Sourcream and Lemons review

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
ZIP, ZIPPO, ZILCH, NADA

This didn't do a thing to my hair. At least I got a good DC after I rinsed it out.

Next on my list is the baking soda conditioner mix. If that doesn't loosen my curls then off I got to the creamy crack

Hmm, I'm here with a baking soda mix in a small portion of my hair. It's been in for about 20 minutes... no change whatsoever yet!

So, your mind is made up then? You're over the natural hair thing?

Hmm, I'm here with a baking soda mix in a small portion of my hair. It's been in for about 20 minutes... no change whatsoever yet!

So, your mind is made up then? You're over the natural hair thing?
I'm not over natural hair

I just want more manageable, less time consuming hair and I wish my whole head was just one texture. I like the texture on the front half.... I hate the back half.

I understand. I'm i the same situation. I'm transitioning, but every now and then I start thinking about relaxing just to get more manageable hair... not because I really want straight hair.

This is the result I got after using baking soda and leaving it in for half an hour. I'm not all convinced, but the portion I used baking soda on feels alot softer and was easier to comb afterwards :look:.
Here's a picture (the left side is the side I used the baking soda on).
I could have left it in longer, but I didn't like the burning/tinglig I started to get on my skin.

There is a little, little bit of difference in the curl pattern I think. It's a tad bit looser.
I don't think I'll be doing this again, however, another member did say that you have to keep repeating the process to see better results :ohwell:.
:wallbash:... WHAT TO DO!

Val, have you tried or thought about trying the Natural-Laxer. This is not the Naturalaxer by the way!

Attachments

• DSC00077.JPG
    DSC00077.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Unfortunately all these things you have listed, I have NEVER heard of them changing texture, AT ALL. It's just like the coconut milk and lime, it does nothing. The only thing that will change your texture is a full out relaxer or texturizer. I heard about this sahara clay stuff that supposed to "loosen texture" but who knows what's in it. I wouldn't try it myself. Henna does loosen my texture, but for me that sucks. I like my napps in all their glory :) It sounds like you might just wanna try a texturizer. I have seen many good reveiws on the "just for me" texturizer. I know that the WONDERFUL lovelymissyoli (love her styling skills!) has a really neat way that she texturizes her hair and it looks great. Last I remember reading from her posts, was that it did loosen her texture and it really looked great on her. You might want to check out her album!

Unfortunately all these things you have listed, I have NEVER heard of them changing texture, AT ALL. It's just like the coconut milk and lime, it does nothing. The only thing that will change your texture is a full out relaxer or texturizer. I heard about this sahara clay stuff that supposed to "loosen texture" but who knows what's in it. I wouldn't try it myself. Henna does loosen my texture, but for me that sucks. I like my napps in all their glory :) It sounds like you might just wanna try a texturizer. I have seen many good reveiws on the "just for me" texturizer. I know that the WONDERFUL lovelymissyoli (love her styling skills!) has a really neat way that she texturizes her hair and it looks great. Last I remember reading from her posts, was that it did loosen her texture and it really looked great on her. You might want to check out her album!
I think the bolded is the Natural-Laxer I was talkin' about!

I about burned my scalp off yesterday with bakingsoda and it did fatten and smooth my curls significantly. My scalp is still recovering. :look:

I'm sorry Sour Cream and Lemon didn't work for you. Yogurt and and Coconut/lime didn't help me.:ohwell:

Maybe it's the concentration? What I did, as mentioned in the thread I started about it, with baking soda wasn't "safe" per se...but worked. And just about anything is "safer" than a relaxer (And I mean things within reason).

I understand. I'm i the same situation. I'm transitioning, but every now and then I start thinking about relaxing just to get more manageable hair... not because I really want straight hair.

This is the result I got after using baking soda and leaving it in for half an hour. I'm not all convinced, but the portion I used baking soda on feels alot softer and was easier to comb afterwards :look:.
Here's a picture (the left side is the side I used the baking soda on).
I could have left it in longer, but I didn't like the burning/tinglig I started to get on my skin.

There is a little, little bit of difference in the curl pattern I think. It's a tad bit looser.
I don't think I'll be doing this again, however, another member did say that you have to keep repeating the process to see better results :ohwell:.
:wallbash:... WHAT TO DO!

Val, have you tried or thought about trying the Natural-Laxer. This is not the Naturalaxer by the way!
oh yes I knew I wanted to review something else

I ordered and tried that natural-laxer crap....yes I said CRAP and it didn't do **** but give my head a mud bath. Waste of $25. They did say that you need to do it 3 times in the initial process but after that one time I will NOT be using it again.

Sorry to hear about this Val. I was planning to try the sourcream and lemon mix today but now that I've read your review, I'm not sure.:ohwell: My yogurt mix was okay, but not a miracle. But, I've been baggying with S-curl for the last 3 days since I used the yogurt mix. My hair is much softer but I'm wondering if I should texlax or texturize.:wallbash: I don't want to BC but it's hard to deal with 24 weeks of NG.:wallbash:

I am sorry you are frustrated with your hair , I feel the same way sometimes. With the natural things you are trying most of the changes are slight and gradual, you have to do the process more than once.

I about burned my scalp off yesterday with bakingsoda and it did fatten and smooth my curls significantly. My scalp is still recovering. :look:

I'm sorry Sour Cream and Lemon didn't work for you. Yogurt and and Coconut/lime didn't help me.:ohwell:

Maybe it's the concentration? What I did, as mentioned in the thread I started about it, with baking soda wasn't "safe" per se...but worked. And just about anything is "safer" than a relaxer (And I mean things within reason).

Whoa. I know when I try to do a Baking Soda scrub on my face, it may burn a little. The baking soda made my hair a bit softer, but my hair was still tangly.

The naturalaxer thing is a hoax. it only helps the co. that makes it get more $.:ohwell: It did nothing for me, either. I've tried just about everything.:lachen: JFM is very good, though. I just don't know how to do retouches.:rolleyes:

The naturalaxer thing is a hoax. it only helps the co. that makes it get more $.:ohwell: It did nothing for me, either. I've tried just about everything.:lachen: JFM is very good, though. I just don't know how to do retouches.:rolleyes:
did you use naturalaxer or natural-laxer?

I used natural-laxer

I've been using a baking soda & water mix consistently over the last several months and I have noticed that my curls are looser. I don't leave it on longer than you would for a regular shampoo, because that's what I use it for.

I don't think it's the amount of baking soda you use but how often you use it. I wash my hair with baking soda about once a week. I use a palmful of baking soda for about 16oz of water. I pour on my scalp first and then rinse the rest of my hair with it. Squeeze and scrunch it, let it froth a bit, then rinse. Sometimes I leave it on during my shower and rinse at the end but then it gets in my eyes and it burns, so I don't do that often.

Also, the caramel treatment does loosen curls a bit. I think if used consistently it would help. Check the thread called "yum...caramel".

Back