Soultanicals Reviews

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Yassssssss:yep: You're right. @shawnyblazes

What's Babeeee Curl-Pop-A-Lot using these days?:supergrin:
Man, as sad as it is. Hes been using Soultanicals Aloe that was in the summer bundle, with Sweet soul magic curl stimulator and Shescentit leave in. his curls are SO shiny and plump. That aloe something or other really set it off but I will not be buying it. I posted a picture on instagram but im still at work, cant link. I'll post it later when I get home. off in 15 minutes @IDareT'sHair

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Man, as sad as it is. Hes been using Soultanicals Aloe that was in the summer bundle, with Sweet soul magic curl stimulator and Shescentit leave in. his curls are SO shiny and plump. That aloe something or other really set it off but I will not be buying it.
@shawnyblazes
You better start looking for a replacement before summer hits:look:

You know he hafta' keep dem Curls Shiny & Plump.:giggle:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Used KG Liter #1:love: last night on dry hair under Saran Wrap, Plastic Cap and Scarf. Worked like a charm this a.m. to detangle hair.

Will be interested in comparing Liter #2 and replacement #2(3) with Liter #1. Consistency & Performance.

trueheartofgold

Yay to Knot Sauce
Nay to Mango Dip

Thanks for responding! I read through the thread and I see you have your reservations about this company. Would you still recommend it even though there are consistency/shelf life issues? Which one of the products would you recommend the most to be used as a leave in (a lot of moisture)?

Thanks!

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Thanks for responding! I read through the thread and I see you have your reservations about this company. Would you still recommend it even though there are consistency/shelf life issues? Which one of the products would you recommend the most to be used as a leave in (a lot of moisture)?

Thanks!

My main issue is consistency. Which is a big issue in this thread along with customer service.

The first Mango Dip I purchased smelled rancid and was a color closer to "white" shea butter. It worried me so I purchased a second. The smell was slightly rancid but the same color. I failed to believe they were both bad, but that the batch needs more fragrance. Either way, it was offputting.

The KG I didn't have issues with, just the aloe. It's not formulated well for my LoPo hair.

The Knot Sauce..... so the first time I purchased, there was still space between the product and neck of bottle. I got it from tar.get. The second time, same place of purchase, bottle is all the way filled. I order from her site and one bottle was like the first bottle I ordered, the others all the way filled.

Also, my items took 2 weeks to ship, which were placed as shipped after I emailed her, and didn't move for about a week.

I love the Knot Sauce, but I will have to use them slowly. It's definitely HG worthy, but with the issues stated above, it's too much to deal with.

Last edited:

trueheartofgold

My main issue is consistency. Which is a big issue in this thread along with customer service.

The first Mango Dip I purchased smelled rancid and was a color closer to "white" shea butter. It worried me so I purchased a second. The smell was slightly rancid but the same color. I failed to believe they were both bad, but that the batch needs more fragrance. Either way, it was offputting.

The HG I didn't have issues with, just the aloe. It's not formulated well for my LoPo hair.

The Knot Sauce..... so the first time I purchased, there was still space between the product and neck of bottle. I got it from tar.get. The second time, same place of purchase, bottle is all the way filled. I order from her site and one bottle was like the first bottle I ordered, the others all the way filled.

Also, my items took 2 weeks to ship, which were placed as shipped after I emailed her, and didn't move for about a week.

I love the Knot Sauce, but I will have to use them slowly. It's definitely HG worthy, but with the issues stated above, it's too much to deal with.

Thanks for responding! I think I'll stay away until (maybe) she gets everything together. Just like you and others, I think that there should be some kind of order in the way companies conduct business and the consistency of hair products especially should be the same no matter where/when they are purchased.

I don't want to like a product one time and then be disappointed so I'll just let it be.

Thanks again!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Saludable84
The same thing happened to me with CRN's Morrocan Pear & Argan Conditioning Custard.

I have some pure white bottles and some yellow-ish/pearlescent bottles.

I'm using the Yellowish/Pearlescent one now and I notice it doesn't have much of a scent.

I cannot remember where I got them all from? I will be keeping my eye on this from now on.

If it's that Pearlescent color - I think somethings "off".

I know some came from Tar.get, NC, Hattache, AveYou etc....I've gotten them from different places at different times.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
@Saludable84
The same thing happened to me with CRN's Morrocan Pear & Argan Conditioning Custard.

I have some pure white bottles and some yellow-ish/pearlescent bottles.

I'm using the Yellowish/Pearlescent one now and I notice it doesn't have much of a scent.

I cannot remember where I got them all from? I will be keeping my eye on this from now on.

If it's that Pearlescent color - I think somethings "off".

I know some came from Tar.get, NC, Hattache, AveYou etc....I've gotten them from different places at different times.

Maybe they went out of different distributors/warehouses :rofl:

Smiley79

Which of their products offers the best moisture? I was not impressed with the Knot Sauce. I want to take advantage of their Spring sale...so far I was thinking of the:
  • Can't Believe its Not butta
  • Kink Drink spray
  • Marula Maru product
  • Knot Glide (but it's out of stock)
  • Mango Dip

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hi, all.

Is anyone here a big fan of the Soultanicals Knot Dressing Oil Rinse? If so, do you know of anything OTG that you like about just as much -- because of the ingredients and the aroma? TIA! (I'm trying to streamline vendors --especially ONLINE venders--and I can eliminate another one if I don't get this oil anymore. Thanks for any suggested replacements.)

Ingredients:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Avocado Oil, Rice Bran oil, Pracaxi Oil, Brocolli Seed Oil, Castor Oil, Vitamin E, Phlalate Free Fragrance and drizzles of LOVE!

AgeinATL

Hi, all.

Is anyone here a big fan of the Soultanicals Knot Dressing Oil Rinse? If so, do you know of anything OTG that you like about just as much -- because of the ingredients and the aroma? TIA! (I'm trying to streamline vendors --especially ONLINE venders--and I can eliminate another one if I don't get this oil anymore. Thanks for any suggested replacements.)

Ingredients:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Avocado Oil, Rice Bran oil, Pracaxi Oil, Brocolli Seed Oil, Castor Oil, Vitamin E, Phlalate Free Fragrance and drizzles of LOVE!

I don't use oils but I feel like I've seen good oil blends from Alikay Naturals and they are sold at Target. Camille Rose also had a good oil blend and her products are sold damn near everywhere. That's all that I can think of.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
My Coil-Soil came today. In fact, it is the 1st pkg I received from the M-Day Sales.

It's a Fertilizing Detox Treatment that is Limited Edition.

Will be interested in how this works.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
First impressions -

Sprung Coil Defining Gelly: easy to spread, nice smell that lingers, left hair soft and shiny the first two days, was ready for a refresher on day three though (began seeing more frizz and losing definition), did begin to flake out a little bit on day two (not sure it's related to my heavy hand with the Gelly or the leave in), by day four I was leaving snow everywhere :lachen:

Frizz Whiz Leave In Conditioner: good slip, nice scent that doesn't linger, needs a sealant though due to lack of oils/butters in product

Last edited:

bimbabe

Thank you! The Strand Repair is the same thing as the Fro Despair Vitamin repair DC?

Has any one tried the Curl Blaze Hair Glaze?

From what I am seeing though I shouldn't pick up too many products if I do not use them immediately. Shelf life seems to be a problem with these products.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@bimbabe
The Strand Repair is/was great. She has now made it: "Limited Edition" so it is not offered on the regula'. *rolls eyes*

I think the last time I was able to get it was Mom's-Day. She'll probably offer it again BF.

I think I got the Curl Blaze Glaze on a Swap, but haven't tried it?

Her stylers i.e. Butters, Lotions, Cremes etc...don't seem to really work for me and there are others from other lines that I like better.

ETA: The Fro Despair Repair is new. I bought x2 of these recently, but haven't tried it yet.

bimbabe

@bimbabe
The Strand Repair is/was great. She has now made it: "Limited Edition" so it is not offered on the regula'. *rolls eyes*

I think the last time I was able to get it was Mom's-Day. She'll probably offer it again BF.

I think I got the Curl Blaze Glaze on a Swap, but haven't tried it?

Her stylers i.e. Butters, Lotions, Cremes etc...don't seem to really work for me and there are others from other lines that I like better.

ETA: The Fro Despair Repair is new. I bought x2 of these recently, but haven't tried it yet.

Nice! LOL do you want to try it tonight? J/K Teehee trying to take advantage of the 4th of July 40% off sale.

Thanks again for your response.