Sperm Donor Who Sired 33 Kids Says Israel Banned His Seed

Leeda.the.Paladin

This is from June. I did a search and didn’t see a posting.

The hardest-working man in the insemination business is at it again this Father’s Day, doing what he does best: impregnating strangers. But now an entire nation is trying to stop him.

“They’re banning my sperm,” Ari Nagel said of Israel’s Ministry of Health.

Known as the Sperminator, Nagel, 42, has fathered 33 children over the past 10 years, many of them born to New York women after he ejaculated into cups in public restrooms — including at a Brooklyn Target and a Starbucks.

SEE ALSO
The Sperminator doesn't have time for prison
In December, a 43-year-old woman agreed to fly the Seed Superman to Israel with the intention of freezing his sperm at a private clinic. But before he even left the clinic, Nagel said, an employee disposed of his sample and told him the facility was not allowed to store his sperm. He believes the clinic recognized his name and alerted health authorities, which ordered the move.

The Ministry of Health sent a letter to the would-be mother saying Nagel’s sperm cannot be used in Israel and that all sperm banks have been alerted.

According to Israeli law, sperm donation must be anonymous; neither the donor nor recipient can know one another’s identity. Nagel, the letter suggests, is widely known. Knowing Nagel’s identity and wanting him in their children’s lives, the mothers have said, is the very reason he is in such high demand in the country.

An exception to the law is made when the donating male signs a documents saying he will co-parent with the mother. Nagel — who’s married with three children ages 4, 7 and 14 — signed such a document with the woman, along with six other would-be moms who have also frozen his sperm in Israel.

That sperm, including some stored at Assaf Harofeh Medical Center near Tel Aviv, has not been destroyed. But those women, who have prepaid for annual storage at nearly $1,400 a year, are also not allowed to retrieve it.

The Ministry of Health refuses to recognize Nagel’s fatherhood pledge. According to a letter sent to another would-be mother, “considering the number of women whom Mr. Nagel impregnated with his sperm . . . it is our position that the claim of an intention to perform true joint parenthood with Mr. Nagel is not sincere or reasonable.”

The 43-year-old woman decided to fight back, suing the Ministry of Health for the right to use Nagel’s sperm. The case has been kicked up to Israel’s highest court.

The hopeful mom declined to speak with The Post. Her name is confidential in court papers.

SEE ALSO
'Sperminator' has 26 kids, many fathered in Target bathrooms
The controversy has left Nagel flummoxed. “There’s a do-not-donate list, and I’m the only one on the list,” he said.

As for the six Israeli women — all of whom are in their early 40s — who have had to put motherhood on hold because of the ban, “They cry to me all the time.”

Nagel believes that Israel hastily changed its laws to prevent him from being a legal sperm donor, he said, based on the findings of the 43-year-old woman’s lawyer.

The Post reported in June 2016 that the New York State Health Department ordered Nagel to obtain a license for donating his seed. He has yet to comply.

Seven new bundles of joy were born of his fruits in the past year — from The Bronx, Long Island, Harlem, Maryland, Orlando, Fla., and Staten Island — some receiving takes on Nagel’s first name, including Aries and Chari. Another 10 babies are on the way.

Nagel’s been fielding requests from women all over the globe. “I have a lot of clients in England,” he said.

Earlier this year, Nagel met a potential baby mama — and her mother — in Midtown.

“I like when they show up with the moms,” he said. “It means they’re family-oriented.”

The younger woman conceived baby Cali, born last month, in an Argo Tea shop that day, via his usual restroom-cup method.

Nagel, a CUNY math professor, has also been asked to be a guest lecturer in a local academic’s genetics class, and recently learned he was the subject of a sociology lesson at NYU.

Leeda.the.Paladin

An exception to the law is made when the donating male signs a documents saying he will co-parent with the mother. Nagel — who’s married with three children ages 4, 7 and 14 — signed such a document with the woman, along with six other would-be moms who have also frozen his sperm in Israel.
How you gonna co parent 6 kids from thousands of miles away? Also are they allowed to sue for support if he’s agreed to coparent?

Ivonnovi

These uterus carriers have got to be suffering from some type of psychosis. They should be included in a Psychological Study; NOT A Sociological Study. He should be made to pay child support of all the Dixie Cup Offspring's he has sired.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
What makes Israeli kids more expensive?
Cost of living is ridiculous. Cars have a 90% import tax so they are double the price in the U.S. You need a car if you have kids. Single people use bikes. Credit doesn’t exist there the same way as the states so your cash reserves need to be deep.

Once you get past COL, adding that Fathers are responsible for about 30% of the mothers living expenses on top of what the child needs directly makes having kids very expensive.

Last edited:

fluffyforever

Good for Israel not allowing their citizens to engage in such shenanigans on their watch.

I don't know how I'd feel having half brothers and sisters around the world and not knowing them. Cousins, sure. But siblings? It just seems intentionally cruel.

Lady-RuffDiamond

how is his wife ok with this mess
It seems that he has done it with her blessing. He is very open about his activities, and it is, in the most basic sense, a transaction of sperm. With this in mind, I would assume that if he had meaningful, non transactional sexual intercourse with someone without her knowledge, that would be the time the divorce papers would be thrown at his head.

Everything Zen

It seems that he has done it with her blessing. He is very open about his activities, and it is, in the most basic sense, a transaction of sperm. With this in mind, I would assume that if he had meaningful, non transactional sexual intercourse with someone without her knowledge, that would be the time the divorce papers would be thrown at his head.

He has had sex with some of these women though. His wife is not happy- they’re married in name only:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...s-of-kids-and-there-could-be-more-coming/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...ed-22-kids-has-a-wife-and-shes-not-happy/amp/

Black Ambrosia