Southern Girl--on pincurl experts

Selene

I need help, I followed your directions, but I don't think I am securing the curls correctly...can someone help me....thanks.

SouthernGirl

Hi Blaxalrose,

Tell me a little bit more about the results of your pincurl experiment and maybe I can help. You mentioned securing the pincurls- do you need help with wrapping them into the little donut-like, or bantu knots?

I'd be glad to assist :)

SG

SouthernGirl

blaxalrose said:
I've figured out to secure them with the hair pin, but I can't figure out to make the donut/bantu knot perfectly as you have them in your album. Mine aren't as perfectly formed as yours are...any assistance you could give me would be appreciated.

OK. Here's what I do...

-Starting one section at a time (about 2 inch sections), gently twist the hair from root to tip
-When you get to the bottom, take the section of hair, and just lightly wrap it around itself (hard to describe, but make a circle around the top of the section like a cinnamon bun)
-The whole time you're wrapping it around, you should be holding the end of the section. It sort of looks like you're making circles with your arm, going in one direction the entire time
-When it's all wrapped around, secure it with your pin (I know you're OK on this part)

It helps (for me) when the hair is partially damp- either with water, conditioner, or some-type of moisturizer.

Does that help somewhat? If not, let me know! Don't worry if it takes a while to get it. It took a while for mine to come out the way I like them.
SG

SouthernGirl

blaxalrose said:
Ok, I got you...I'll try it with the conditioner too...I have some leave in conditioner...I'll try it again..Thanks girlie.

No problem Sweetie! Let me know if that doesn't work. We'll try something else if need be.

Also, you might PM Dreemssold for help- hers come out really well, but I'm not sure how she does it.

SG :)