go into a crochet style and then mini braids with no extensions for a while. That helps give my edges a rest. HTH! :)

There's also Lazy Girl / no-cornrow crochet, which offers a crochet style with less tension than with cornrows. That is my preferred way to install. Maybe you could look into those?

Last edited: