Soultanicals Reviews

suns4i6e

@suns4i6e I know,seems like shea butter is in every thing..lol..The Marula is nice too,but for warmer weather..Can't wait to try that curl glaze or whatever it's called..lol

Happy Hair Growing!

I'm a gel girl and am really interested in her curl glaze too :grin:. It will be a nice addition to her lineup.

suns4i6e

Just received my second order...very excited to try the marula mura and fluffalicious. I only got the 4 oz jars to test, but i have a feeling I'll be upgrading soon.

CocoGlow

Hey Ladies! They are now officially introducing the Curl Blaze & Gloss Boss for sale ...

CocoGlow

@NappyRina

They've been having a few CS issues lately.:perplexed

I still wanna try both Kink Drinks. I'll see if things get better between now & M-Day.:look:

IDareT'sHair

Hmmm..that would explain why the order I placed 2/22 has not shipped yet ...

What's the deal with these companies? When you say issues do you mean that her shipping is slow or something worse? Say it ain't on some IPN level now!!??????? :look:

CocoGlow

@NappyRina

Slow Shipping, Unresponsive CS....missing items you know...the usual.:yawn:

No, it hasn't risen to the IPN Level (yet):look:

IDareT'sHair

I can deal with slow shipping ... it's not a deal breaker but it is annoying...but missing items don't make sense (if it takes you forever and a day to ship something I'm assuming you're just being super duper precise about each order :rolleyes:- no room for missing items) and then not responding to customers is never good. I doubt they will go the IPN route but ya never know

Wishing for the best from this line ... We shall see :look:

ETA:- Y'all need to be posting the GOOD & the BAD about these companies in these threads ladies ... give the PJs the heads up before we click Pay Now LOL :grin: - I missed the boat on IPN and now this :perplexed

Purplerain77

I have ordered from Soultanicals twice. I really really like the products but the shipping is a deterrent for me. It takes 7-10 business days for a package to ship...basically 7-10 business days for a tracking number to be generated because it takes a couple more days for the package to find its way to the post office. Also, the shipping is pricey to me.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this Vendor between now & the next Sale. :perplexed

Because I really want to try those Kink Drinks, but will get Oyin J&B if a push comes to a shove.:rolleyes:

suns4i6e

I have ordered from Soultanicals twice. I really really like the products but the shipping is a deterrent for me. It takes 7-10 business days for a package to ship...basically 7-10 business days for a tracking number to be generated because it takes a couple more days for the package to find its way to the post office. Also, the shipping is pricey to me.

I totally agree with this. I've ordered twice and each time shipping took 15 business days (19 calendar days). Ayo is extremely sweet, but the long processing/shipping wait is a huge deterrent in ordering.

CocoGlow

Recent Email From Soultanicals:

First and Foremost, I'd like to thank you so much for your patronage, interest & support of Soultanicals! Your thoughts, comments and feedback means so much to me. Having you as a customer keeps me grounded in work, pouring all of my love & passion for soul care & body lovin' ingredients that will surprise and delight you. Whether you're just new to Soultanicals or have already indulged in your very own Soultanicals goodie package, we're here for you.

I also want to update you on our new shipping policy. Effective March 2013, All orders will generally process within 5-7 business days (7-10 business days during sales & promotions), NOT including weekends & holidays. I want to thank you all for your patience in receiving your packages. Soultanicals is new. The policies we create now will set the standard for how we communicate and interact with our customers in the future. If there is anything I can do to improve your experience, or make you happier with us, please do not hesitate to call or email me. Thank you for the love. I appreciate you!

With Love & Appreciation,
Ayo Creator/Owner at Soultanicals
www.soultanicals.com 347-247-4190

Purplerain77

Also, please be aware that if you place 2 separate orders within a short time frame they will charge the shipping fee for both packages, but will ship everthing in one box, so basically you lose out on a shipping fee. I inquired about this and was informed that when this occurs they ship everything in one box and typically do not refund shipping fees. If that is the case I would prefer that they just ship the products out separately the way that I ordered and paid for them, especially if they are using a flat rate shipping box (cost is not affected no matter what the weight of the box is). Don't keep my shipping fee as a profit.

Maybe I am spoiled, but I have orderd from companies before and placed separate orders within days of each other and the company has contacted me and stated that they would ship everything in one package and refund one of the shipping charges. I've never had to ask.

CocoGlow

Also, please be aware that if you place 2 separate orders within a short time frame they will charge the shipping fee for both packages, but will ship everthing in one box, so basically you lose out on a shipping fee. I inquired about this and was informed that when this occurs they ship everything in one box and typically do not refund shipping fees. If that is the case I would prefer that they just ship the products out separately the way that I ordered and paid for them, especially if they are using a flat rate shipping box (cost is not affected no matter what the weight of the box is). Don't keep my shipping fee as a profit.

Maybe I am spoiled, but I have orderd from companies before and placed separate orders within days of each other and the company has contacted me and stated that they would ship everything in one package and refund one of the shipping charges. I've never had to ask.

Purplerain77

Wow that's just wrong!

I'm shocked that their response to your inquiry was so... ridiculous ... we pay for what we get and if you paid for shipping on 2 seperate orders they should have either shipped the items seperately or shipped them together and refunded you the 2nd shipping fee. Obviously they want to save $ on their end by using one box instead of 2 and you're right - they kept your 2nd shipping fee as profit - no bueno :blush::nono:

Ugh it's so sad how a lot of these start-ups put so much thought into their products/packaging/advertising etc but customer service keeps coming up short :perplexed

Purplerain77

Yep. I noticed that both orders were listed under the same tracking number. When I inquired about it, the email response stated that I would receive a $5 refund (which I have not received yet and it has been over a week) but that moving forward there would be no refunds for shipping. Did I mention that each shipping charge was $8.75? There were 3 items in each box. I went to the website today to check out the shipping charges and it appears to be $5.95 now. Not sure why the price dropped.

As I stated before, I LOVE the products. Everything that I have ordered works really well on my hair. I'm just not a fan of the shipping timeframe. I am glad to see that they are reducing it to 5-7 business days during non-sales, but the only time that I will be purchasing is during a sale so that really doesn't help me.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Okay Ya'll @NappyRina (and errbody else) Has anyone heard anything from the Recent 30% off Sale?:look:

A Friend and Former Long Time LHCF Member always asks me what's new & exciting and I referred her to the ST'cals Sale, Naturelle Grow (and a few others)

I had to break it to her last night that they are *um..kinda slow*:ohwell:

suns4i6e

I ordered during the 30% off sale (3/20/13) and the order status is still 'Awaiting Fulfillment'. As stated up-thread, processing time leaves much to be desired, but she's working on it. However, since orders are more plentiful during sales, I expect this will take a while.

On the upside I am happy to report that my hair likes the Curl Blaze, and it scarcely likes anything. I use it over my staple KCCC (my hair likes layered gels). It is very slippery, citrus scented, thin(er) gel.

suns4i6e

Forgot to mention, for those willing to sustain the wait, Soultanicals is having a Flash Friday sale (today only) of 35% off any full size purchase. Code = FF35off

APrayer4Hair

Just hit paynah on afrodite's shine almighty-gloss boss, and knot sauce. It's ok if the shipping takes a little while.

CocoGlow

IDareT'sHair

I ordered back in Feb and had to wait about 2 weeks before I got a shipping notice ... According to the email I posted earlier in this thread, they were suposed to be improving their shipping time starting this month (March) hmmm :rolleyes:

I bet it's even slower during a sale like the 30% off you mentioned...

I honestly don't mind the wait as long as I've been warned beforehand ... and their products seem to be good of quality and they smell delicious ... don't know if they work great for MY hair but that's another story LOL :look:

naijamerican

I purchased things during the 30% off sale. I'm really looking forward to trying this line. I already have my staple products but enjoy having the chance to try new stuff. I, too, am concerned about the shipping because I don't want to wait too long; on the other hand, I went crazy and bought a ton of stuff from the site. Like, a ton. :look:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
NappyRina

Ya'll know I already know.:yawn:

I guess it was my fault about not 'disclosing' to my buddy that they are slow.:look:

So, I guess I shoulda' told her before she ordered.:blush:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
From the 30% off Sale I'm waiting on:

x2 Sorrel Kink Drinks
x2 Wrappers Delight
x1 Knot Sauce

I can wait because I won't get around to them until late Spring/early Summer.

I'd like to have another 8 oz Marula during this 35% today, but won't place another order especially since she won't/doesn't combine shipping.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Okay...Um..:look:

So I broke and got the 8 ounce Marula. Shipping was 2 bucks & some change so I didn't mind combining that shipping charge.

Hope this addition doesn't push my order back any further or mess it up in general.

McQuay30

I ordered the master cleanse to compare to terressenntials, the sorrell drink, and the knot sauce...we will see how long it takes, but i notice she have a unique blend of ingredients when compared to other natural hair care products.