Soultanicals Reviews

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@bimbabe,

I hope people respond before the sale is off. It's a great sale. If you spend a certain amount, not only do you get 40% off, but you get free shipping.

I haven't been using their products long enough to be able to provide highly informed reviews. I have many of their products, but have only tried them 1 or 2 times with the exception of the Hair Glide, which I've used for a good while.

I have done a patch test using the Twist Assist Coil Defining Cream and a full twist-out using the Twist Assist Coil Defining Cream layered under the Recoil Butter. My results: Juicy, shiny, defined.

However, I cannot compare them to any other styling creams or butters, because I haven't used those types of products in my regimen too much in the past.

I do not like the smell of the Twist Assist Cream. I can't pin it down. DH says it smells strongly like "old boxes." I don't know! But I like the smell of the Recoil Butter, and it covers the Twist Assist smell instantly.

In my next post I'll compare the Curl Blaze and Sprung Gelly.

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@rileypak, what do you think of the Sprung Gelly compared to the Curl Blaze?

@bimbabe,

Here are my hair details so that you can know how to interpret my notes below:
  1. hipo;
  2. fine (individual strands are thin);
  3. dense (much hair per square inch of scalp);
  4. pen-springs (4a coily)
For me:
I had a weird experience with the Curl Blaze: I have super coily hair, and the Curl Blaze gave little hold. It left me with very fluffy hair. I've never had fluffy hair before. I enjoyed the way it felt, but probably because it was a new experience! LOL! I have used it only once since, and I again got no hold with it. It is not a repurchase for me. I need hold. Other reviews love the soft and fluffy results.

My Sprung Gelly is very creamy. It does provide hold, but it feels more like a cream-gel that is for hold with moisture than a gel that is mainly about HOLD, IMO. I get good definition and moisture with it.

My hair feels GREAT with it, but it does not add elongation and shine to my hair the way Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker or Kinky Curly Curling Custard do.

I feel like the Sprung Gelly behaves on my hair a LOT like The Mane Choice Biotin Gel does. Except, I get a tacky, coated feeling after drying with The Mane Choice Biotin Gel. The Sprung Gelly feels nice on my strands after drying.

Last edited:

bimbabe

Thanks again for your responses!!!

I still went on a spree...mainly for deep conditioners.

• 2 × Afrotastic Curl Elastic
  • 1 × Curl Supreme Conditioning Dream
  • 1 × Marula-Melon Moisture Guru
  • 2 × Magical Molasses Deep-Constructor
  • 1 × Monoi Moisture Slip- Deep Conditioning, Fertilizing Dip
  • 1 × Fro Despair, Vitamin Hair Repair Mega DC
  • 2 × Slip-N-Slide, Knot-Proof Hair Glide- 12 oz
  • 1 × Hair Sorrell- Knappylicious Kink Drink
  • 1 × Curl Blaze Hair Glaze
  • 1 × Sprung- Coil Boosting Gelly
It is a lot but thankfully it was 40% and free shipping. I fell asleep early last night putting my son to bed and woke up this morning and put in my order. The 40% off code still worked :p

YvetteWithJoy

On break

It is a lot but thankfully it was 40% and free shipping. I fell asleep early last night putting my son to bed and woke up this morning and put in my order. The 40% off code still worked :p

You cleaned up!!!

I ordered enough for free shipping as well, but nowhere near as much. I love these frequent, good sales. The ingredients are SO worth the sales price, IMHO.

I look forward to your reviews!

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen

Hope it all works out for you!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Next Mega-Sale (35-40%), I think Imma grab a couple b/ups of the Fro-Repair Despair. It's getting really great reviews.

Hope to get around to trying mine before the Summer is over.

I also want a Liter of Afrotastic.

AgeinATL

Wow! She got rid of a lot of her products. She used to offer more kink drinks and oil options. The caramel treatment, molasses treatment, the protein free DC, the clay dc....

Perhaps it’s for the best so that she can focus on product consistency and faster shipping rather than cooking up something new in the kitchen. If she gets those two things in order, I’d be tempted to revisit the line.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I received all of my items last night. Fast shipping.

The Shea Yurvedic Buttercream was soupy-ish which I know its probably because of the intransit weather. I put it in the fridge. I have plans to use it before I henna this weekend. I just need to figure out how Im going to do it because Im working mornings both days.

I also picked up a Knot Proof glide for my LO ( his staple detangler) and a Sprout Follicular Rice Tonic.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
what new detox? You mean the Mane stay Hen-tonite? Its not new. Its very good tho
@shawnyblazes
Oh, I thought it was new. :eek:

Made a Cart since it 40% & Free Shipping, (this weekend) but put in the Master Cleanse Detox (instead) of the Mane Stay.

I still haven't checked out though. I need to decide? I have that, another FroRepair, another Rice Water and a Oil in a Cart.:look:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Used the Shea Yurvedic buttercreme. I didn’t prepoo but there was product in my
Hair from a few days ago.

Wet hair and applied. It glided down my strands , lightly lathered and disappeared into my strands. I agitated my scalp with the pads of my fingers and rinsed. I only used it once per section. After rinsing my wasn’t overly soft or rough but somewhere in between. I’ll try it again and see if there is a difference

I like the application. The smell is okay and the low lather is fine. I immediately added henna after so I can't say how my hair will feel after I add conditioner.

It’s interesting though.

Last edited: