aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Changing the thread...

"Soulish Prayers"

Witchcraft In The Church
The Power of Soulish Prayers
by Terry Somerville

What Are Soulish Prayers?
What happens when a Christian prays outside of the will of God or even in agreement with Satan's desires? Most Christians think these prayers simply fall to the ground unanswered.

James 4:3 says "You ask and do not receive because you ask to spend it on your passions."

We think there is no harm done, but when we try to control another person by our prayers, havoc is released in the body of Christ. Christians have prayed for confusion, failure, sickness and defeat on those they do not agree with. They want someone to quit smoking so they pray God will not bless them. They think someone is at the wrong church so they pray for division with that church! Or they want to affect someones choices, so they pray for confusion to come to them. They believed it would wake them up, and cause them to change direction. Such prayers are spiritual manipulation, they are soulish prayers.

The Power Of Soulish Prayers
Some will say they've seen answers to such prayers so they must be in God's will, but Jesus says they are not!

In Matthew 5:44 Jesus says "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you"

If this is the commanded approach to our enemies, how much more in the church! So how are prayers for confusion answered ? Simple. God is not the author of confusion, Satan is! Every Christian has authority to loose Satan into activity!

In Matthew 16:19 Jesus says ...whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. and again in Luke 10:19 "Behold, I give unto you power ...over all the power of the enemy..."

When a Christian prays in agreement with the will of the enemy, he has used his authority to loose demons into activity. We are given authority over the enemy, to stop him or release him. A Christian praying soulish prayers into the heavenlies is the same as the police announcing "let there be stealing from so & so" The thief runs in to do it ! It is a curse on the one he steals from! No wonder there is so much trouble in the church sometimes. It's full of Christian witchcraft!

James 3:10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

Release The Power Of The Blessing!
We have no business praying anything other than blessing on others. We are commanded to bless even our enemies! This does not mean we condone their sin or bless their selfishness. No, we bless with the blessing of God.

1 Peter 3:9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

What is the blessing of God? It's grace and forgiveness, salvation and life. Hearing the voice of God and walking in His will. Health and wholeness, life and abundance, gifts and fruits of the spirit. Change The Way you Pray and Release Revival

Ask yourself if you would like to be the subject of your own prayers. If not, REPENT ! Releaseing blessing releases revival! You can always pray that the worst sinner experience the love of God, forgiveness and freedom! Don't pray for trouble, he doesn't need any more, he needs God's life. Don't hinder your pastor or church, pray for more of God's blessing! That makes things right! Refuse to manipulate anothers direction and circumstances, pray for God to bless and lead them personally! In short, never pray for another what you wouldn't receive for yourself.

Also, Watchman Nee's The Latent Power of the Soul

http://www.worldinvisible.com/library/nee/5f00.0634/5f00.0634.c.htm

Short excerpt
What Satan Is Doing in the Church Today

How does Satan operate through man's soul and work with its latent psychical power? We have already given many examples in Buddhism, Taoism, Christianity, parapsychology, and so forth. Let us now illustrate with some instances showing how Satan will use man's soul in spiritual things. This will help the Christian to discern what is of God and what is of the enemy, and also to know how God uses man's spirit whereas Satan uses man's soul.

Prayer

The prayers in the Bible are intelligent and not silly. When the Lord Jesus teaches us to pray, His first words are: "Our Father who art in heaven". He teaches us to pray to our Father in heaven, but we Christians often pray to the God in our room. Our prayer should be offered to the heavenly Father for Him to hear. God wants us to send our prayers to heaven by faith, regardless if our feeling be good or bad, or even if there be no feeling. If you pray to, and expect to be heard by, the God in your room, I am afraid you will receive many strange feelings and miraculous experiences and visions from the God in your room. These are given to you by Satan, and whatever you receive from Satan belongs either to consciousness or subconsciousness.

Someone may not pray to the God in his room. He may direct his prayers instead towards the person for whom he prays., This too is most dangerous. Suppose you have a friend who is over two thousand miles away from you. You pray for him, asking God, as the case might be, to either revive him in the Word or to save him. Instead of directing your prayer towards God, you concentrate on your thought, your expectation, and your wish and send them out to your friend as a force. Your prayer is like a bow which shoots your thought, desire and wish as arrows towards your friend. He will be so oppressed by this force that he will do exactly what you have asked for. You may think your prayer is answered. But let metell you, it is not God who answers your prayer, for you have not prayed to Him. It is merely an answer to a prayer which you directed towards your friend.

Someone claims his prayer is answered because, says he, "I have piled prayers on my friend." Indeed, for you prayed towards him, not towards God. Your prayer is answered, but not by God. Even though you do not know hypnosis, what you have secretly done has fulfilled the law of hypnotism. You have released your psychic force to perform this act.

Why is this so? Because you have not prayed to the God in heaven; instead your prayers are projected towards, piled upon, and laid seige to, the person for whom you pray. In appearance you are praying, but in actuality you are oppressing that person with your psychic power. If you use your soul force in praying for a certain one-say you pray that he should be at least disciplined if not punished-the prayer of your soul force will dart out at him and he will accordingly be sick. This is a fixed principle of the soul. It is as sure as the fact that a person will be scorched if he thrusts his finger into fire.

For this reason, we should not pray a prayer that asks that a person be punished if he does not do what is expected of him. Such prayer will cause him to suffer, and thus make the one who prayed such a prayer the instigator of his woe. If we pray, we should pray to God and not towards man. I personally have experienced the ill-effect of such prayer. Several years ago I was sick for over a year. This was due to the prayers of five or six persons being piled upon me. The more they prayed, the weaker I became. Finally I discovered the cause. I began to resist such prayers, asking God to disengage me from what

they had prayed for. And so I got well. In this connection, let me quote from a letter written by a believer:

I have just come through a terrible onslaught of the enemy. Hemorrhage, heart affection, panting and exhaustion. My whole body is in a state of collapse. It suddenly burst upon me while at prayer to pray against all psychic power exercised upon me by (psychic) `prayer'. By faith in the power of the Blood of Christ, I cut myself off from it, and the result was remarkable. Instantly my breathing became normal, the hemorrhage stopped, exhaustion vanished, all pain fled, and life came back into my body. I have been refreshed and invigorated ever since. God let me know in confirmation of this deliverance, that my condition was the effect of a group of deceived souls, who are in opposition to me, `praying' about me! God had used me to the deliverance of two of them, but the rest are in an awful pit . . . .*

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
Reading the first part that is truncated is essential for comprehension of what this author is talking about. But, it does seem like it's bordering on the realm of offering a curse on someone which is superstition and forbidden. People wish ill on others all the time but that doesn't mean ill will befall anyone. If anyone suffers, it's probably the person issuing out the "curse."

I know of instances in which people have "cursed" another for a perceived wrong and people have lost property or died. Everyone dies and only G-d knows the time or place so I doubt very seriously that there was a curse on the person. I think the deception rests most with the one believing they caused something karmic to happen to another. OP, what is your personal opinion of this?

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

I've heard pastors pray for members finances to dry up amongst other prayers that are downright ungodly ...What we can do is counteract those prayer with prayers of our own.

Here is a simple prayer that I sometime pray, you don’t need to hear someone say/pray something negative, people do it out of our presence.

Father any prayer that is not in accordance to your word or negative word released in the atmosphere about me to bring me harm I bind it up in the name of Jesus, I reject it and render it null and void that it will have no effect on me in Jesus name.